News New Park Hours...

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Would you say this is more of a staffing related decision as opposed to Covid/social distancing concern?
Both, honestly. They must limit capacity on buses, so more buses will be needed at any set time. It will be impractical to get folks to all four parks right at 9 am.

They also hope very few will park hop. Reservations for the park will limit this, but you are unlikely to park hop to MK if it closes at 7. The most logical choice will be Epcot, which actually has the capacity.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
So who is paying current ticket prices for reduced hours and reduced attractions/entertainment?

What a joke.
The real question will be—how many rides can you get on in 10 hours? What if lines are similar to mid-September?

With that said, only resort guests will get to see MK past sunset. Once per week. That’s kinda sad. Same for a nighttime ride on ToT--one night per week, only for resort guests.

po1998

Technically, no one is-- they've paused new ticket sales. Only existing ticket holders or APs can get in at the moment.
...and how are they making money with that plan? Hoping every APer buys 10 Mickey Bars, eats 3 full meals at the parks, and spends $200 each in souvenirs as they leave the parks before it even gets dark?

WDW Pro

Yup.

Same with MK basically when they had their night parties...

MK was set to 7PM to limit confusion that there might be fireworks at night. The busing situation is why they would have much rather Universal not be able to open until later, which would have allowed them to open later in the year and limit the parks. I'm all for going to WDW and having a good time, but of all the things people are going to complain about, it will 100% be buses. My strong advice is that if you go this summer/fall, take your own vehicle.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
MK was set to 7PM to limit confusion that there might be fireworks at night. The busing situation is why they would have much rather Universal not be able to open until later, which would have allowed them to open later in the year and limit the parks. I'm all for going to WDW and having a good time, but of all the things people are going to complain about, it will 100% be buses. My strong advice is that if you go this summer/fall, take your own vehicle.
Oh, goodness. People are so angry over buses as it is. Add to that waiting 45 minutes for a bus to Epcot at 10:30 am (already like 85 degrees) and people will lose it. Capacity per bus will be quite low. Just wait til a scooter shows up...

This is why we picked Universal. Thanks, I’ll walk.

WDW Pro

Oh, goodness. People are so angry over buses as it is. Add to that waiting 45 minutes for a bus to Epcot at 10:30 am (already like 85 degrees) and people will lose it. Capacity per bus will be quite low. Just wait til a scooter shows up...

This is why we picked Universal. Thanks, I’ll walk.

You know how angry people get when they can't get on a bus after the park closes and they're exhausted? Like when they're the next ones and the bus driver says they can't take anymore. Amplify that by about four all-day every day.

*Cinderelly*

In the Parks
No
Guests get annoyed at security when they have to wait an long time to get into the parks and there is heat involved. I can only imagine adding long waits to the buses and to get on rides. I am not going until the end of the year into 2021 and I hope some of this has calmed by then. One of the worst things I see in the parks is guests acting like idiots because they get annoyed over something totally out of their control.

DVCakaCarlF

Wouldn’t the MK resorts have monorail or boat?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom