News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I’m not liking this crutch of using Disney movie songs for this thing.. I could get it with Rainbow connection… but I don’t get how this fits in.. with the festival nor EPCOT or Spaceship Earth itself, sorry.

Please. You need to get on board!! This is a greatest thing Disney has done in like forever!!!

Again, this does nothing for me. Probably because SSE is not an LED billboard, IMHO. Using it as such is lazy. It’s just a cheap heat, to borrow a wrestling term. I like the simple beauty of SSE lit up at night, with memorable Epcot music gently playing in the background. But I guess that’s too low-brow, or just too high on the standards scale, for a majority of today’s park consumers.

Monorail_Red_77

They could totally recreate the fiberoptic sidewalks at Innoventions West, that I would go for. Can you imagine seeing that on SSE. One of my friends used to work at WDW and knows the people that made them.
1646311744161.png

Disstevefan1

There is a lot I dislike about the EPCOT reimagination, but the points of light on SSE I love! This was a super way to use the latest technology to plus the 1982 attraction.

ToTBellHop

I’m not liking this crutch of using Disney movie songs for this thing.. I could get it with Rainbow connection… but I don’t get how this fits in.. with the festival nor EPCOT or Spaceship Earth itself, sorry.
Have you listened to the lyrics of “Colors of the Wind”? It’s not a huge leap for me at the nature festival.

What will they do for F&W? “Gaston”?
1646317479681.gif

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They could totally recreate the fiberoptic sidewalks at Innoventions West, that I would go for. Can you imagine seeing that on SSE. One of my friends used to work at WDW and knows the people that made them.
View attachment 625140
Such pavers are commercially available.

But, since LED lights are so passé, I'd imagine the folks saying that would definitely not want such old off-the-shelf tech pavers put back in the parks.

TwilightZone

Epcot Legacy's Facebook page brought this up as this was such a missed opportunity to play this song rather than Colors of the Wind during the event and would make more sense.

This inspired me to use a youtube mashup site to test out Papillon (if it does not play right away just press the big "play" button). Even though the song is longer than the video, it works pretty well!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom