News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

dreday3

Here is a video look at some of the sequences.

oh man.
Thank gosh we are going here our arrival day and it will be just the two of us for the first part of the trip.
I know that I will be watching this and just be so happy to be back after 4 years that I will laugh/cry! :D The music - it's so very EPCOT Center!!!

Every time I walk up on Spaceship Earth, I feel like I am home. Even when there was an almost 20 year gap between trips.

This is such a big add in my opinion. Like...it's pretty much what I'm most looking forward to.

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

Saw it this week - While I liked the idea, I wasn't sure if I was going to like the execution. I do agree with those who say it is too bright. In the moments where it appears merely to glow it is STUNNING . . . but most of the time it feels as though the goal is to BLIND. It doesn't actually hurt to look at or anything, it's just too much. A little restraint would go a looooong way here. Let it mostly have a soothing glow, and let that be punctuated by the occassional burst of bright light.

It's impressive and for sure grabs everyone's attention, but I'd love to see them turn the "volume" down. The Earidescence at Cinderella Castle got it *JUST* right, in my opinion. The lights on Spaceship Earth are ridiculously bright by comparison - it's set apart from the other Beacons, and not necessarily in a good way. Obviously the methods by which they are achieved is different, but still, I think it would benefit greatly from being dialed back.

I'm positively vexed that they didn't build any Fiber Optic pavement into the area around the Fountain in front of SSE. That would have been an obvious way to bridge "Old EPCOT" and New with a beloved element that fits the new scheme. I hope they have the sense to give it to us somewhere when the rest of the walls come down.

Bocabear

Maybe they will use fiber optics in the pavement at the "Wishing Tree" whatever that is or "Dreamers Point" whatever that is...
These half-baked ideas are still baffling...

IMDREW

Does anyone have a good quality version of the new Epcot Anthem music?

I thought they would use that as a base for Harmonious, but aside from a few snippets here and there it isn't featured at all. I do love that score.

The best I could find is this snippet:

James Alucobond

Maybe they will use fiber optics in the pavement at the "Wishing Tree" whatever that is or "Dreamers Point" whatever that is...
These half-baked ideas are still baffling...
The Wishing Tree wasn't mentioned in the latest update to the description of the plaza, so I would assume it's been axed. Dreamer's Point is still in there, though.

Bocabear

The Wishing Tree wasn't mentioned in the latest update to the description of the plaza, so I would assume it's been axed. Dreamer's Point is still in there, though.
What the heck is Dreamers Point? I know there will be a statue, but is it an overlook? it clearly isn't a point out into a body of water... or promontory... Dreamers Plaza might be more appropriate...or just "Statue in the middle of the Event lawn"...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not only not mentioned the in the latest update, but dropped out of mentioning for almost a year and a half. Along with the streetmosphere area in which the concept art had a Mad Hatter Tea Party and floating dancers... which was never fully explained as to what that was to begin with.

James Alucobond

What the heck is Dreamers Point? I know there will be a statue, but is it an overlook? it clearly isn't a point out into a body of water... or promontory... Dreamers Plaza might be more appropriate...or just "Statue in the middle of the Event lawn"...
The press release says it’s somewhere near Spaceship Earth and offers a unique view of World Showcase. Not exactly sure how that’s physically possible, but that’s the description.

Not only not mentioned the in the latest update, but dropped out of mentioning for almost a year and a half. Along with the streetmosphere area in which the concept art had a Mad Hatter Tea Party and floating dancers... which was never fully explained as to what that was to begin with.
There is still generic mention of the area in the center of World Celebration being an “enchanted garden”, just with zero details. I’m assuming their plans are extremely fluid at the moment.

Bocabear

Epic Failure for WDW's 50th Anniversary launch.
You kind of knew it was going to be bad when they started doing press releases for the floor material in Club Cool and Ceiling paint in the Morocco pavilion. Yikes!

James Alucobond

Epic Failure for WDW's 50th Anniversary launch.
You kind of knew it was going to be bad when they started doing press releases for the floor material in Club Cool and Ceiling paint in the Morocco pavilion. Yikes!
Pretty sure EPCOT was always going to be something of a disaster during the 50th regardless. While Wonders of Xandar, PLAY!, Journey of Water, and the table service restaurant would have likely added to the offerings, the festival center, Cherry Tree Lane, and Spaceship Earth refurb would have likely still been in progress, if not more.

Last edited:

Bocabear

It is a shame that the spine project at least was not completed in time for the anniversary...It would have been nice to have had the park looking beautiful for the 50th... The Spaceship Earth exterior and front entrance plaza look beautiful at least...

James Alucobond

It is a shame that the spine project at least was not completed in time for the anniversary...It would have been nice to have had the park looking beautiful for the 50th... The Spaceship Earth exterior and front entrance plaza look beautiful at least...
Indeed. Spaceship Earth is really the best thing about the whole 50th celebration to me, especially because the change is permanent, minus the Magic Is Calling sequence. As much as people disdain the loss of the full extent of CommuniCore, I still think the spine was going to be beautiful; I'm really disappointed that the Festival Center isn't happening as it makes the demolition seem wholly pointless.

Bocabear

The demolition is totally pointless... Entering the park there will be a football field's length gap between you and the lakefront esplanade... and nothing until you reach the outer rim Pavilion entrance walkways...
We all know they needed an overhaul and fresh content, but now the whole entrance plaza seems pointless and nothing but a giant event lawn (with a statue of Walt Disney).. I don't get the vision.

J4546

Id be down if they put in a lot of trees and make the front area full of lush shaded pathways like AK. Make it a forest between SSE and the Lagoon

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom