News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

Goofyernmost

Then why couldn't the shins have gone on the inner side of the pylons? This reeks of poor planning /last minute/ cheap solution.
It probably reeks more of the reality of physics needed to get the desired result from the lighting and the fountain. You guys would complain if they hung you with a new rope. (sorry, one of my fathers favorite expressions when we would whine about stuff that should have been a good thing).

lazyboy97o

Key word in your comment...”old”. Need I remind you that you are buying a ticket to have a few days of fun with your family each visit, not stock options. I look across the lagoon once or twice. Too busy walking with my kids and enjoying their joy. I am not there to watch the sunset over the lagoon. Best way to show your lack of support for people who likely have more qualifications than you or I is to simply not go. Disney is not going to stay trapped in an era to make a certain generation happy.
Then why all the fuss over the way things look? Or is that maybe actually a key part of the fun.

trainplane3

Yep, there's lights in the "shins":
Ep26_W2XcAAIZuW

So my idea of how they were there to block a glare from the central light was wrong. Turns out, those look to be the "central light"?

Last edited:

cgersic

I'm not sure if this has been asked, but what happened to all of the plates people purchased to be part of the tombstones? Are they being placed somewhere else? Thanks in advance!

Captain Barbossa

Am I the only one who may love the new utility covers more than the fountain and pylons? (Lol) They look great! But seriously, the fountain and pylons look great too.
Unfortunately, the original was before my time, but I absolutely love seeing pictures of it. In fact, it’s the wallpaper for my phone’s lock screen. But anyways, I can’t wait to see this rendition of it in person someday. Sadly, I believe that this is the only good thing that we’ll get out of the overhaul.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Out with the new, in with the old.

Credit due for replacing what was a poor choice. However, I’m not going to heap praise on WDI for putting back what used to be there as if it were a great engineering achievement. That said, I’m looking forward to seeing these in person, hopefully in March.

halltd

PHOTOS - Construction walls down at EPCOT reveal new main entrance fountain​

Epcot_Full_40369.jpg
Even though more and more people post photos these days (which I love), @wdwmagic always takes THE BEST photos. The quality, framing, detail, color, etc... is all second to none. Thanks!!!

Fountain AND the manhole cover looks amazing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom