new orleans riverside or french quarter?

jetienne

Since the Caribbean Beach Resort's pool will be under rehab during my stay in Aug 2008, I decided to maybe give New Orleans a go. But which one? Please help me out here!

k.hunter30

This is a debate much talked about on this board. I vote for FQ b/c of it's smaller size (less walking) and overall atmosphere. I'm sure others will have different opinions. If you want to check them out now, do a search and you'll find some pretty recent threads on this subject.

Merry Christmas! :xmas::wave:

Upvote 0

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Yup, if you scroll down to the bottom of this page you'll see several previous threads on this topic.

I was just at FQ recently and had been at Riverside last time. I actually prefer the theming of FQ because I love New Orleans, but my boyfriend said he preferred Riverside because it had more of a "swampy" feel, he likes the whole trees/woodsie thing. They're both great though, you can't miss no matter which one you pick.

Upvote 0

bsandersjr

We have never stayed at Riverside, but will be staying at FQ for the second time during our next trip.

We choose FQ over Riverside only because it is the smaller side of the resort, and if I remember correctly, the bus picks at up FQ first.

Upvote 0

LeeLee D

I have only stayed at Riverside. Loved the theme and atmosphere, but there was a lot of walking involved. Coming back from walking all day at a park and having to walk so far to my room wasn't fun.

Great resort, just a little to big for me.

Upvote 0

Miss Bell

This is kind of like an chicken versus egg debate; you're going to get a ton of opposing responses. I have stayed at both, and really love both (and much more than CBR,) but it will depend on what you are looking for.

FQ is much smaller, which makes it feel more intimate. Everything is very close there: buses, lobby, counter service.

Riverside is bigger, but still smaller compared to Caribean. It is more spread out, but there are more bus stops to accomodate. There is an excellent sitdown restraunt there--there is no sitdown at FQ.

Both have their pluses--I would stay at either again in a heartbeat, but FQ is always my first choice.

So, my advice, think about what you are looking for out of a resort and go that way--I think you'll be happy with either.

BTW--you mentioned pools--both have cool pools, again FQ's is smaller, but has an awesome sea monster slide--I think it is a plus if you have younger kids (although, my 16 year old still likes it, too.)

Upvote 0

H20Babie

I'm going to post the opposite view here. I much prefer Riverside. IMHO, it is much quieter and transquil than FQ, and, please don't laugh, but FQ's food court really creeps me out! :eek:

Whichever one you stay at, you'll be in WDW!

Upvote 0

NCState

I'm going to post the opposite view here. I much prefer Riverside. IMHO, it is much quieter and transquil than FQ, and, please don't laugh, but FQ's food court really creeps me out! :eek:

I agree, we like Riverside side better because of the quieter side of WDW and the landscaping is just great! FQ just creeps us out too!:wave:

Upvote 0

H20Babie

The giant, mammoth carnival masks hanging off the walls and ceiling ... especially the clownish type ones ... it's like they're watching you eat :zipit:

Upvote 0

SallyShine

No kidding. Those big heads hanging over your table are a bit distracting. However, I still have to vote for FQ. I've stayed at both and will be staying at FQ again in May. POR is just too big. The only time we stayed there I felt like we walked more in our resort than in the parks.

Upvote 0

Tink_lover900

We just arrived back from Riverside and we really love it...haven't stayed at FQ before....we did walk around it this trip and it was pretty neat...but my choice would have to be Riverside...it really is a matter of your own preference of what you are looking for in your stay.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom