New Online PotC Game - What's Going On???

DisneyDellsDude

Original Poster
Anyone know what's going on with it?
The website still says it's opening in Spring, which has already passed.
I know they had people do BETA testing for it, but haven't heard anything since then about it.

:confused:

Kingdom WDW

I was playing for Beta testing before.
But now I can't seem to get on. >_<
When I have a chance to get back on, I will tell y'all about what I am hearing.
From my most recent sources, it seems they are basically fixing a lot of bugs.
And they reset my game so I lost my pirate and 3 ships...

darthjohnny

I was playing for Beta testing before.
But now I can't seem to get on. >_<
When I have a chance to get back on, I will tell y'all about what I am hearing.
From my most recent sources, it seems they are basically fixing a lot of bugs.
And they reset my game so I lost my pirate and 3 ships...

Sorry about losing your saved game.

Is Pirates Online a completely online game like VMK, or do you have to purchase the disc at a store, and play it online, like Toontown.

If it is completely online, is it free, or do you have to pay for it?

Kingdom WDW

Sorry about losing your saved game.

Is Pirates Online a completely online game like VMK, or do you have to purchase the disc at a store, and play it online, like Toontown.

If it is completely online, is it free, or do you have to pay for it?

It is an online game, but in three dimensions. It is in beta testing now, and I downloaded it straight from the site. (Took a couple hours). But at the Pirates3 TRAILER premiere, you were given a disk.

For beta testing, you must give your credit card # (to prove you're 18 or have parent's permission). It is free, and there will not be a charge. I am testing the unlimited access, or so I was. Now, I heard that there are not giving out "Beta Keys" anymore, but when I last tried to play (quite a few weeks) they said that all avatars created after a certain date (already passed) will be testing the limited, free version. The unlimited, subscription version will be $9.95.
Any other questions?

darthjohnny

It is an online game, but in three dimensions. It is in beta testing now, and I downloaded it straight from the site. (Took a couple hours). But at the Pirates3 TRAILER premiere, you were given a disk.

For beta testing, you must give your credit card # (to prove you're 18 or have parent's permission). It is free, and there will not be a charge. I am testing the unlimited access, or so I was. Now, I heard that there are not giving out "Beta Keys" anymore, but when I last tried to play (quite a few weeks) they said that all avatars created after a certain date (already passed) will be testing the limited, free version. The unlimited, subscription version will be $9.95.
Any other questions?

Oh. Thanks for all the info, Kingdom WDW. :wave: :)

darthmikey

The game got pushed back for maybe a Fall release. They are still having problems with quests and still have many bugs to fix.

lana1989

I need help !

hey ;
i have already downloaded this game like 2 months ago and i LOVED IT but i had a basic access so while i was playing they stopped at certain quest and told me u have 2 uprgade 2 premuim in order 2 complete .... but in the game news they kept saying that they r going 2 make this game totally free 4 basic members 2 soon ... so i was wondering when r they going 2 do that ... and i know that as a basic member i can't do alot of stuff like tattos and weapons but all i care about is just doing quests ... if anybody know a site where i can download the game from other than the disney site where i can play the game for free wothout having 2 uprgade please tell me ...
thanx alot in advance :wave:

darthjohnny

The game was only totally free last weekend as part of a special event. Every Basic member is back to their old status now. The only way you can get Unlimited is pay for it or get a free trial pass somehow. There is going to be a privateering contest soon and if you win are won of the top players you'll win a prize (It might be a free pass).

Kingdom WDW

If you signed up during beta, you should have unlimited access, albeit on the Test Server. You get all of the benefits of an unlimited access member, but not as many play the Test Server.

I've been playing POTCO a little more and have acquired a taste for it. I'm Level 14 now, I believe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom