New Norway movie at Epcot

mickhyperion

BRER STITCH said:
...One easy solution for the Norwegian Travel Board would be to use the movie as the "Preshow" and make everyone enter and watch it BEFORE opening the doors to the ride!...
I agree. Since everyone has to wait in line before the ride for at least 5 minutes (and usually much longer), this would be the perfect time to show the movie. Most people would end up seeing it several times this way, rather than having to beg/guilt people into sticking around to watch it afterward and only retaining a fraction of the guests (most relunctantly, at that). There's no other Disney attraction I can think of that tries to hold you after you've experienced the attraction in order to show you what should be a preshow movie.

Nana birdie

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">My 3 year old grandson loves the Norway ride and the movie. He insists that we watch it eveytime we take him. My husband and I don't understand his fascination with the film. The little boy must remind him of himself.Yes, I agree it should be a pre-show. I am so embarrassed when everyone just walks right on thru the theater. I know we would do that too if our grandson didn't insist on watching it. There is also talk that the Mexico ride is going to become an update about the 3 Caballeros. Canada is suppose to get a new film for the anniversary. The big rumor that I hope happens is that Epcot will get a new parade for the festivities. :) A parade is very, very expensive to put on at Epcot as it is such a big place. Anyway that is what Brad Rex, Head Honcho of Epcot, said when he was asked that question at a workshop. We'll see. CMs are the last to know what is going on but I think they are really going to do the 25th up big so start saving your change and plan to be at Epcot in 2007.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

tomm4004

ryguy said:
Doesn't this set a bad precedent for Disney? If I am the other countries in World Showcase and I read this article the first thing I would do is stop paying rent to Disney. Norway doesn't pay anything and gets free advertising.
This article gave more insight into the operation of World Showcase - which I have never completely understood. It also explains why the Norway restaurant is now all princess all the time - Disney runs it. As for other countries, I'm not sure how they run.

I assume that Mitsukoshi runs the Japanese restaurants and store (which just expanded), makes a big profit, pays Disney rent and royalties, and is very happy. Whether or not the government is involved I don't know.

As for Canada, most of the stores have closed and the film is old. They even lost the beaver tails. I guess there is no Canadian company behind it. Perhaps not even the government.

It is dissapointing that we've had no new countries in almost 20 years, especially after all the plans that Disney itself showed us in the 1990s. Maybe it was due to the Norway problems. Maybe Disney drove a hard bargain. But the restaurants are always picked (huge profit margins) and the stores will do well is run probably. And there's the promotion aspect. You'd think countries would be begging to get in. Canada spent a ton for a pavilion at the World's Fair in Japan, but I would think that EPCOT gets more visitors in the long run.

peter11435

My understadning is that the restaurants in Norway, Germany, Morrocco, US, and UK are operated by Disney, while the rest are operated by others.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom