New Norway Film for 2005

maxime29

Premium Member
DarkMeasures said:
That is what my dad has but mini DV is not a disk. It is a tiny tape that is recorded on digitally like on a CD or DVD. the DVD one is the Sony Handcam I believe.

But the Mini DV is relly annoying to edit because the editing software on my computer does not work for some reason and the program always crashes. I find this funny because my mom got my dad a 200 gig HDD last christmas. Sadly it is going to waste unlike the printer I got my dad. (6 colors, can print directly onto CDs)

Panasonic, Hitachi, and Sony make the DVD cameras (Hitachi is the most versatile including the ability to record up to DVD-RAM). Mini DV is good quality. Better than Super 8. I believe the next one up is the MicroMV? (it's used by the very small Sony cameras).

DarkMeasures: look into getting Pinnacle Studio or Adobe Premiere. I believe there are trial versions of both software (if not, I know Adobe offers a trial).

Sorry for getting sidetracked and the couple day bump. :D

Kwit35

maxime29 said:
Panasonic, Hitachi, and Sony make the DVD cameras (Hitachi is the most versatile including the ability to record up to DVD-RAM). Mini DV is good quality. Better than Super 8. I believe the next one up is the MicroMV? (it's used by the very small Sony cameras).

DarkMeasures: look into getting Pinnacle Studio or Adobe Premiere. I believe there are trial versions of both software (if not, I know Adobe offers a trial).

Sorry for getting sidetracked and the couple day bump. :D
Sony makes some great editing software as well. Vegas Video, is very easy to use and has many features. I found pinnacle difficult and have not had the pleasure of playing with Adobe yet.
I have the Hitachi DVD camera, but find it hard to get the format in a usable form. I found that there is some downloadable software by Ulead that will take the info off of your mini DVD's and transfer it to regular DVD's. If you let it do its thing, then sneak into the the program while it is doing its thing, you can take your movies out of its temp files and use them in your editing software. You see, while it is reading your mini DVD, it stores all your VOR files in MPEG format, in the temp files. Just go into the temp files before it finishes, then click and drag the mpeg files somewhere else. HEHEHE, sneaky, but it works.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom