New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Magic Feather

Is that a permanent-ish plan or just for the launch rush? Even with Avatar I have a hard time seeing a lot of people being able to justify staying at AK til midnight most nights. Epcot and MK would close earlier despite having more to do.
Permanent, unless the show proves to be very unpopular, and maybe If crowds are lighter, in addition to late sunset (although extended hours can and probably will fix that).

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I wonder if I should be thankful for not wasting time on that show o_O
Yes, yes you should

My brother, his wife, 14 1/2 year old son, and 13 year old daughter saw it last night. With absolutely no preconceived opinions and zero idea what to expect, they each accorded it a 6.5, 7, 7, 7 respectively.
They said conditions were a little breezy and the projections were quite a blur. They enjoyed the singing and dancing.

My SIL said they're all glad they saw it, and that it's too bad it will be over before my trip next week.

For comparison sake, they also saw FotLK for the first time, and rated it a 7; except my nephew who thought it was "lame".

Considering that in the past my brother would NEVER stop, not even for Wishes or Illuminations (until I took each of his kids and showed them that that WDW is more than just rides), 6 1/2 and 7's is fairly high praise.

DABIGCHEEZ

My brother, his wife, 14 1/2 year old son, and 13 year old daughter saw it last night. With absolutely no preconceived opinions and zero idea what to expect, they each accorded it a 6.5, 7, 7, 7 respectively.
They said conditions were a little breezy and the projections were quite a blur. They enjoyed the singing and dancing.

My SIL said they're all glad they saw it, and that it's too bad it will be over before my trip next week.

For comparison sake, they also saw FotLK for the first time, and rated it a 7; except my nephew who thought it was "lame".

Considering that in the past my brother would NEVER stop, not even for Wishes or Illuminations (until I took each of his kids and showed them that that WDW is more than just rides), 6 1/2 and 7's is fairly high praise.

You should never trust those four judging anything in the future with those ratings...:jawdrop:

Tavernacle12

Correct. It's a shame the theater will have to be vacant for even that long.. Though not complaining JB is finished!

I am curious if there was a reason they wanted JB gone way before RoL can come online? Barges and stages out of the way? Programing?

Won't attendance be down now that the summer is over? They probably closed it now to save money since the parks won't be as full anyways.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom