New MyMagic+ 'Memory Maker' photography package begins Friday

WDWDad13

Those that pre-paid shouldn't see a price increase out of the blue since we've already paid but who knows what'll happen

Goofnut1980

Cool maybe I'll see ya lol

I'm a DVC'er staying at pop for 1 night and bonnet creek (off property for the first time) for the remaining 11 days. Should be interesting lol

We are staying at POP on Saturday... then AKL Kidani till friday... We are DVC too!

journ116

I, too, purchased PP+ two months ago for our Feb. 2014 trip @ the $149.95 price. I have in my possession the PP+ voucher and photo DVD that accompanied it. What can I expect now: refund? nothing? upgrade and how?

Thanks!

WDWDad13

I don't see that it offers anymore than pp+ other than quicker and multi downloads and 45 days worth of time am I missing something? Hopefully there won't be a price difference and those of us already prepaid just get this new package name

Bairstow

I still don't see why anyone would pony up the money for this program when you could buy a good point-and-shoot camera with HD video capabilities for the same money.
Heck, a lot of people already carry smartphones that can take perfectly good photos in much higher resolution than can be easily printed.

asialeigh

I still don't see why anyone would pony up the money for this program when you could buy a good point-and-shoot camera with HD video capabilities for the same money.
Heck, a lot of people already carry smartphones that can take perfectly good photos in much higher resolution than can be easily printed.

Just because you have an expensive camera does not mean you know how to take good photos.

quirkle

I love the photos from Disney. The special effects, the fact tag I actually exist in the pictures since I don't exist on a vacation unless someone else takes the photo. It is less hassle for me to have the photographers taking them then to stop a family to do us the favor.

That being said- one of my favorite memories of my last trip was a family whose camera had broken. They wanted pics at the Osbourn lights. I took the photos and when I got home I emailed them to the mom. It felt good to help.

WDWDad13

That being said- one of my favorite memories of my last trip was a family whose camera had broken. They wanted pics at the Osbourn lights. I took the photos and when I got home I emailed them to the mom. It felt good to help.

that's a very cool story... I always say Disney is a place where you can meet some of the nicest people (and also the rudest)

FYI, if you prepurchased the PP + nothing changes, they will be still giving you the Red Card to use, they still have over 25K prepurchases they need to filter thru.
As of Friday you can not prepurchase PP+ anymore you now prepurchase Memory Maker.

WDWDad13

FYI, if you prepurchased the PP + nothing changes, they will be still giving you the Red Card to use, they still have over 25K prepurchases they need to filter thru.
As of Friday you can not prepurchase PP+ anymore you now prepurchase Memory Maker.

thanks... so what are the differences other than downloads and time to download?

boufa

I just don't see the value. This may be the most over priced product that they sell, and that says a lot!

Sure there are some magic shots, but could you live without them? If they stopped the magic shots would it ruin your vacation? Yes, it would be great to be in more pictures with my family, but cast members (including photopass photogs) are very willing to take your picture for you with your camera. I look at the photos I got from my last trip, when I did do a photopass. I got 100 pics roughly. Of those approx 3-4 pics were taken of each shot. And about 10-15 magic shots. So in the end, I ended up paying $149 for approx 25 pictures. Thats almost $6 a photo!

I also came home with about 700 pictures of my own with my own camera. Fewer staged with backdrops, more with the kids doing spontaneous things, the photos I actually look at. Each to their own, but with all the nickle and dime complaining that goes on in these boards... I can't see how this isn't the worst of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom