New MyMagic+ 'Memory Maker' photography package begins Friday

djkidkaz

Will this put an end to the DIS scam of getting 4 unrelated families to split a package and make everyone a copy of the pics?

Those people on the DIS always have some scam they come up with. My absolute favorite was the fridge swap. Where a group chips in to buy a mini fridge and has it sent to the resort and then as they check out they leave it at the front desk for the next person.

In August we took about 2500 photos ourselves but got about 600 on PP+, only 25c each, bargain.

If you can link all the bands that would be great, saves having to go back and get the ride photos if the person riding didn't have the PP+ with them.

asianway

Those people on the DIS always have some scam they come up with. My absolute favorite was the fridge swap. Where a group chips in to buy a mini fridge and has it sent to the resort and then as they check out they leave it at the front desk for the next person.
Nice one.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/memory-maker/

Imagine having your magical vacation moments captured—with everyone in the picture! With Memory Maker*:

• You get all the photos of everyone in your travel party taken by our Disney PhotoPass photographers at hundreds of locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort.
  • Whether you pose in front of Cinderella Castle, share a hug with Mickey, or let us capture your fun family moments throughout the theme parks, all those great shots are yours.
  • Even attraction photos are included, like that amazing shot of your plummet down Splash Mountain!
  • Forget about having to purchase each photo individually, because you get digital copies of all of them to download and share with family and friends.**

-----

So it no longer includes character dining photos? also you can only buy 3 days in advance. You photo window starts automatically 3 days after purchase.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Will this put an end to the DIS scam of getting 4 unrelated families to split a package and make everyone a copy of the pics?

Ha! I guess my internal scam artist never developed. I would have never thought of this! Actually creates a price point for what is delivered more palatable.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I would bring a few disposable cameras just in case...just don't put them in your carry-on bag, the x-Ray might expose the film.

Curious? How many guests actually use film these days? Even the disposable cameras now seem to be digital.

WDWYankee15

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/memory-maker/
So it no longer includes character dining photos? also you can only buy 3 days in advance. You photo window starts automatically 3 days after purchase.
While it doesn't spell out the dining photos or some other things that were in PP+, like BBB, they are shown in the video on the page. The video can be seen here or go to the link above and the video is there.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/memory-maker/#memoryMakerGallery=0/0/0/0

However they do the same thing they did in the video when they rolled out PP+ regarding character meals. See 2:07 in the video below. This is even more misleading than the new video. "EVERY SMILE AND HUG..." :hilarious:

They make it seem like PhotoPass photographers are "IN" the restaurant capturing candid shots. While I think that is a great idea to have a photographer with each character to get candid's and possed photos, it would slow things down and is never going to happen. I think it is very misleading and I think it was then too. I gave feedback to PhotoPass on their previous video, but it was like :banghead:.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
While I agree that 4 unrelated families splitting a PhotoPass package reeks of scam, I always thought the fridge swap was a clever idea.
As a 100% commissioned salesperson, some years I am "bucks up" and other years, times are lean.
I tried to hop on to one of the fridge swaps at POP a few years ago, but the dates didn't work out for us. So we had to settle for a trip over to Publix to get a styrofoam cooler.
IMO once a fridge is purchased, it is entirely at the discretion of the owner what he does with it. If he wants to sell it to 6 or 7 people down the line to defray the costs, I am okay with it. The swap chains always break eventually, so nobody was getting rich off the scheme - just everybody saving a few $$.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
I just don't see the value. This may be the most over priced product that they sell, and that says a lot!

Sure there are some magic shots, but could you live without them? If they stopped the magic shots would it ruin your vacation? Yes, it would be great to be in more pictures with my family, but cast members (including photopass photogs) are very willing to take your picture for you with your camera. I look at the photos I got from my last trip, when I did do a photopass. I got 100 pics roughly. Of those approx 3-4 pics were taken of each shot. And about 10-15 magic shots. So in the end, I ended up paying $149 for approx 25 pictures. Thats almost $6 a photo!

I also came home with about 700 pictures of my own with my own camera. Fewer staged with backdrops, more with the kids doing spontaneous things, the photos I actually look at. Each to their own, but with all the nickle and dime complaining that goes on in these boards... I can't see how this isn't the worst of it.

We typically use both our camera and DPP photographers for our vacation shots. I usually request they use my camera as it has better lenses and body than the ones Disney usually has to use but I really like the fact I am in the shots and not the missing family member, usually have 200-300 pictures on PP/PP+ each trip which makes the price per shot very inexpensive. We have had quite a few very memorable moments where the photographers played with my kids, dualing cameras, candid goofing around and more. The magic shots are also a lot of fun to have with Stitch, Simba, Tinkerbell and various others that overall make a $149 price very cheap.

And to boot, if I don't want to lug around my DSLR rig, lenses and trip all day I don't have to as I can simply enjoy my vacation and get all the photos I want.

quirkle

They told me that there is a 10.00 charge for the DVD on MMwhich brings it up to the cost of PP+ which included the DVD.

GeekDad

They told me that there is a 10.00 charge for the DVD on MMwhich brings it up to the cost of PP+ which included the DVD.

But with Memory Maker you get unlimited downloads of all of your pictures while they are available. I was told you have 45 days to start downloading them and then 30 days after you start downloading them to finish downloading them. Also I was told any friends or family on MDE that are down there at the same time can add photos to your memory maker. You can also grant permissions for each photo to whomever you want that has an MDE account so it pretty much eliminates the need for the DVD as not only can you download them but you can have and of your friends and family download them as well. I really like the idea and I will probably be pre-purchasing it in a day or two for my trip that starts the 13th.

quirkle

But with Memory Maker you get unlimited downloads of all of your pictures while they are available. I was told you have 45 days to start downloading them and then 30 days after you start downloading them to finish downloading them. Also I was told any friends or family on MDE that are down there at the same time can add photos to your memory maker. You can also grant permissions for each photo to whomever you want that has an MDE account so it pretty much eliminates the need for the DVD as not only can you download them but you can have and of your friends and family download them as well. I really like the idea and I will probably be pre-purchasing it in a day or two for my trip that starts the 13th.
They said we would get that too. That basically we will get benefits of both packages if we per purchased Pp+

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom