New Music at Space Mt.

wdwfan22

se8472 said:
The music at the unload area has been changed to something new. I don't know if it has a name or not and none of the cast could figure out if it comes from something old. However, the new score sounds like the one used in Paris before there Space was redone. Very epic like, as if some star ship is about to dock.

So the next time you come to visit me, keep you ears open! :)

As of the other day the music at unload was the starfield theme that is also played at the beginning of the queue.

se8472

Original Poster
wdwfan22 said:
As of the other day the music at unload was the starfield theme that is also played at the beginning of the queue.

The change was made on tuesday, before that...the music was what you speak of.

zone15int

Thank goodness!! No more zoom zoom, no more of that music from overhead on TTA also known as lullaby because it puts me to sleep at unload. I can't wait to hear the new stuff. I was talking to another CM and she thinks it sounds "Epcot-ish."

I didn't see anyone post about this, so I will ask. Does anyone know who does the voice at unload there? I swear it's George Clooney. A lot of people agree with me, but I could be crazy. Any responses?

zone15int

adamthegetupkid said:
I didn't see anyone post about this, so I will ask. Does anyone know who does the voice at unload there? I swear it's George Clooney. A lot of people agree with me, but I could be crazy. Any responses?

I think it's the same voice from the loading area(pre spanish speil) It may be from the fedex rehab or maybe rca days. I was convinced for a while that it was D.ck Cavett.

se8472

Original Poster
zone15int said:
Thank goodness!! No more zoom zoom, no more of that music from overhead on TTA also known as lullaby because it puts me to sleep at unload. I can't wait to hear the new stuff. I was talking to another CM and she thinks it sounds "Epcot-ish."

Come back to the mountain and you can hear it :p

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
DisneyJoey said:
Sorry, but if this game had been coached properly, this fluke never would have come close to taking place. Les Miles can ride the same sad ship as Eisner.
yep! he had opportunities to put the game out of reach, but you do have to credit UT a little for changing the gameplan at half, and dominating the second.

biggest mistake (2) not getting at least 3 points at the end of the first half and letting the clock run out on accident and at the end of the game, since you are at home with home field advantage, not trying to drive down the field and score with a few minutes left, instead he runs the ball to kill clock.

dxwwf3

DisneyJoey said:
Sorry, but if this game had been coached properly, this fluke never would have come close to taking place. Les Miles can ride the same sad ship as Eisner.

And if Ainge hadn't giftwrapped 14 points, the game would have never gone into overtime. We would have won easily in regulation. You can look at it a number of different ways.

Anyways.......................

So do I have it straight that the only changes to Space Mountain music are the music you hear on the unload area and on the postshow? And if those are the only changes does anyone really know why this happened?

DonnieDarko

I went over there today and can tell you the new Space Mountain unload and post show loop is the exit area loop from the new Space Mountain in California. I find this really wierd as this is the slow suite of the main theme heard while on the coaster which does not fit the theming of WDW Space whatsoever. Put back the Star Tunnel music there. It worked a lot better and didn't make me wish I just came off of DL Space.

Bairstow

Can someone describe this "Star Tunnel Music" to me?

I've been looking for a good recording of the hologram area ambient music for the last 8 years with no success. If this is it, I would love a recording.

If they've removed Esquivel's "Music Makers" it's a real shame. For that matter, I hear that ALL the BGM in tomorrowland has changed since last year. Do they still play "The Palace" and "Night Fire Music" ?

CaptainMichael

DisneyJoey said:
Sorry, but if this game had been coached properly, this fluke never would have come close to taking place.
Exactly!!!! What happened to the coaches between the first and second half? And, I'm not totally sure that JaMarcus Russell should be our quarterback.

xfkirsten

DonnieDarko said:
I went over there today and can tell you the new Space Mountain unload and post show loop is the exit area loop from the new Space Mountain in California. I find this really wierd as this is the slow suite of the main theme heard while on the coaster which does not fit the theming of WDW Space whatsoever. Put back the Star Tunnel music there. It worked a lot better and didn't make me wish I just came off of DL Space.

Ah, thanks for the heads up on that one! I love our Space music out here. Took a few listens to get used to hearing it instead of ________ Dale, but I love it! :sohappy:

se8472

Original Poster
DonnieDarko said:

I think what might be going on is that Space is going to get a new theme...and thus the music is being changed over. But thanks for the heads up about where the music has come from.

Also, it seems most of you liked the old loop...but most (if not all of the cast) hated it and have been asking for years that it be changed.

dxwwf3

se8472 said:
Also, it seems most of you liked the old loop...but most (if not all of the cast) hated it and have been asking for years that it be changed.

But isn't that normal for the cast to hate something they have to hear over and over every single day? :lol:

Actually I think that issue right there is the foundation for the biggest arguments on this forum right now. It seems like the more someone gets to visit WDW, the more receptive they are to change. As I said, it's easy to get tired of something you can see anytime you want to. And usually the people less receptive to change are the yearly/once every two years or longer folks who are much less likely to get tired of something they only get to see once very so often. Naturally there are many exceptions to this, but it's just something I've always thought rang true among WDW fans.

alanindy

Ok, I'm another one requesting the Star Tunnel music to be sent to me. Have been looking for it for a while now. Thanks for anyone's help.

se8472

Original Poster
dxwwf3 said:
But isn't that normal for the cast to hate something they have to hear over and over every single day? :lol:

this is true, but right now...I can only find one person who does not like it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom