New Muppet land at MGM theme

imagineersrock

Original Poster
A member by the name of wardrobeguy posted a link to the newly remade muppets website in another thread. With all the recent rumors and talk about a possible muppet themed land in the works for MGM sometime in the future, I think the main page of the new site is a great indication of what a muppet land would/should look like.

also, be sure to click on the "map" button on the bottom right-hand side of the page for another look.

The look of it would fit right into the Backlot/Streets of America theme... check it out for yourself:muppets.com

just thought i'd share. :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I for one would love to see it happen. Lee could you just lie to me and tell me that Disney is already clearing land for Muppet Studios as we speak? :lol:

jmuboy

Muppet Studios could easily be placed into a renovated area around the Muppet 3D theater. This entire area was meant to be a Muppet Studios type theme area anyway. Maybe it will happen one day. MGM needs SOMETHING to give it a boost.

stitch001

I totaly love the idea. theres just one small problem... Its too calm! the muppet area needs to be zanny and off the wall. I love the site though, and I hope that the do a whole area for the muppets, they deserve it.

LilDucky

I would like to see a Muppet area for a couple of reasons:

It would give the park a little boost; something new and different. If done correctly, you could do something that pleases both adults (well most adults!!) and kids. MGM imho, is a more adult oriented park since some of the best rides there are for adults. It would provide a more "kid friendly" area w/o having to compromise the entire park. I think it would be kinda cute!!

tirian

All right; possible upgrades for D-MGM now include...

>> A Muppet area, including the GMMR

>> An Indiana Jones EMV attraction

>> An updated Star Tours

>> A mystery dark ride for the sound stages (By "mystery," I mean that we don't know what it is; it's probably not going to be based on mystery films.)

Do you realize that if Disney accomplished this, the Studios would possibly be one of the most popular theme parks worldwide? Furthermore, since all of these rumors are based on actual plans or pre-existing attractions, there's a good chance that some of this will materialize.

Now if Disney could only find something worthwhile for the sorcerer's hat...

mkepcotmgmak

does anyone remember the old campaigne the muppets did, doing parodies of mainstream movies and brands?

I remember Kermit Klein underwear, Miss Piggy dressed like Uma Thurman with the black wig on, Plump Fiction (just saw that on teh website) and a lot of others. i had a monthly calendar with this stuff on it.

anyway, i'm totally visualizing a muppetwood, or Muppet Studios area, with these billboards posted everwhere, and a giant hill with MUPPETWOOD across it, and facades galore... HEY DISNEY, when WILL YOU START ON THIS?

bhg469

this is something that could be good for everyone. i sound old when i say this but kids dont have cool characters to look at these days. i can never get enough muppets they could even get a 5th gate out of this but since that will never happen give me a HUGE chunk of mgm.

awalkinthepark

The timing on an expanded Muppet area would be perfect right now.....you have 25-40 something moms and dads who grew up watching the Muppet Show and kids who recognize some of the characters from all of the commerials lately. I don't know if Disney has rights to the old muppet show..but they could start showing those episodes on the Disney channel to further pump up the recognition factor. My brother(30) lives to visit the Muppet character shop....he spends tons of $$$ money.

SIR90210

I would love to see the Muppets come to town, I just hope design phase can wait until 2006 when I'm comfortably in my position as DeFacto CEO of the Walt Disney Company... :lookaroun

BTW, two questions:
1) When exactly does Eisner leave?
2) Does anyone have a map of the Disney Studios site?

Dayma

It would be nice to have a Muppet Land. My only question is would that make MGM that more attractive? I think if you bring in a new indy ride like DL you would have more success.

PLTram

Problem is, the Muppets are sort of yesterday's papers, aren't they? Disney might as well do a Ninja Turtle land. Sad to say much of the genius of the Muppets died with Jim Henson.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
PLTram said:
Problem is, the Muppets are sort of yesterday's papers, aren't they? Disney might as well do a Ninja Turtle land. Sad to say much of the genius of the Muppets died with Jim Henson.
I would have to disagree. I would compare the Muppets to WB cartoons in the fact that both are timeless. The characters in both are as recognizable as Mickey Mouse. So to say they are old news is not entirely accurate and the comparison to TMNT is not really apples to apples. TMNT really only appeals to adolescent males where Muppets have a much broader market.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom