New Movie for Norway?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Of all of the things needed, shooting a new 5 MINUTE long film about Norway should be the easiest thing to do.

Of course, they would "prefer" to have a sponsor pay for it, but its getting ridiculous.

WDW1974

This sounds like what our old pal Merfie (can we have him back, Steve? we could duct tape his mouth if he misbehaves!) has been saying for a while. I believe his info is pretty solid, but don't know much for sure beyond there has been work done on plussing Maelstrom and TDO has allowed that artwork to be leaked.

~McDreamy is McObnoxious!~

Jim Handy

Yep. Merf has been following the whole thing through Norweigian press. The whole thing has been quite comical...seems as though Disney was determined not to improve the pavilion! I think at one point a group in Norway had a film and offered to have the current film in the pavilion replaced with it. For some silly reason Disney turned it down. I'll try to find the article.

We'd better hope there is someone willing to pay for this, because upgrades would be nice and Disney won't spend money in Epcot wothout a sponsor.

NoChesterHester

Yep. Merf has been following the whole thing through Norweigian press. The whole thing has been quite comical...seems as though Disney was determined not to improve the pavilion! I think at one point a group in Norway had a film and offered to have the current film in the pavilion replaced with it. For some silly reason Disney turned it down. I'll try to find the article.

We'd better hope there is someone willing to pay for this, because upgrades would be nice and Disney won't spend money in Epcot wothout a sponsor.

Who's Merf?

uklad79

Turn it into a Swedish pavilion sponsored by Ikea. Malstrom can be a ride through a Billy bookcase factory and the food places can sell meatballs and the shop can sell small Ikea goods but at Disney prices aka 4 times much. Ikea can create most of the new attractions as flat packs and send them over to Disney with instructions is Swahili. Ikea are great at updating room sets in the stores so they could update the pavilion with every new catalog.

RSoxNo1

Turn it into a Swedish pavilion sponsored by Ikea. Malstrom can be a ride through a Billy bookcase factory and the food places can sell meatballs and the shop can sell small Ikea goods but at Disney prices aka 4 times much. Ikea can create most of the new attractions as flat packs and send them over to Disney with instructions is Swahili. Ikea are great at updating room sets in the stores so they could update the pavilion with every new catalog.

I'm in, provided all narration is done by the Swedish Chef.

CBOMB

Who's Merf?

A poster who was banned from this site as well as numerous other Disney sites. He has a tendency to explode into an uncontrollable rage.

Steve was very patient with him, but there is just so much that a site owner can tolerate before you get banned. It's not wise to threaten other posters, and the owner.

He took great pictures, and was very informative. He was an asset to a forum until his anger issues came out.

WDW1974

A poster who was banned from this site as well as numerous other Disney sites. He has a tendency to explode into an uncontrollable rage.

Steve was very patient with him, but there is just so much that a site owner can tolerate before you get banned. It's not wise to threaten other posters, and the owner.

He took great pictures, and was very informative. He was an asset to a forum until his anger issues came out.

It 'tis a shame. I think he has some good info and I agree with a lot of his perspectives. I get that he's angry WDI didn't want him ... but, honestly, he should take that as a compliment.

~Because I'm YOUR friend ... ~

Tink ッ

That would be a perfect solution, but they're convinced there's no demand for a Norwegian restaurant. It's really sad, especially mixed with the datedness.

The princesses is a fairly "new" thing, they haven't always been there. The reason they were added were because the restaurant hardly had any guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom