Rumor New Monorails Coming Soon?

Kane88

I was just rambling on to my 17 year old sons about this yesterday.
I really wish they would stop with giving these "feels like" ratings precedent over the actual temperature and humidity.
I saw one headline yesterday on the news: "Heat Wave Hits Mid West - 154M At Risk!"

Reading that the takeaway is that we could lose up to 154M people over the next few days because of the heat. The reality is: It's gotten hot before. It'll get hot again. It's a slow news day when you have to make "Summer" the topic.
Definition of heat index according to the National Weather Service: “The Heat Index is a measure of how hot it really feels when relative humidity is factored in with the actual air temperature.” So when meteorologists talk about how it feels they are combining the two measures into one...At higher temps and humidities the body takes longer to cool, not to mention the fact that you can dehydrate faster. So the heat index helps people compare the conditions to temperatures in dry air to underline the dangers. The fact that some of the people posting are just dismissing it as people complaining are missing the point that heat waves can kill. I went through the 1995 heat wave in Chicago where about 740 people died because of the heat. It’s a serious issue.

Incomudro

Definition of heat index according to the National Weather Service: “The Heat Index is a measure of how hot it really feels when relative humidity is factored in with the actual air temperature.” So when meteorologists talk about how it feels they are combining the two measures into one...At higher temps and humidities the body takes longer to cool, not to mention the fact that you can dehydrate faster. So the heat index helps people compare the conditions to temperatures in dry air to underline the dangers. The fact that some of the people posting are just dismissing it as people complaining are missing the point that heat waves can kill. I went through the 1995 heat wave in Chicago where about 740 people died because of the heat. It’s a serious issue.

I understand what the heat index is, thank you.

Walt d

Well, Bob Gurr and Rohde were together at D23 this past weekend. I wonder if the conversation went something like this.
Joe: "So Bob, how about those new monorails?"
Bob: "So Joe, how about fixing that Yeti?"

It never ends dose it”

ABQ

Ah, well... you know what they say: "No Gnus is good news."
il_794xN.1545846005_azqv.jpg

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
There was a power outage in the area and due to Reedy Creek not being able to guarantee it would be up and running in a sufficient amount of time they had to go with an evacuation.

does anyone know why they couldn't use the tow vehicle back to the station to remove guests rather than evac? that's what seemed odd to me - maybe it was too many monorails to move / get out of the path etc.

SirWillow

does anyone know why they couldn't use the tow vehicle back to the station to remove guests rather than evac? that's what seemed odd to me - maybe it was too many monorails to move / get out of the path etc.

Are you sure the tow vehicle doesn't run off of the same power that the monorails do? Perhaps no power to the monorails means no power to the tow vehicle?

I honestly don't know on that one. Just surmising a guess.

trainplane3

I was thinking the same exact thing. Why wouldn't you tow it back?
Are you sure the tow vehicle doesn't run off of the same power that the monorails do? Perhaps no power to the monorails means no power to the tow vehicle?

I honestly don't know on that one. Just surmising a guess.
Like what @JoeCamel said, it's diesel and is meant to move monorails around in (mostly) any situation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom