New Monorail Window Decals

BrerFrog

Thank you to Jack Spence and the Allears.net team. All photo credit goes to them!

2010MNSSHP13.jpg

I also prefer the clean look, but that is a great sticker.

danv3

What's "Mickey's Halloween Party"? Not enough room to list the party's actual name?

(They had those same things on the windows of the MCO airport trains last fall).

Disney1971

I seriously don't understand this mentality with "we need new monorails". They're functional and parts can always be replaced. The design we have now is far better than that tacky thing out in California. Maybe the next step would be full automation but even then it's not necessary.
What's next? Should we retire all of the steam trains too because they're old?

As far as window decals. For a temporary thing, it's fine. But what is temporary when it comes to Disney? I really like looking out a window, not having some tacky sticker to look through besides, this is a big problem especially at night. Just let windows be windows, even on buses.

While your argument is mostly valid, the problem with the current monorails is the fact that almost train breaks down on a regular basis and this leads to significant down times and inconvenience for both guests and the cast members that have to take the abuse from the unhappy guests. It isn't merely that they "old", it is that repairing them on a daily basis is becoming less cost effective. They don't have a reliable monorail in the fleet. Not even Coral (Tron) or the Pink/Purple hybrid Teal. If they didn't always break down I would agree with you 100%. PS: DL's Monorails are crap, window decals are tacky and steam trains all work.

niteobsrvr

While your argument is mostly valid, the problem with the current monorails is the fact that almost train breaks down on a regular basis and this leads to significant down times and inconvenience for both guests and the cast members that have to take the abuse from the unhappy guests. It isn't merely that they "old", it is that repairing them on a daily basis is becoming less cost effective. They don't have a reliable monorail in the fleet. Not even Coral (Tron) or the Pink/Purple hybrid Teal. If they didn't always break down I would agree with you 100%. PS: DL's Monorails are crap, window decals are tacky and steam trains all work.

I concur. The system is experiencing frequent, if not daily, downtimes. If they cannot be reliable then they should be replaced. Possibly everything should be replaced as the beams and pylons are also 40 years old on the Magic Kingdom loops. Every structure, like bridges or pipleines, that see heavy use has a life-span. The monorail system at disney is no exception. There is no magic to combat the forces of daily use year in and year out.

montyz81

I seriously don't understand this mentality with "we need new monorails". They're functional and parts can always be replaced. The design we have now is far better than that tacky thing out in California. Maybe the next step would be full automation but even then it's not necessary.
What's next? Should we retire all of the steam trains too because they're old?

As far as window decals. For a temporary thing, it's fine. But what is temporary when it comes to Disney? I really like looking out a window, not having some tacky sticker to look through besides, this is a big problem especially at night. Just let windows be windows, even on buses.

The trains are shipped off site to a rail company that completely rebuilds them on a regular basis due to their age. The Monorails have never seen that kind of attention. The Monorails still look modern, but they do not look futuristic like they did in 1971. At some point they will look historic which will or does require attention like the Trains!

jhastings74

What's "Mickey's Halloween Party"? Not enough room to list the party's actual name?

(They had those same things on the windows of the MCO airport trains last fall).

There is a Donald one as well:

(NOT my image...all credit goes to PrincessSharon at passporterboards.com)

2monorail.jpg

Goofnut1980

Well... At least these are not like the Celebrate Today balloons that covered every window on all of the monorails... those were just too much!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom