New MK welcome show debuts Jan. 9th

NearTheEars

It's nice to read that I'm not the only one who doesn't watch videos before arriving.lol

I'm curious, but staying strong ;)

It was SOOOOO hard not to watch the Muppets in Liberty Square videos.
Though really, I don't have to wait nearly as long to see things in person if I want to. So don't feel bad for me haha.

Goofnut1980

I love this! It was a cute little show, which honestly, I feel is better than the day-time stage show. Should help spread out the folks better in the park and allow some great morning pictures on MSUSA.

brea

I am by no means a Disney hater however here's my opinion of the new show

I see no reason to wake up my family to see it because we can see almost the exact same show at other times during the day now. From a child's perspective this show can be seen at any of the stage shows throughout the day now and no family of the day makes it less attractive.

The old show had a different feel about it that you could not get anywhere else in the parks and that's gone, at the moment. So unless we're looking to take advantage of the early morning lesser crowds I don't see a reason to be at the park for this. I get that the railroad is going through some changes and respect what that means.

WDWYankee15

Regarding the now "old" show, they also had a version of the opening show they would do when the train could not run. Generally the train was not operated during certain weather conditions. It is too bad they didn't just move that version to the castle stage. Maybe remove the Casey Jr song and add a there different song. Change the dialog portions up to remove references to the train. They could still be awaiting Mickey to arrive to open the park.
Here is a video of the "old" welcome show without the train. This was from when the train was previously in refurb. Should have taken this version and just moved it to the castle stage.

epcotWSC

Personally, I'm not much of a shopper, so I'd rather get it out of the way before the parks open if possible. I have no issue with this.

Yelloweaver

Has anyone been to the MK since this premiered yesterday? Wondering about a 7:55 breakfast reservation and if we still go all the way to the left to check in for it.

Jo DeVil

What is your question about emh?
Yes will it have any effect on Morning Extra Magic Hours? As resort guest we enter at 8 am and head to what ever is open, I am guessing they will have cast members at the entrance to Tomorrow Land etc checking Magic bands to make sure you can go through? I hasn't been mentioned how it will work?

JohnD

Well that was a let down.

They should have kept the "Good Morning" song.

Don't care for the guy reading the scroll. "Hear ye, hear ye" - how overdone is that?

When is a guy reading a scroll ever exciting?

Couldn't they replace him the Mayor?

JohnD

Does anyone know if the Trolley Singers will still perform on Main Street USA? I understand why they had to move the welcome show and not complaining about that. My family will still show up early to MK because we are early risers anyway, but it won't be for early magic shopping. Maybe we will finally be able to read all the names on the windows without rushing past. Won't bother watching the stage show though. We will probably choose a land to go to first and just wait near the ropes.

The Trolley Show will continue. Don't see how this would affect that.

Kman101

Until the accountants take a look and decide it's not worth paying those dancers for only doing part of what they used to do.

Sad to say but one of the few things left they haven't cut. I dread the day. They've already chipped away at the citizens of Hollywood.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom