New Menu at Flo’s

TROR

Best food offerings in the parks

DCA
Taste Pilot's Grill (I just realized this is a pun)

Disneyland
Golden Horseshoe

Professortango1

DCA
Pacific Wharf with their sourdough bowls and sandwiches.
The chicken and sundried tomato at Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta is fantastic
Cocina Cucumonga is reasonably good
Wine Country Trattoria
Carthay
The family likes Fortune Cookie/Chinese place

Disneyland
Jolly Holiday
Cafe Orleans
French Market
Rancho del Zocalo
Carnation Cafe

All of these places offer non-standard fare, not your typical burger and pizza place. The food offerings here are dramatically better than they were 10-20 years ago and for the most part, much better than anything at WDW's magic kingdom park. Seems like the DL resort has gotten a lot of praise over the past few years for really ramping up their offerings and quality.

As for Flo's, the exact reason you say it's challenged is the exact reason we love it. Great location especially on the patio looking at racers.

But at the end of the day, different people have different tastes. I've found quite a bit of food that I really enjoy in both parks but you may not like the same stuff.

Pacific Wharf with their sourdough bowls and sandwiches - Not bad, but soup isn't quality. Like Campbells.
Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta - Haven't eaten here yet.
Cocina Cucumonga - This place makes Taco Bell seem like a restaurant.
Wine Country Trattoria - Decent food, small portions and not much flavor. Like a watered down Olive Garden without their soups or breadsticks.
Carthay - This place is good, but the only place in the park means it is always booked.
Fortune Cookie/Chinese place - Its okay for knock off Panda Express.

Disneyland
Jolly Holiday - Garbage. I have never liked anything I've had there. Also weird how a BAKERY can't serve warm baked goods.
Cafe Orleans - This isn't good food. Better than Pizza Port, but that's not saying much.
French Market - See above.
Rancho del Zocalo - Same food quality and style as Cocina Cucumonga. It tastes like microwave dinners.
Carnation Cafe - I haven't eaten here in awhile, but I always remember it being very basic bland theme park food.

I loved Flo's location and options, but Disney can't seem to make a decent burger to save their lives. I just wish we had half of the dining options Disney World has. They have plenty of theme park food that doesn't offend kids or adults who haven't ventured beyond Applebee's, but they also have a few restaurants per park that serve quality food that is not the usual fare. For the Disneyland Resort, our shining jewel has always been Blue Bayou, and most can agree the food is mediocre at best. I haven't done Napa Rose yet, as I usually enjoy eating inside the park, but man I wish we could get some grown up restaurants at the parks.

Pacific Wharf with their sourdough bowls and sandwiches - Not bad, but soup isn't quality. Like Campbells.
Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta - Haven't eaten here yet.
Cocina Cucumonga - This place makes Taco Bell seem like a restaurant.
Wine Country Trattoria - Decent food, small portions and not much flavor. Like a watered down Olive Garden without their soups or breadsticks.
Carthay - This place is good, but the only place in the park means it is always booked.
Fortune Cookie/Chinese place - Its okay for knock off Panda Express.

Disneyland
Jolly Holiday - Garbage. I have never liked anything I've had there. Also weird how a BAKERY can't serve warm baked goods.
Cafe Orleans - This isn't good food. Better than Pizza Port, but that's not saying much.
French Market - See above.
Rancho del Zocalo - Same food quality and style as Cocina Cucumonga. It tastes like microwave dinners.
Carnation Cafe - I haven't eaten here in awhile, but I always remember it being very basic bland theme park food.

I loved Flo's location and options, but Disney can't seem to make a decent burger to save their lives. I just wish we had half of the dining options Disney World has. They have plenty of theme park food that doesn't offend kids or adults who haven't ventured beyond Applebee's, but they also have a few restaurants per park that serve quality food that is not the usual fare. For the Disneyland Resort, our shining jewel has always been Blue Bayou, and most can agree the food is mediocre at best. I haven't done Napa Rose yet, as I usually enjoy eating inside the park, but man I wish we could get some grown up restaurants at the parks.

While I agree that many of the options are lackluster, in some ways they are intended to be plain i.e. bland and allow the masses to season their food to appeal to their taste, but I do agree that they could dp much better at most of their restaurants.

Give Rancho del Zocalo some credit, its food DOES NOT taste like microwave dinners. Have I had better Mexican food? Sure! but I've also had much worse...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom