New Menu at Flo’s

mickEblu

Flo's has always been excellent (good food and non-stop Motown hits with a view of RSR--how can you lose?). It can be packed at peak dining hours, but the service is very, very fast-- And there's a ton of seating; It's bigger than it looks from the outside, since it also uses Doc's medical building as a dining wing.

I don’t doubt that it can be busy but when I see it, it’s usually at least half empty if not more. Compared to other packed restaurants in the parks it doesn’t seem to be pulling its weight, especially considering it’s size. It should really be a table service restaurant. ESP since Cars Land never got its own version of the Sci Fi Dine in.

Daannzzz

We ate at Flo’s today with the new menu. I had the Turkey club and liked it a lot. The turkey tasted like turkey and not just that “lunchmeat” flavor. Good bacon and the avocado bacon mayo was good. The fries were good and were like small steak fries. Husband had the chicken. He said the chicken was good. The potatoes were barely okay and too salty. Veggies were fine. I would go back to eat what I had and try a couple other items

Stevek

Looks good to me. The original, more eclectic menu didn't last and I'm sure that more changes were made based on popularity of items. Only a couple items appealed to me from the old menu, the new menu looks reasonably good though I have several other places in DCA I'd choose to eat first.

Phroobar

fillmore_by_pookyns_5.png

Professortango1

Wow, we were so impressed with Flo's when it opened. Real food and not something generic nor bland. Loved the mud pies. Now...it's the same junk they sell in every other counter service. Come on Disneyland Resort, can't we have some good dining options?

D.Silentu

Wow, we were so impressed with Flo's when it opened. Real food and not something generic nor bland. Loved the mud pies. Now...it's the same junk they sell in every other counter service. Come on Disneyland Resort, can't we have some good dining options?

Disney food services will now shift their focus to creating a quality menu for Galaxy's Edge. The quality items will remain there....until the next expansion.

dweezil78

The first menu w/ the pork loin w/ Coca-Cola sauce, while mildly interesting, was kind of gross. The second iteration (below) was pretty decent though!
watermark.php

Stevek

What? There are lots of good dining options in both parks. I would say they have stepped up their game significantly from the days of burgers, pizza and mcdonald's french fries.

Didn't Flo's change their menu many years ago from the opening day version? This is the second change I believe. At the end of the day, if people were buying it, it would likely still be on the menu.

Professortango1

What? There are lots of good dining options in both parks. I would say they have stepped up their game significantly from the days of burgers, pizza and mcdonald's french fries.

Didn't Flo's change their menu many years ago from the opening day version? This is the second change I believe. At the end of the day, if people were buying it, it would likely still be on the menu.

Where are these good dining options? 90% of the food is bland cafeteria food and a few restaurants have food that qualifies as okay, but there's rarely anything tasty or great at the parks as far as meals go. Flo's had some decent dishes which were praised when Carsland opened. Now, they are getting the same junky burgers sold many other places at the resort.

And there's tons of reasons why they would change out a food option. Cost of the dish, time/prep of the dish, change in supplier, cutting costs by offering fewer dishes at a wider range of restaurants. Disney has changed many a successful attraction to try and capitalize on something easily and quickly, so we know that Disney is capable of disconcerting something that people like in order to try and gamble for more financial gain.

I also think the reason you rarely see Flo's packed is location. It's tucked in a corner of the park that people usually only walk to when heading to or from RSR. Right around the corner in one direction is DCA's food court and at the other entrance to the land is the winery dining options. Both of these alternative food choices are directly on the main path. Flo's needs something unique to draw people to it. Sci-Fi diner, table service, something. People aren't going to travel to Flo's for food unless there's a reason.

Stevek

Where are these good dining options? 90% of the food is bland cafeteria food and a few restaurants have food that qualifies as okay, but there's rarely anything tasty or great at the parks as far as meals go. Flo's had some decent dishes which were praised when Carsland opened. Now, they are getting the same junky burgers sold many other places at the resort.

And there's tons of reasons why they would change out a food option. Cost of the dish, time/prep of the dish, change in supplier, cutting costs by offering fewer dishes at a wider range of restaurants. Disney has changed many a successful attraction to try and capitalize on something easily and quickly, so we know that Disney is capable of disconcerting something that people like in order to try and gamble for more financial gain.

I also think the reason you rarely see Flo's packed is location. It's tucked in a corner of the park that people usually only walk to when heading to or from RSR. Right around the corner in one direction is DCA's food court and at the other entrance to the land is the winery dining options. Both of these alternative food choices are directly on the main path. Flo's needs something unique to draw people to it. Sci-Fi diner, table service, something. People aren't going to travel to Flo's for food unless there's a reason.

DCA
Pacific Wharf with their sourdough bowls and sandwiches.
The chicken and sundried tomato at Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta is fantastic
Cocina Cucumonga is reasonably good
Wine Country Trattoria
Carthay
The family likes Fortune Cookie/Chinese place

Disneyland
Jolly Holiday
Cafe Orleans
French Market
Rancho del Zocalo
Carnation Cafe

All of these places offer non-standard fare, not your typical burger and pizza place. The food offerings here are dramatically better than they were 10-20 years ago and for the most part, much better than anything at WDW's magic kingdom park. Seems like the DL resort has gotten a lot of praise over the past few years for really ramping up their offerings and quality.

As for Flo's, the exact reason you say it's challenged is the exact reason we love it. Great location especially on the patio looking at racers.

But at the end of the day, different people have different tastes. I've found quite a bit of food that I really enjoy in both parks but you may not like the same stuff.

mickEblu

When I’m at the parks I want theme park food. So if they can do a decent burger somewhere that would be great. I don’t go to the parks expecting fine dining although Disney’s attempt is admirable and everything is decent enough. I don’t think I’ve ever eaten anything that i thought was nasty or inedible. Another place for fried chicken is also a plus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom