New menu at Cinderella's Royal Table? Not happy!

minniemickeyfan

We ate dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table on Aug. 16th. It has always been a favorite of ours - especially the prime rib. We haven't been there since 2002, but I checked the menu on several websites, and saw the prime rib was still there. However, when we were there last week, they had a different menu - no prime rib. My daughter had roast beef that was luke warm. I had lamb chops - 3 small ones that were very fatty (about 2 small bites of meat on each. We also sat at a table in the center of the room and kept getting dripped on - probably condensation from the air conditioner since it was VERY hot outside. Our waiter was not very friendly. All in all we were very disappointed. Certainly not worth 2 of our dining points!! Wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience or if we just caught them on an off day.
Last June of 2009 we ate there and we also sat in the middle of the room and water kept dripping on us!
I asked about it nicely to our waitress and she said it always does that and there's a leak somewhere.

3CaballeroLady

I hadn't visited Cinderella's Royal Table in a while, but your experience has me really baffled. The employees that work for WDW have incredibly strict guidelines to abide and if any rules are broken, it can mean termination. I certainly hope Disney's policies haven't changed TOO much. I was always told that employees were required to smile, be polite and provide the most high quality service possible. The hygiene policies are ESPECIALLY strict.

All I have to say is that I'm sorry about your experience and I hope the people that dealt with you are warned. :(

whitney37354

Surprisingly to me, we had the same waiter both times although it was ovr 4 years between seatings. He was very memorable after our first time and recognized him immediately our second time. He was great. He must be pretty popular at WDW with others as well since I saw him highlighted in the trip planning video I received last week.

We ate breakfast there in June and this CM was there, but not at our table. I recognized him from the video too. We did CRT once, but probably not again. It's really not worth the money, but it was neat to do once.

It's odd how the OP was so excited for the Prime Rib - simply because we went to CRT ONCE, and never went back, and it was mostly thanks to a nasty prime rib (I still remember it just...sitting there, looking questionable and fatty, on a plate...ew...) and a bad menu. No good memories there, even though we were eating WITH Cinderella... :(

vak9girl

CRT dessert changed too

They also got rid of my all time favorite dessert! The chocolate buckle is no longer on the menu. Has anyone been there lately? Is it really gone?

Ajax Redux

We've had breakfast & dinner at CRT. I was not impressed with either. A lot of money for very mediocre food. Unless the place is on your WDW bucket list or you need to indulge your 'princess', avoid it.

HPU_Princess

CRT and MK Food

I have only been to CRT once and that was when the castle was a decorated as a cake and it wasn't a character experience... wow I feel old now! I feel as though you are, as others have said, paying for the one-on-one character meeting, not the food. Hopefully Disney will fix it and make it better?

In regards to sit down resturants at MK, the Liberty Tree Tavern is a sit down and it is wonderful! My mother and I went there and loved it! We went earlier in the day, so it was completely packed and busy yet, very quiet and calming time in the middle of hectic park visit. Not to mention the food is really good!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I have only been to CRT once and that was when the castle was a decorated as a cake and it wasn't a character experience... wow I feel old now! I feel as though you are, as others have said, paying for the one-on-one character meeting, not the food. Hopefully Disney will fix it and make it better?

In regards to sit down resturants at MK, the Liberty Tree Tavern is a sit down and it is wonderful! My mother and I went there and loved it! We went earlier in the day, so it was completely packed and busy yet, very quiet and calming time in the middle of hectic park visit. Not to mention the food is really good!

No..you are paying for the Disney Dining Plan...not the food.

It's all about PERCEIVED value - not the real value.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom