New "Memories" Show

Coach81

Original Poster
We just got back.. we were totally BLOWN AWAY with the new "memories" show that is projected on the castle right before wishes.. amazing technology.. how the heck did they do that???

radiohost

Yes I saw it two weeks ago....

Someone with more time may go into better detail than me (its bedtime!) but I do know that they obviously tun off all lighting on the castle...

They project an animated image of the castle ON the castle!!! Let that sink in for a minute...In other words, everything you see that is the castle is in fact computer animated, allowing the effects to seem more real.

This technology is so unique, the folks who created the animation went down to every crack and crannie to painted color stone to create the illusion...Watch a youtube video to see for yourself...

ChristianG

HUGE projectors surround the castle - 2 are located on Main Street facing the castle, and there are others on the right and left (Liberty Square & Tomorrowland). The projections are fitted onto the castle to make the memories and magic come to life!
It's very creative - typical Disney ;)

Rob562

HUGE projectors surround the castle - 2 are located on Main Street facing the castle, and there are others on the right and left (Liberty Square & Tomorrowland). The projections are fitted onto the castle to make the memories and magic come to life!
It's very creative - typical Disney ;)

If I'm not mistaken, there are actually 4 projectors at each location, for a total of 16 projectors shining on the Castle.

Did anyone see the video of the Ralph Lauren event in NYC?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3n8j2uWA8o
A great example of what projecting an image of the building *onto* the building can get you.

-Rob

Rob562

And the most amazing thing is that whole Ralph Lauren thing was for a one time event! :eek:

(There's also a video of the similar event they did in London, but there seems to be a lot more ambient light on the building, killing some of the effect)

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom