New memorial/memory site?

afavro24

Original Poster
Hello everyone, My wife and I were looking at buying space on the Leave a Legacy wall or the walkway in front of MK for our son who just passed away, but as you know, they are full or the programs have closed. When my dad called our DVC rep, he told him that they were going to be opening a new area for the same idea. A place where people can buy a space and put a message or picture or something. Has anyone heard about this or have any news? Thanks for the help!

NYwdwfan

I too know nothing - but wanted to express sympathy for your loss. If I can find out any information I will absolutely pass it along.

ellie-badge

I too would like to give you and your family my condolences. If I hear about anything regarding the rumor you mentioned, I'll be sure to pass it along.

Kamikaze

With the failure that LaL was at the original prices, I can't see Disney doing another one of these anytime soon.
Unless its to finish the walkway around the lagoon. That would be popular and would make sense.

Captain Chaos

The only time I think they have done this in recent years is when they added the names of the first people to buy into BLT around the pool or somewhere like that... Maybe they are doing the same for Grand Floridian and that is what the rep meant???

And sorry for your loss... :(

afavro24

Original Poster
Thanks everyone, he was only 6 weeks old and we really wanted to bring him to WDW because of its meaning to us and our family, and thought doing something to memorialize him would be nice. I think the person he ended up speaking with was someone from public relations. We were told that there was a waiting list for all the other ones, but to "keep our eyes open and keep checking the blog for news". She said she couldn't say anything and she wasn't sure if it would be released in a week or a couple months.

And thank you again for the help and kind words!

bubbles1812

I don't have any information to offer but I too just really wanted to express my condolences to you and your family. God bless.

Jim Handy

I can't say I have heard anything, and the previous programs were not overwhelmingly successful. I'm sorry to hear about your son, and my best wishes go to you and your family.

asianway

The only time I think they have done this in recent years is when they added the names of the first people to buy into BLT around the pool or somewhere like that... Maybe they are doing the same for Grand Floridian and that is what the rep meant???

And sorry for your loss... :(

They also did this for the AKL DVC first buyers. Theres a tapestry in Kidani's lounge. The BLT has tiles around the fountain outside the back door. I am thinking the GF will do this as well.

NewfieFan

Thanks everyone, he was only 6 weeks old and we really wanted to bring him to WDW because of its meaning to us and our family, and thought doing something to memorialize him would be nice. I think the person he ended up speaking with was someone from public relations. We were told that there was a waiting list for all the other ones, but to "keep our eyes open and keep checking the blog for news". She said she couldn't say anything and she wasn't sure if it would be released in a week or a couple months.

And thank you again for the help and kind words!
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost two pregnancies and can only imagine the heart break!
I saw a nice idea posted on a pregnancy loss forum... the couple used a teddy bear or some sort of plush toy that represented their little one. They would take the plush with them to various places that were meaningful to them (or places they wanted to take the child) and pose with it for pictures. It was their way of remembering while doing things and going places they would have with child. Maybe you could take something that represents your baby to your World and take some pictures. Just an idea, everyone handles this differently and no one way is right for everyone. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss. I pray for strength and peace for you.

koryadams

I really really really wish this would happen! I wish I could have a brick in front of MK or my picture in Epcot! I hope there will be a new memorial!

afavro24

Original Poster
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost two pregnancies and can only imagine the heart break!
I saw a nice idea posted on a pregnancy loss forum... the couple used a teddy bear or some sort of plush toy that represented their little one. They would take the plush with them to various places that were meaningful to them (or places they wanted to take the child) and pose with it for pictures. It was their way of remembering while doing things and going places they would have with child. Maybe you could take something that represents your baby to your World and take some pictures. Just an idea, everyone handles this differently and no one way is right for everyone. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss. I pray for strength and peace for you.

Love the idea!!

I really really really wish this would happen! I wish I could have a brick in front of MK or my picture in Epcot! I hope there will be a new memorial!

I think I am just going to bring my own brick next time... I doubt anyone would ever notice me changing out the bricks ;)

Thanks again everyone for your kind words. We told him the story of Walt Disney so he was well versed and is in a better place now. I will post something if I hear of anything!!

Taylor

Love the idea!!

I think I am just going to bring my own brick next time... I doubt anyone would ever notice me changing out the bricks ;)

Thanks again everyone for your kind words. We told him the story of Walt Disney so he was well versed and is in a better place now. I will post something if I hear of anything!!
There is a losse brick at the mk one I somehow always trip over it wouldn't be that hard for you to swich the brick out. I'm very sorry for your loss

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom