New Memeber!

MaxsDad

Original Poster
After months of study and waiting, we have taken the plunge! AKV owners at last. Can't wait 'til Kidani Village is finished, it appears that it will be quite cool. In the mean time, we'll just have to manage with the rest of the DVC resorts I guess.;)

We already have a reservation at OKW. Having never stayed there, I like the extra room size, and lower point chart. I am hoping to get into AKL instead when it opens up for booking, but, tell me, what are your thoughts on OKW and the other DVC resorts (2 BR, BTW)?

artvandelay

After months of study and waiting, we have taken the plunge! AKV owners at last. Can't wait 'til Kidani Village is finished, it appears that it will be quite cool. In the mean time, we'll just have to manage with the rest of the DVC resorts I guess.;)

We already have a reservation at OKW. Having never stayed there, I like the extra room size, and lower point chart. I am hoping to get into AKL instead when it opens up for booking, but, tell me, what are your thoughts on OKW and the other DVC resorts (2 BR, BTW)?

Congrats on buying DVC.

OKW has larger rooms compared to the other DVC resorts. A 2br at OKW is around 1400 square feet, while the others are around 1000 square feet.

BCV and BWV are great places to stay because of the ease of getting to Epcot and MGM. Also, they have great theming.

ImaYoyo

I Love OKW. My favorite DVC Resort (as a local) for many reasons, but mostly the views. I have always had a fantastic fairway view over looking a pond and/or fountain.

jim1051

Welcome home. Our home resort is Hilton Head. We like the Epcot resorts for transportation ease , but OKW is very nice. It is spread out as is Saratoga, so without a car, transportation adds time to everything.

We're headed on Alaskan cruise this year, Mickey will have to wait til next year.

disbest

We own at SSR but recently stayed at Old Key West and loved it. They have an excellent pool with a sand castle slide and a good resteraunt (Oliva's). We enjoed the island theme and there is always someting going on at the resort. I like the ability to rent boats without having to go to another resort.

But our favorite is BC with BWV a close second. The pools are excellent and they have the best location, within walking distance to Epcot and MGM. There is plenty of entertainment for everyone on the Boardwalk at night and you can always catch the fireworks at Epcot.

Welcome Home and hope you have many years of enjoyment.

MDL8981

My family was DVC members from 1991-01....we just bought back in at AK when we were down there last week.

OKW was always our favorite DVC resort. The rooms are bigger and they cost less points. We never really liked Boardwalk, we stayed there once and just werent enamored with the room layouts and space. We'll stick with OKW when we go back in 2008....although we will try Kidani Village when it opens in 09, and then eventually the tower at Contemporary.

iitmfl2

WELCOME HOME!

We bought our DVC membership back in 2001, but had to sell it because of Katrina (lost almost everything).:cry: You are going to love it!

We bought into SS, but took the entire family to OKW for one trip-3bdrm. & 2 bdrm. Loved the theming and great staff there. We even got to know the cleaning people! :lol: Had lunch when we all first got there at Olivia's. We must have opened the place. GREAT staff-even better food. They brought us the wrong order (a huge hors d'ouvers tray) but we didn't know. The waiter said oh well, and didn't charge us OR the other table. We started talking to them found out they were from the New Orleans area as well.

Loved the pools. Find a private one if you're just looking to chill. You'll end up with your own hottub...

The best thing was doing meals in room with the entire family on the patios and watching people tee off the 7th tee (perk-found lots of balls-people too embarrassed to look :lookaroun )

The coolest thing about DVC is you can go to any resort, or even combine within a trip (half at one, other half at another). We only had the DVC for a short time, but we LOVED it and really miss it...back to AllStar Music-yikes!:eek:

Suggestion-every trip, take time to go see others DVC resorts you're not familiar with and think about staying there next time. Well worth a few hours just checking out what's at other places.

The reason we bought into DVC-it forced us to take a vacation (work-a-holics with no time). Someday, somehow, maybe again...

KimnAbby

We have a time share with Old Key West and I love it! My stepdad is a little uncomfortable at really fancy places and Old Key West lets him be laid back and comfortable. Plus it feels like home. It's more like an apartment then a hotel. Olivia's has great food, the pool is really awesome and the entire atmosphere is great! Sometimes, we just take an hour or two to chill out on the balcony in the sun! I think you'll really enjoy your stay there!

MaxsDad

Original Poster
Thanks

Thanks, everyone, for the "welcome". Looks like we will be going "Home", as we were able to re-book our August trip to our Home Resort AKV!! Savanah View to boot! :sohappy: I'm pretty excited.

iitmfl2,
I really don't know what to say, but: Hang in there. It probaly took you more than two years to get where you were in life before it was wiped away, it will likely time some time to get back there again.
Yes, I'd like to check out each DVC resort too. As you said, someday..

Are you going to be able to book a DVC room in August? I'm curious because we booked a regular room at AKL and it's costing us a ton of points. If they have DVC rooms available at the beginning of August, I may have to contact member services to do something about the points I'm spending.

MaxsDad

Original Poster
Irene,

Are you going to be able to book a DVC room in August? I'm curious because we booked a regular room at AKL and it's costing us a ton of points. If they have DVC rooms available at the beginning of August, I may have to contact member services to do something about the points I'm spending.

In short, yes.

AKV "Home Resort" owners can book now, members with other Home resorts can book on June 6, 2007 (for stays after July 2, 2007).

Thanks for the info about booking.

I contacted member services this afternoon. As you said, non-AKV owners have to wait until June 6 to book rooms. Concierge rooms will not be available for DVC until May of 2008 and that's what we have booked now in a savanna view deluxe room.

I'm going to see what is available in June, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I still have my regular room booked and, either way, still intend to stay at AKL.
It's only the first 3 days of my vacation so I'm not going to get nuts over the points.

scorp111

We closed on May 23rd, and today we have our actual membership cards:)

Sometimes it is the little things in life that are so great.

scorp111

Thanks for the info about booking.

I contacted member services this afternoon. As you said, non-AKV owners have to wait until June 6 to book rooms. Concierge rooms will not be available for DVC until May of 2008 and that's what we have booked now in a savanna view deluxe room.

I'm going to see what is available in June, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I still have my regular room booked and, either way, still intend to stay at AKL.
It's only the first 3 days of my vacation so I'm not going to get nuts over the points.

Concierge and Value level rooms will now be available from December 1st. AKLV owners have an exclusive window for booking between June 13-26th. On June 27th, other DVC members can book as long it is in their window.

My source for this info is Zazu.....

:ROFLOL:

I recieved a letter from DVC stating the above.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom