New Marvel World Theme Park in Dubai???

TREVON 2.0

Original Poster
I don't necessarily know if this is real [If it isn't, then SOMEONE has a lot of time on their hands to make such nice concept art...], or if it has been covered, so if it HAS been covered, I apologize now. Also, I don't really care for the Superhero stuff too much, so I don't know much about it. If I was incorrect about any Marvel stuff, I apologize in advance. Now on to the good stuff:

What appears to be the entrance.
marvel11.jpg

A "Birdseye" View.
marvel9.jpg

Concept Map?
marvelmap.jpg

The next artwork, and of course, my guess is as good as anyone's, but it may be what I think is the "City of Super-Heroes" land [Notice the billboard on the Center-Left. That was my reaction.]
marvel1.jpg

This is probably the arrival into "City of Super-Heroes" land.
marvel7.jpg

Whatever part of the park this might be is beyond me...
marvel14.jpg

A 4D attraction, featuring, as we can see so far, most of the Marvel Superheros [Who knows, it might have all of them...]
marvel2.jpg

The next artwork might be a show... I'm not sure who the character in the center is...
marvel4.jpg

The next artwork is probably the one called "Flying with Spidey"... maybe a free fall like the Tower of Terror?
marvel5.jpg

In this artwork, notice the ride vehicle... remind you of any certain Time Rover?
marvel6.jpg

TREVON 2.0

Original Poster
I'm guessing this is the "Oasis of Magic" land...
marvel12.jpg

This is even further past my deductions than the 6th image...
marvel10.jpg

This artwork is incontestably for the "Nick Neighborhood" land.
marvel13.jpg

An obvious Stark Laboratories. [Notice the "Rocket Jets"-like attraction above it all.
marvel8.jpg

This looks to be a Roller coaster... does it actually go all the way under water?
marvel3.jpg

Perhaps the roller coaster above will be similar to this [Underwater part only...]
amazing-roller-coaster-picture.jpg

And this looks like the actual coaster.
Kingda%20Ka.JPG

That's all for now! Tell me what you think! Also, please excuse any incorrect grammar, as I am only 15.

muse1983

This concept art is actually really old and was legit art for a real park that was planned and as far as I know scrapped.:(

TREVON 2.0

Original Poster
This concept art is actually really old and was legit art for a real park that was planned and as far as I know scrapped.:(

I'm not 100% sure about that... it is apparently from 2009. [Just 2 years ago]

Another thought that popped up is the fact that Disney is so into Globalization, and the fact that they haven't really done much marvel stuff yet. Disney WOULD probably want to do something like this... that IS just my opinion though...

Unplugged

If you look at the 3rd image showing the overview of the lands, it states "Nick neighborhood" in the lower right hand corner. It would make sense that, as this was prior to Disney's Marvel acquisition, these plans are from Universal.

Not saying a similar approach for Disney with their new found jewel wouldn't be cool and do able on their part. Just saying that I don't believe this is part of their effort in anyway as any work on such concept or just the art would have shown their poker hand prior to the acquisition.

I may be wrong. Been wrong before, will be wrong again. :lol:

Crazy Harry

I don't necessarily know if this is real [If it isn't, then SOMEONE has a lot of time on their hands to make such nice concept art...], or if it has been covered, so if it HAS been covered, I apologize now. Also, I don't really care for the Superhero stuff too much, so I don't know much about it. If I was incorrect about any Marvel stuff, I apologize in advance. Now on to the good stuff:

Why are you pulling up all of this old art all of a sudden? A little research would answer your questions and not nessessitate a thread. Disney has annouced a Marvel park for Paris, but this art as has been mentioned is before disney's involvement, so any Marvel park anywhere will likely look different.

TREVON 2.0

Original Poster
Random thought... Marvel could make an awesome expansion to DHS, as it is so small with so few rides right now...

H2Opolo15

Can't happen due to binding legal agreements.

What exactly is the binding legal agreement?

And as for the last post, I know this coaster already exists and is currently the tallest in the world if I am not mistaken but I'm not sure if it is in Dubai. Correct me if I'm wrong. Other than that, this stuff is very cool!

zooey

And as for the last post, I know this coaster already exists and is currently the tallest in the world if I am not mistaken but I'm not sure if it is in Dubai. Correct me if I'm wrong. Other than that, this stuff is very cool!

Disney can't build Marvel themed attractions east of the Mississippi.

Biff215

That's Kingda Ka (the last picture) at Six Flags Great Adventure here in NJ. Definitely nothing to do with Marvel or Dubai.

I agree with the others that this was probably before Disney acquired Marvel. A Nickelodeon section probably wouldn't be included by Disney.

RSoxNo1

These are the concepts for the Marvel park that was proposed for Dubailand - it's not happening, and the park was designed before Disney's acquisition of Marvel.

This was not done by Imagineers - I wouldn't count on this happening.

MarkTwain

These are the concepts for the Marvel park that was proposed for Dubailand - it's not happening, and the park was designed before Disney's acquisition of Marvel.

This was not done by Imagineers - I wouldn't count on this happening.

Yep. All of Dubailand is financially jeopardized at this pint. And since the concept art wasn't created by Disney, none of it will ever likely be used at any Disney theme park.

TP2000

Like most of the sections of "Dubailand", I think it was put on hold due to the recession.

"Put on hold" is putting it very, very nicely. :lol:

Dubailand is the biggest bubble-economy waste of sand in the world. Dubailand will never produce anything beyond the few failing and small projects that got built before 2009. The Dubai real estate market is still crashing, their economy is in the deep-freeze, and who the heck would go to a theme park in 120 degree weather?

Dubailand is the Edsel of the entertainment industry; the wrong product at the wrong time in the wrong market.

About the only thing that exists for Dubailand is wishful artwork that is three to five years old. And that's about all you'll ever get out of Dubailand.... aging artwork.

Ignohippo

It's a shame, too because they were really going to be pushing the envelope on a lot of things. Dubailand was another pet project by the sultan and would have really been state of the art.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it happen one day, once the global economy comes back (not the Marvel park, but other Uni parks).

bgraham34

Those concept arts were pretty wild. I just could imagine what it would have really looked like. It would have been the center of the Comic Book world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom