New Main Street U.S.A bypass to be built to address entry and exit congestion at the Magic Kingdom

englanddg

One Little Spark...
The speedway is beyond all hope at this point. It's loud, smells, a total waste of space, and yet always has a line. Go figure.

They should have updated it years back to a Cars theme run on electric, with the cars actually talking back and forth to each other on the track, as well as interacting with the scenery & props. Now that there is a wonderful Cars ride in DL, I doubt they'd go this way.
I'm not fond of slapping IPs on everything, but in this respect, I think that would have been an amazing thing to do. Not terribly expensive, as far as ride overhauls go, especially if they just modified the current vehicles with new fiberglass bodies and replaced the engines with electric motors (but kept the drive train).

Castle Cake Apologist

1) Our Haunted Mansion
2) Our Castle
3) Our Swiss Family Treehouse
4) Our Main St. Train Station
5) Our Peoplemover (tee hee)
6) Our Astro Orbiter
7) Our Little Mermaid (only due to the queue being vastly superior and it being in Fantasyland where it belongs)
8) Our ToT
9) Our Splash Mountain
Plenty of times to say it. It's just that there are just as many times to say it the opposite direction as well. <grin>

I feel like a jerk, but I laughed harder than I should have at #5. Poor Disneyland and their Tomorrowland.

Otamin

Whilst I think thematically Disneyland is superior in general the bypass (from pictures I've seen) in MK looks better so far I'd say.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

1) Our Haunted Mansion
2) Our Castle
6) Our Astro Orbiter
7) Our Little Mermaid (only due to the queue being vastly superior and it being in Fantasyland where it belongs)
8) Our ToT
9) Our Splash Mountain
Plenty of times to say it. It's just that there are just as many times to say it the opposite direction as well. <grin>
You've only got a few more days of #1 being true.

RSoxNo1

I doubt it.

Our Haunted Mansion (I've been on both) is superior.

Even if they bring back Hatbox, I won't feel otherwise.
Right now, I definitely agree with you, but the Hatbox ghost is a big thing. If they make the audio upgrades to the stretch room I'd definitely give it to California. With just the Hatbox ghost it's probably a coin flip.

Kman101

Meh. I don't see how the Hatbox Ghost will propel Disneyland's further. They're not that far apart as is, and it's just really a matter of preference. If they upgrade and change some things, I'd then argue it could be better. There are likely millions of guests who have zero clue about the Hatbox Ghost.

note2001

So is the parking lot themed well enough for you?

Nailed it!
women-parking-lot4.jpg

Oh, that's not the one we're talking about? Pardon me if I'm lost, 5200 miles covers a lot of ground.

Think I found it... Those new trees are going to make for some interesting parking challenges:
619fddbb87693fe2058dabc80ee63f99ea2dd832.jpg

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

I'm sure that no one would choose a slow beautiful exit over a quick ugly one.
*raises hand*

I would! I also prefer a slow entry over a quick morning stampede. And a slow, beautiful day in between over a quick one rushing from place to place.

In fact, I'd say this is pretty much exactly what separates the classic, vintage Disney fan from the modern hordes. :happy:

Cmdr_Crimson

1) Our Haunted Mansion
2) Our Castle
6) Our Astro Orbiter
8) Our ToT
9) Our Splash Mountain

10) Our Carousel Theater (That still rotates)

Sage of Time

1) Our Haunted Mansion
2) Our Castle
6) Our Astro Orbiter
8) Our ToT
9) Our Splash Mountain
I love Disneyland to death....

...but I really love this post. Hehehe.

SoupBone

The speedway is beyond all hope at this point. It's loud, smells, a total waste of space, and yet always has a line. Go figure.

It's a nasty gasoline powered stinking glorified go-cart, but you know what? Kids absolutely LOVE those kinds of rides. It doesn't matter that it goes 2 mph and can't really be steered, KIDS think they're really driving! When I say kids, I mean little bitty guys that barely meet the height requirement. It's not going anywhere soon, unless Disney just absolutely has to have the space, because it is a huge tract of land.

They should have updated it years back to a Cars theme run on electric, with the cars actually talking back and forth to each other on the track, as well as interacting with the scenery & props. Now that there is a wonderful Cars ride in DL, I doubt they'd go this way.

Love the idea of the cars interacting with other cars, and even other racing props (a la CARS), but not necessarily a fan of electric unless they really try to make some realistic noises with the cars. Racing cars that sound like a gerbil running in a wheel is not appealing to anyone, especially the target group for that type of ride. :)

Castle Cake Apologist

You've only got a few more days of #1 being true.

As much as I'm a fanboi for the return of HBG, I really don't think that the simple of addition of one figure is going to elevate their mansion over ours.

We still have incredibly superior audio and the addition of extra show scenes, not to mention the fact that (somehow) maintenance on our Mansion is much better than theirs. Last time I rode Mansion at DL, it was kind of a mess.

Monorail_Red_77

It's a nasty gasoline powered stinking glorified go-cart, but you know what? Kids absolutely LOVE those kinds of rides. It doesn't matter that it goes 2 mph and can't really be steered, KIDS think they're really driving! When I say kids, I mean little bitty guys that barely meet the height requirement. It's not going anywhere soon, unless Disney just absolutely has to have the space, because it is a huge tract of land.

Love the idea of the cars interacting with other cars, and even other racing props (a la CARS), but not necessarily a fan of electric unless they really try to make some realistic noises with the cars. Racing cars that sound like a gerbil running in a wheel is not appealing to anyone, especially the target group for that type of ride. :)

Yes, It is still a huge tract of land. Even after it was cut almost in half long ways. It used to go all the way up to Pete's Sideshow area. Of course this was Pre-Mickey birthday land. The cut back I think happened sometime in the early 1980's.

Bocabear

They need to just clone Autopia from Hong Kong Disneyland... Futuristic looking electric cars and whimsical landscaping... It would still have all the charm of the original...no, even more, and finally fit the theme of the land... It is sort of a no-brainer, except TDO never seems to want to spend money on anything that will not be a meet and greet or an upcharge opportunity.

Kman101

WDW's Speedway is just tragic compared to all of the others. I've frequently advocated for WDW to copy Hong Kong's. I'd also rather they pave it over and do something else, but I recognize that it's popular. Disneygeek went to Hong Kong and Tokyo and seems Autopia frequently had the longest waits in HK. And I know this will go completely off the rails but I constantly read in trip reports how Mystic Manor and Sinbad (Sindbad?) have virtually no lines. Why? They're so good.

BrerJon

WDW's Speedway is just tragic compared to all of the others. I've frequently advocated for WDW to copy Hong Kong's. I'd also rather they pave it over and do something else, but I recognize that it's popular. Disneygeek went to Hong Kong and Tokyo and seems Autopia frequently had the longest waits in HK. And I know this will go completely off the rails but I constantly read in trip reports how Mystic Manor and Sinbad (Sindbad?) have virtually no lines. Why? They're so good.

Mystic Manor and Sindbad are very high capacity rides (those Sindbad boats are like buses), whereas Autopia is a slow-loader. Also Autopia seems to have longer lines in countries where the driving age is older than the USA, and it's harder to get a licence, so maybe it's more of a novelty!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom