New Main Street U.S.A bypass to be built to address entry and exit congestion at the Magic Kingdom

mikeh

A look at it at night
Rc6WZAp.jpg

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
They've given the blank wall a clapboard treatment. Blends in much better. The rest of the bypass has the same type of work. At night, behind the trees, you almost can't tell that it's just a rudimentary dressing of the walls. Overall, while not the Paris arcades, it's acceptable. Tonight, the backstage area on the west side of Main Street was also being used after Wishes. While I'm sure it's been used before, it's the very first time I've seen guests back there.

Main Street bypass facade.jpg

Next Big Thing

They've given the blank wall a clapboard treatment. Blends in much better. The rest of the bypass has the same type of work. At night, behind the trees, you almost can't tell that it's just a rudimentary dressing of the walls. Overall, while not the Paris arcades, it's acceptable. Tonight, the backstage area on the west side of Main Street was also being used after Wishes. While I'm sure it's been used before, it's the very first time I've seen guests back there.

View attachment 115534
The other bypass is used only when the park is over a certain capacity and normally only open right after Wishes. It operates for about 30-45 mins and then closes. I used to work it, it was a PITA over there.

Next Big Thing

Well, it's not a bypass, it's just backstage. That's almost like saying the tunnels would be a bypass. :)
Well, yes, it's backstage. But when in use, it is referred to as a bypass. Of course that side is a one-way bypass, meaning it is exit-only.

It's used sparingly and unthemed.... nothing like the newly themed bypass that is open nightly. It's mostly used as a break area/supplies for custodial, Crystal Palace or the Emporium.

Monorail_Red_77

Here are some screen shots from a video I shot while walking the bypass from castle Hub to town square hub. From Sat 2/27 3pm

IMG_7923.PNG

IMG_7924.PNG

IMG_7925.PNG

IMG_7917.PNG

IMG_7918.PNG

IMG_7919.PNG

Above picture is another double gate built to look like a walkway for CM access between parking and/or main street stores.

IMG_7920.PNG

This photo above shows one of the double gate walkways. When closed as shown it is a walkway. When needed they can open both gates fully and then make deliveries to the stores on Main Street. I think its a nice touch to hide the remaining backstage areas but keep it functional too.

IMG_7921.PNG

IMG_7922.PNG

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom