New Lounge Coming to Disneyland

• Thread starter Deleted member 107043
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 107043

Original Poster
Ah ok. For a minute there I thought it might be "fake news" lol.

How can they charge $45 to enter a dry lounge for 2 hours with a straight face? A complete ripoff.

GiveMeTheMusic

@WDW1974 dropped that this would become a lounge of some kind months ago. This is truly a brazen and absurd upcharge - a shell lounge, one free non-alcoholic drink, a box of cookies and a potential glimpse of fireworks for $45? Who is the target market for something so incredibly lame?

Also amazing is that I've witnessed some TDA people patting themselves on the back for this garbage the past couple days. TDA - get better at your jobs. This is ridiculous.

VJ

Anyone else noticing that there are a lot more upcharges, lounges and parties like these at Disneyland since the "One Disney" initiative was ended, yet Disneyland had been relatively safe from upcharges of this nature previously? Wonder what marked the change of heart/mind.

GiveMeTheMusic

Anyone else noticing that there are a lot more upcharges, lounges and parties like these at Disneyland since the "One Disney" initiative was ended, yet Disneyland had been relatively safe from upcharges of this nature previously? Wonder what marked the change of heart/mind.

One Disney had nothing to do with it. Upcharges are a Chapek mandate, so WDW and DLR have been independently coming up with a series of progressively lamer upcharge ideas.

SSG

giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 107043

Original Poster
There could be some truly amazing upcharge events they could hold at DL, many of which I'd pay for, but this is what they come up with?

Exactly! I mean we've already paid a premium to get in the park. For $45 bucks at least have some exclusive entertainment, an open bar, a dinner buffet, cool collectables, almost ANYTHING would be better than this.

Phroobar

Would it matter the location of this "lounge"? What if you could hang out in the basketball court in the Matterhorn?

TP2000

Bob Chapek.

Oh, @GiveMeTheMusic already beat me to it.

But even a casual observer could see that the change happened when Chapek came in. The plus side was he dismantled One Disney. The down side is he has apparently demanded the local executives find new ways to charge for things, with mixed results. This dry lounge idea is really dumb and just seems tacky.

TP2000

I don't think I've ever been in TL during fireworks; is the view anything special?

Nope, nothing special. You're looking at the entire show from the side, you can't see the Castle fireworks because the Matterhorn and trees get in the way quite a bit. You can't see the Matterhorn or Castle or Main Street projections, and the audio is bad.

But if you want to see a sideways view of fireworks without the special effects, above the dead carcass of Tomorrowland '98, then the second floor of Innoventions is your place! One free soft drink included, and only $45.00 per person!
tumblr_no72sgf98Z1ql71s9o1_500.jpg

D

Deleted member 107043

Original Poster
Can you imagine being on the team responsible for the execution of this knowing it'll be a flop while doing their duty to follow orders from leadership? I bet the backstage chatter amongst cast members is comical.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom