News New look for Disney Magical Express to debut this summer

TwilightZone

"The name will also change to Disney Magical Express rather than Disney's Magical Express."

They keep doing this to things. Has it ever been confirmed why? Disney's California Adventure is much more natural sounding than "Disney California Adventure."
I read somewhere it's because a lot of general guests thought the name disney's california adventure sounded pretentious.

Brad Bishop

With a design change this minor, I don't get the point.

When Disney started replacing their bus fleet there was a definitive different design in them (this is their resort buses I'm referring to). With this, I had to look to see the very minor changes.

Nothing wrong with the changes, just kind of hard to think that someone got paid to make them plus all of the wraps / painting that had to take place for something so minor.

Bairstow

"The name will also change to Disney Magical Express rather than Disney's Magical Express."

They keep doing this to things. Has it ever been confirmed why? Disney's California Adventure is much more natural sounding than "Disney California Adventure."

Perhaps the possessive "s" and apostrophe throws off some non English speakers and/or their electronic search engines or navigation apps. Just a theory.

note2001

Gus has ruined the ME. I'd rather listen to Disney songs on my phone than listen to him waffle on.
Why is that not an option? I tune out whatever is playing and focus on who I'm traveling with, the joy of being back in Florida, or the idiots in traffic.

Nothing wrong with the changes, just kind of hard to think that someone got paid to make them plus all of the wraps / painting that had to take place for something so minor.

Nothing minor about a marketing plan. These things are rolling billboards. Disney is also king of playing mind games. With more DCL ships coming soon the intent seems to be to get those Disney fans who choose to stay onsite and use ME to equate the Disney cruise line with the positive experience of visiting WDW. Won't work with me. Dragons do not do boats.

Last edited:

ToyStoryMiss

59PF.gif

DisneyDebRob

I like it. I’ve said before, the cleaner the look the better for me and this looks sharp. I also don’t mind gus so what do I know.😎

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

my guess is that since it never went through Walt himself they decided to change it to just the corporate brand name to differentiate it..Kind of like how you see that Walt Disney Animation now has it's own splash title after the Disney castle logo comes up for films.

Jambo Joe

Why is that not an option? I tune out whatever is playing and focus on who I'm traveling with, the joy of being back in Florida, or the idiots in traffic.

Nothing minor about a marketing plan. These things are rolling billboards. Disney is also king of playing mind games. With more DCL ships coming soon the intent seems to be to get those Disney fans who choose to stay onsite and use ME to equate the Disney cruise line with the positive experience of visiting WDW. Won't work with me. Dragons do not do boats.

Interesting theory - it’s as good as any as to why they would switch to portholes. For what it’s worth - the look is clean - both the old and the new are acceptable to me.

lazyboy97o

The possessive has been dropped because it is considered stronger branding. That’s it, nothing more.

As was stated earlier, the new design just doesn’t make sense. Like so many designs of late it is emulating something that is already considered “Disney” and not something truly relevant to the experience.

Last edited:

Bairstow

Maybe it has to do with wanting the Magical Express buses to look less out of place when used in conjunction with the cruise line buses. To me, using buses in the very different cruise line livery always came off as cheap, like they didn't have enough buses to go around... probably because they didn't have enough buses to go around.

PeakSeason

Maybe it has to do with wanting the Magical Express buses to look less out of place when used in conjunction with the cruise line buses. To me, using buses in the very different cruise line livery always came off as cheap, like they didn't have enough buses to go around... probably because they didn't have enough buses to go around.
Ohhh. That's a really good point! Maybe they'll do this to the cruise line buses as well and then use them all as needed instead of attempting to have separate fleets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom