New Light outside Mission Space

Cliff

Hello?.....This light is CLEARLY intended for night time lighting of soft openings for annual passholders this month.

Judging by the placement of the light, it's easy to determine that everything is going well inside the building. This is not a single flood,...it's a "dual" flood, which definitely means they want to illuminate the entire outside line area. That means they are expecting a BIG soft opening with long lines! YES!

Because they are expecting to have so many people out there, that MUST mean that ALL the pods are finished to accommodate all those people waiting out front. I love this light......The light is GREAT!

It's an awesome sign and it looks like everything is going ahead of schedule !!!

Of course, it does bring up some "disturbing" analysis too. It appears to be a "temporarily" tight. Which certainly suggests that after the soft opening is over,..they are going to take down the light and spend a loooong time going over all the soft opening test data to tweak the ride. Otherwise, they would have placed a permanent light there.

The light in the picture doesn't even look like it's standing straight!! Which means that they put it up VERY quickly. It seems that the soft opening is expected to be a short-lived one and Disney will likely spend up to one more year trying to "fix" the nausea problem that we ( the soft opening test pilots) are going to complain about!!

Damn stupid light!

Ok,..I'm probably looking a little bit tooo deeply on that last part.

-Cliff :lookaroun

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
an anonymous forum reader (not poster) who wishes to not register asked me to post this for him

-that is an original Horizons lighting fixture, it pointed at the fascade at the top of the building (yes, anything about the lounge windows was a fake wall)
-tell them to go get pics of the old un-fixed on, it's in the round trees by wonders
-with a birds nest and all

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney
Yes you should have. I am thinking of adding a new attraction to the park. I was thinking a Lawn Refuse can...or a picnic table.

In Naples, FL (where I live) -- we have an entire landfill down here that can be used as an overflow park in case Disney's capacity is maxed out due to the popularity of the Mission:Space ladder and lights. I'm sure at the landfill you can find lots of ladders, lawn refuse cans, sheds, garages, and even LIGHTS!!!

MicBat

Originally posted by ntn_haqqer
In Naples, FL (where I live) -- we have an entire landfill down here that can be used as an overflow park in case Disney's capacity is maxed out due to the popularity of the Mission:Space ladder and lights. I'm sure at the landfill you can find lots of ladders, lawn refuse cans, sheds, garages, and even LIGHTS!!!
Sounds like a plan to me!! :lol:

careship

I must say this ladder and chair post has convinced me to become a member of this site. I have been browsing it for a long time, but I see now, you are definately my kind of Disney crazy.

imagineersrock

Originally posted by careship
I must say this ladder and chair post has convinced me to become a member of this site. I have been browsing it for a long time, but I see now, you are definately my kind of Disney crazy.

well, then we'd like to welcome you to the forums (as well as the disney-freak club!):cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom