New "Let the Memories Begin" Banner

scott7302

I really like it, I especially like the flashing lights like cameras going off.

I think it is creative, they have put a lot more effort than just putting a banner there this time, also the mickey flower arrangements are nice to me.

Well done Disney!

The castle projection is also really cool, looking forward to seeing that next week when I am there!

DiPSU224

I think this is way better than that Celebrate Today nonsense. I kind of even like the banner there. Those pictures don't really even look like actual vacation photos, but rather promo shoots.

From personal experience, I can tell you that things at WDW that I did not like in videos or photos, look a lot better in real life. As for the castle projections, it is only an 8 minute show that will take place before Wishes. You will have all day, and the rest of the nighttime to take photos in front of the Castle. Believe me, once you get there you will still have a wonderful time.

Is this official now? I haven't been following much on this whole castle projection. 8 minutes is nothing and will give you something to look at while waiting for Wishes.

Am I the only one who watched the 2 videos provided multiple times so I could listen to the different Main street BGMs? :lookaroun

puntagordabob

Looks good...but here is a thought: Why didnt they use some sort of LED screens for those pictures out there and cycle through a ton of them? Seems like that would be much more interesting/entertaining......

yeti

Thumbs down on this one, just because I personally dislike blatant within-the-park promotional material. They're tacky, they clash with theming, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. But that's opening a whole other can of worms.

All that being said, I'll give credit where credit is due. The banners underneath the railroad are far superior in terms of quality to their predecessors, and I like the pixie dust. Overall, you get the feeling they're at least trying to please the critics in their audience. As for the photos...meh. Looks less like a Magic Kingdom entrance and more like a Kodak commercial (and it'd be nice if they changed).

wdwfan22

I like it much better than the Celebrate Today promotion. It looks as if they are really trying with this one compared to others in the past.

hpyhnt 1000

I like it much better than the Celebrate Today promotion. It looks as if they are really trying with this one compared to others in the past.

I think thats the biggest difference with this promotion, and it shows in the overall appearence of the signage. Hopefully they've found a way to keep the classy look going with the castle projection show.

nor'easter

Thumbs down on this one, just because I personally dislike blatant within-the-park promotional material. They're tacky, they clash with theming, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. But that's opening a whole other can of worms.

Oh Yeti, you eternal optomist...give it up. Disney used to attract return visitors with new attractions every few years. There;s a cheaper way to do it. Have you not seen Mad Men? Don't you realize that Disney's corporate offices are now filled with marketeers that have replaced the imagineers? Their job is to dream up slogans and schemes that will entice gullible people in their ECVs back to the parks to remember the time when they weighed less than 300 lbs.

BelleofDE

I will wait to fully judge it next week when we are there but I don't like how it looks in the video.

Why would I want to take a picture of my family in front of the train station when you are going to see other people's vacation photos in the background?:brick: Same thing goes for the castle projections...
I go to WDW to take pictures of MY FAMILY at WDW not other people's families.

I agree with you, but then I thought about the fact that when you take pictures in the parks you still have thousands of other guests milling around in the background. I've snapped photos with other people purposely making stupid faces, flashing hand signals, and catching people doing something (like picking their nose or a wedgie) that they didn't think anyone was watching... I'd rather have other people's good vacation photos in the background of my vacation photos than some kid making a stupid face.

I think it looks pretty good. Heck it could be a lot worse. They could have gone a very cheap route and just made some sor t of flimsy banner to drape from the railing of the train station.

Phonedave

Not thrilled, but not disliking it.

It looks good, I just sort of find the whole thing presumptuous. "Let the Memories Begin" presumes that just because it is WDW, there are going to be memories (and presumably good memories) made there, and now they are giving you permission to have said memories. Not really a big deal, but just how it impacts me.

I don't know, something like "WDW, where memories are made" or "WDW, creating family memories since 1971" would sound better to me. Maybe it's just me.

As far as the visual impact of the banner, it's fine with me.

-dave

I like it! I hope it stays this simple instead of the banners being strung everywhere! I was beginning to think that I was going to pull out a paper towel in the bathroom that said, "Celebrate Sanitation!"

Goofnut1980

Wow.. I actually think it looks great! It's nice to see them do something substantial out in front of the park... it looks like a fixture and not a little banner that when you take a picture you get glare back... I can't wait to see it on my next trip! :king:

robw1997

Finally, some people who agree that the banner looks good! Does anyone know if the train station has been repainted recently? It looks like it.

yeti

Oh Yeti, you eternal optomist...give it up. Disney used to attract return visitors with new attractions every few years. There;s a cheaper way to do it. Have you not seen Mad Men? Don't you realize that Disney's corporate offices are now filled with marketeers that have replaced the imagineers? Their job is to dream up slogans and schemes that will entice gullible people in their ECVs back to the parks to remember the time when they weighed less than 300 lbs.

I'm far from eternal optimist, I assure you. Last time I neglected to see the bunnies and rainbows side of corporate Disney the happy crowd came after me with torches and pitchforks. Have you not seen the "Jimmy Thick's Take on the Parks" thread? Since when is "thumbs down" optimistic, anyway?
Seeing a speck of good in the annual crap the Disney Marketing boneheads pull out of their hats doesn't make me an optimist, per se. Just...a little more hopeful. Don Draper would be dead before he came up with something like "let the memories begin". :hurl:

You don't like the ECVs? What would Disney World be without the "dupa yak vuss"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom