New Land Logo

peter11435

Original Poster
Yesterday someone posted two new photos inside the soarin' queue in another thread. I noticed there was a sign on the right side of the picture. I tried to zoom in and lighten the picture up a bit and found what appears to be the lands new logo. What do you think?

5565logo1-med.jpg

General Grizz

peter11435 said:
Yesterday someone posted two new photos inside the soarin' queue in another thread. I noticed there was a sign on the right side of the picture. I tried to zoom in and lighten the picture up a bit and found what appears to be the lands new logo. What do you think?

5565logo1-med.jpg
Design reminds me of Circle of Life queue and some old decor that used to exist above the Kitchen Kabaret theater.

Testtrack321

General Grizz said:
Design reminds me of Circle of Life queue and some old decor that used to exist above the Kitchen Kabaret theater.

Only in metal and wood, not that fluffy stuff.

I really like it, retro but modern, seems like they kept the overal theme and ambiance of The Land. I can't wait to hear how Grizz likes it.

General Grizz

Testtrack321 said:
Only in metal and wood, not that fluffy stuff.

I really like it, retro but modern, seems like they kept the overal theme and ambiance of The Land. I can't wait to hear how Grizz likes it.
Me too. :D

TinkerBell9988

So far, that looks good to me.

I can't wait to see what the inside of the pavillion looks like once it is open again. The sign outside also looks great; I loved how it was influenced by the mosaic walls of the pavillion. So very retro. :)

GymLeaderPhil

That wall where that sign rests gives the impression of rolling hills and valleys. The wall can be found when you exit Soarin' and head back towards The Land itself. The barrier you see there on the left hand side seperates the exit queue from the Fast Pass Machines.

Main Street USA

I can't wait for the reopening of this pavillion. I was worried with all of the rumors, but it seems they've done this right.

The new logo looks sweet! Not to different, but just enough to give it that fresh feel.

Epcot82Guy

I agree that the new logo has promise. I just wish/hope they keep some reference to the old logo. I actually think where the tick of green is would be a great place for a small version of the old plant, but it doesn't appear to be so.

As for Soarin' itself, the soundtrack is great! I just got to hear it. Very old Epcot. I think this may have potential, but this is my favorite pavilion, so I will reserve judgment until I see it for myself.

Feeling better about it, though.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`m actually looking forward to seeing the whole pavilion (shock horror :lol: )

Are they still on course for opening? I heard (laughing place I think) the Garden Grill has gone back to July 7th... maybe they are testing a new mechanism to install on the CoP. Yeah, right!

ogryn

marni1971 said:
I`m actually looking forward to seeing the whole pavilion (shock horror :lol: )

Are they still on course for opening? I heard (laughing place I think) the Garden Grill has gone back to July 7th... maybe they are testing a new mechanism to install on the CoP. Yeah, right!

Mouseplanet Update yesterday had the July 7th date :wave:

WDWhumanmap

As long as they do not remove the original Icon which reminds us all of the good old days because thats something we should never all forget. We got to admit these new additions are great but there were alot of fun memories with the old ones too. And if all fails the shirt a bought a couple of years ago will now be worth more because only 2 icons are left.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
i guess im the only one that is hoo-hum about it. it is ok, just doesnt make me say wow, that is a good logo. looks (from this photo and angle; subject to change) quickly done and not to much structure for a logo of a whole pavilion. looks like it should be on the side of a box of soap or something.

i love simple logos and also conplex ones........... just cant tell what this one is trying to be. text/font = extra simple but back ground = extra busy. confusing to me.

but ill wait to completely have an opinion when i get a better shot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom