New Journey into Imagination T-Shirts

mtomkins

Ahh that is a great name for your cat! I am popping back in tonight or tomorrow to purchase them all so will get back to you with price and item number for anyone that wants to order them on WDW Mail Order.

Thank you! Figments always been my favorite and I rescued her from being put to sleep at a shelter through a group I work with. She's a calico and I thought since a)fig was my fave and b) figment was made up from a bunch of different animals to create the perfect little dragon, she too had been marked with markings of many different cats to create the perfect little cat princess .. A figment! I couldn't have imagined a more perfect little kitty! =]

Thanks for checking the prices! Any other good new merch? I'm saving up these last few days!

Buried20KLeague

This is just another case of Disney laughing all the way to the bank by capitalizing on peoples' nostalgia for the past with the Dreamfinder shirt.

It really hacks me off, to be honest. If Disney knew the character was beloved, why would they have gotten rid of it in the first place? They even TRIED to get rid of Figment once!

I just picture people in the merch department saying "Ok, we need a few new shirts. Let's make one with Dreamfinder on it. You know those people will buy anything we put out with him on it!"

I'd be willing to bet that's fairly close to how the conversation actually goes, too.

wbc

It really hacks me off, to be honest. If Disney knew the character was beloved, why would they have gotten rid of it in the first place? They even TRIED to get rid of Figment once!

I just picture people in the merch department saying "Ok, we need a few new shirts. Let's make one with Dreamfinder on it. You know those people will buy anything we put out with him on it!"

I'd be willing to bet that's fairly close to how the conversation actually goes, too.

Looking back before the mid-late-90s, Disney World seemed like it was almost apart from Disneyania in general.

The attractions had their own characters, their own stories, their own histories..... they were not featured anywhere else, on any films, etc. If you hadn't been to Disney World, you don't know who Dreamfinder and Figment is.

Think about it.... there was Pirates and Haunted mansion before the movies, Dream Finder & Figment, Country Bears before the movies, etc. There were attractions like Dreamflight and Alien Encounter that had nothing to do with any Disney movie.

Now it seems that Disney wants to use movies in the attractions and vice versa.

TheDisneyMagic

Original Poster
Wow, hopefully they're trying to build hype for an upcoming refurb!:0. I always get too excited. But hey, at least they're thinking about it.

You can always hope, but lets not get our hopes up. I will still purchase them just to keep prooving that the Dreamfinder character is popular.

SoupBone

To me they look a bit....girly or busy. Like someone suggested earlier I wish they just had a simple one with the logo. I'm glad to at least see Figment though..:)

Missymoe4

For me, as a women, they are perfect. Cute and fun!

Now, the tough choice is in choosing...

2 more weeks of waiting and I'll finally be back!

DebS

OOOh these are nice. I like the blue one:)

Only 6 more days :sohappy:

If you're planning on joining us at The Poly meet on the 7th PM me.

RSoxNo1

Here's what I want. Old school Epcot shirts with each of the old logos on them. They don't say anything just the 9 logos on separate shirts. That way when you run into a fellow Disney fan they recognize what the symbol is, and recognize you as a Disney fan, but it's not in your face like some of these other shirts.

NedLand

Here's what I want. Old school Epcot shirts with each of the old logos on them. They don't say anything just the 9 logos on separate shirts. That way when you run into a fellow Disney fan they recognize what the symbol is, and recognize you as a Disney fan, but it's not in your face like some of these other shirts.

This is an awesome idea!

dweezil78

I've e-mailed that idea as well as several others into the merchandising

I've made shirts exactly like this through my Zazzle store, but they always get pulled. Totally not trying to make $$$ or steal profits from Disney, just know how much myself and many others want them and are merely making them available. I even recreated all the logos myself, using extremely hi-res versions for the shirts so that they wouldn't be blurry like you'd get from using the existing assets floating around the internets. Ohhh well. :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom