New Info on Reunion Station

Phonedave

Interestingly enough the Disney blog made a distinction saying

"While the food-and-beverage-inclusive lounge-access option is available only to Members staying at Boulder Ridge Villas or Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Reunion Station workshops are open to all eligible Members.

As a part of Membership Extras, an incidental benefit, these Member benefits are subject to change, availability or termination and may require a fee. Membership Extras are available with eligible ownership interests. Visit http://disneyvacationclub.com/memextraspolicy for more information."

The link there is for all the perks that only full members get. Hmm.....

If that's the case then this could possibly be paid for in a different way? But if that's the case do they limit who can order it upon check in? We'll likely see more in the next month or so. I might ask more in person when we go because at minimum we'll be checking out the evening activities. Not sure the paid sessions appeal to me in subject material. Obviously not sure of the rest yet.

And no, I don't get bent out of shape about paying for crafts or the like either. I don't expect everything to be free. We haven't done a craft yet, only because our offspring haven't been drawn to doing one. The coloring and games were more up their alley.

If the Reunion Station is only open to Members (as in people who have a Blue Card) for any sort of event - "free" or the F&B lounge, then I would suspect that the Station is not paid for out of dues at all, but instead is paid for and maintained by DVC itself as a perk (just like the Member Lounge in EPCOT) and as a profit center - they are keeping the money that people pay to use the location as a F&B lounge.

-dave

correcaminos

Original Poster
If the Reunion Station is only open to Members (as in people who have a Blue Card) for any sort of event - "free" or the F&B lounge, then I would suspect that the Station is not paid for out of dues at all, but instead is paid for and maintained by DVC itself as a perk (just like the Member Lounge in EPCOT) and as a profit center - they are keeping the money that people pay to use the location as a F&B lounge.

-dave

That's what I am thinking - assuming this is all correct about who can use what. I'm sure soon enough we'll see how it all shakes out.

THANK YOU for those photos. First thought - a stinking drop ceiling in the Pacific Northwest? Just me - looks like my basement :(. Or a standard "Convention Room" :(. There was SO much promise for this building.... I now wish WDW would just tear it down and start over.

I look at OUR "Common Area" at BRV - and have tears for our CCV neighbors :(.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

We still have a little over a month before opening. I wouldn't base the final product on pictures taken now.

But yes of course personal preferences. I'm indifferent. BRV doesn't appeal to me. CCV actually does but we'll see how I feel when I see it all in person. I might change my mind ;)

harryk

DVC members, who are owners at WL should get full access to this facility at no additional charge. (This would include their guests.) Renting points? No, they point renters would not be eligible.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
DVC members, who are owners at WL should get full access to this facility at no additional charge. (This would include their guests.) Renting points? No, they point renters would not be eligible.

How do you separate renters and guests?

lostpro9het

How do you separate renters and guests?

Someone in the party should be carrying one of these I suppose, similar to how the moonlight magic, beach parties, and DVC lounge at EC work.
newcard1.jpg

nickys

Premium Member
So, the owner would have to be present. I see, I was thinking along the lines of booking for a guest.

Well we can currently take guests into most of the special events/Epcot lounge etc. But a member has to be present with card and ID. So the Reunion Station could be run the same way.

But for unknown monetary reasons, they've decided to make it a hybrid CL facility. Without full access. Which to me makes paying for it pointless. If I want CL facilities I'd rather pay for proper CL at AKL.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Well we can currently take guests into most of the special events/Epcot lounge etc. But a member has to be present with card and ID. So the Reunion Station could be run the same way.

But for unknown monetary reasons, they've decided to make it a hybrid CL facility. Without full access. Which to me makes paying for it pointless. If I want CL facilities I'd rather pay for proper CL at AKL.
Indeed. Just an academic conversation really. DVC decided to make the Reunion Station into a strange amalgam of faux concierge lounge, activity hall, and membership magic "benefit".

correcaminos

Original Poster
Yes, you get all this and more, for only $50 per person for every day of your vacation!!!
Except the activities are paid for and not required for CL and the evening mixer is free and not required as well.

We're still waiting on reviews to decide. It'll be open a month before we get there so we'll see. Since we have someone who may not be with us the whole time we might not go this route.

At least if this flops, they have the ability to make it into something good.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Except the activities are paid for and not required for CL and the evening mixer is free and not required as well.

Yes, correct. The activity center part of the day is pay as you go. Not included in your $50pp. Also, the mixer, is, as best as I can tell, just an open house. You don't actually get anything except access?

correcaminos

Original Poster
Yes, correct. The activity center part of the day is pay as you go. Not included in your $50pp. Also, the mixer, is, as best as I can tell, just an open house. You don't actually get anything except access?
That's what we're waiting on to hear... what it really entails. A lot of the info really has been a bit vague IMO.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Bumping this thread to find out if anyone has tried Reunion Station yet. If so, did you pay for the "Lounge" part or just take part in the other activities?

correcaminos

Original Poster
Bumping this thread to find out if anyone has tried Reunion Station yet. If so, did you pay for the "Lounge" part or just take part in the other activities?
Unfortunately I have not. Since we had a 7 night trip with 4 "adults" it just wasn't worth it to us seeing the evening options. Not really interested in the classes either. It was *very* empty every time we walked by though.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Unfortunately I have not. Since we had a 7 night trip with 4 "adults" it just wasn't worth it to us seeing the evening options. Not really interested in the classes either. It was *very* empty every time we walked by though.
Yup. Based on what most folks are doing (or NOT doing)... RS is pretty much a failure, subtracting VERY valuable functional Real Estate from The WL Bottom Line. Unless one enjoys hearing crickets chirping :). "This parrot is dead. It is deceased. It is no more...." :).

Eagerly awaiting the Geyser Point Rennovation....

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wron

correcaminos

Original Poster
Yup. Based on what most folks are doing (or NOT doing)... RS is pretty much a failure, subtracting VERY valuable functional Real Estate from The WL Bottom Line. Unless one enjoys hearing crickets chirping :). "This parrot is dead. It is deceased. It is no more...." :).

Eagerly awaiting the Geyser Point Rennovation....

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wron

Geyser Point renovation? Do you mean Reunion Station?

I think they failed on a few things. Honestly one thing that soured me was how they removed the member mixer things they were supposed to do. They did it quietly w/o notice and people showed up to see, and were turned away. They quietly removed it from the online info, but it was still there in print and many thought it should be there when they checked in. They also had a pathetic evening offering really, so I wasn't going to fork out for that.

I've known very few who have done it. Most are on short 2 night or less trips. I was so excited to have a CL offering again for DVC, but this one fell flat.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Confused about this statement referring to a Geyser Point Renovation. I know that the regular lodge rooms are about to get some updates but why would they need to do anything to Geyser Point already?

I assume that @TheGuyThatMakesSwords meant that Reunion Station would be going away and the space would be incorporated into Geyser Point.

I too was intrigued by the CL aspect of Reunion Station. However, having to pay for every night whether you used it or not, plus having it only available for a few hours around dinner time, made it not worth the cost (for me). If it was something that would be available all day, then it might work. I could see stopping by to relax after a long day in the parks.

DisDadWoz

It's been empty the times we went by as well. At what point does the plug get pulled and is used for something else? I imagine at some point there is a group who realizes this was a flop.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

I assume that @TheGuyThatMakesSwords meant that Reunion Station would be going away and the space would be incorporated into Geyser Point.

I too was intrigued by the CL aspect of Reunion Station. However, having to pay for every night whether you used it or not, plus having it only available for a few hours around dinner time, made it not worth the cost (for me). If it was something that would be available all day, then it might work. I could see stopping by to relax after a long day in the parks.

Give this man a Cigar :). Mostly empty prime water front space, stunning building, and rumored degradation of AP to "character dining"...
The planets are aligning. Just me, GP should NEVER have been "just a really nice pool bar" :).

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom