New Info on Reunion Station

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Except AKL has concierge too. Honestly I don't want to do concierge there though because the 2 bedrooms are not dedicated and I don't like that. We use either 2 connecting studios at PVB or dedicated 2 bedrooms so that leaves us out of concierge there. Using DVC for regular concierge rooms otherwise is a lousy trade off of points. So we don't do that. Also concierge mostly does not include the types of rooms I now like to book.

I'm sorry this offends you. I am not sure why it should though. Again like a lounge in an airport no one is making you use it. Sometimes I think we get to offended too quickly in this world over things that really don't affect us much. Honestly I'm baffled by your strong reaction to this since it's not something you're required to do or even take part of. Not like they had a CH there previously so this is just something new to try like the cabins and bungalows (which I happen to love too).
I'd prefer the space be used for something all DVC members could use. Not another way to extract maximum dollars from guests. Call me crazy.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

I'd prefer the space be used for something all DVC members could use. Not another way to extract maximum dollars from guests. Call me crazy.
And this is our issue, as well.... To us, this is not a DVC facility. At best? It's a "shared facility", similar to the Pools. And given that it's there - it should appear that way in our dues statements.

This COULD have been a magnificent SIG, right on the Water..... what a pity :(.
All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
I happened to walk by this morning and saw the door to Reunion Station was propped open. Of course I had to take a couple of pics for you...
DE9466B9-0E68-4BB8-A453-CAB935E52442.jpeg

0746F207-02B4-4424-AF90-87641C36B6FE.jpeg

correcaminos

Original Poster
Unless I missed something. The "free" component is just having the doors open?

You're just a ray of sunshine sometimes aren't you? They just said it will be open for mixing/mingling in the evening to all. So it's open to use for free. Not sure what you expected out of it for free....

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
You're just a ray of sunshine sometimes aren't you? They just said it will be open for mixing/mingling in the evening to all. So it's open to use for free. Not sure what you expected out of it for free....

I'm not sure I could be any clearer about this. I do not like the Reunion Station. I don't like a single aspect about it. I don't want it spreading to other resorts. I don't like being hit up for even more money. I don't like the extra stratification involved here. I hope it fails miserably.

correcaminos

Original Poster
I'm not sure I could be any clearer about this. I do not like the Reunion Station. I don't like a single aspect about it. I don't want it spreading to other resorts. I don't like being hit up for even more money. I don't like the extra stratification involved here. I hope it fails miserably.

No you have made it utterly clear that you hate it completely (without even giving it a chance), and yet when I asked what you wanted free, you decided to stomp your foot and pout some more. I'm sorry you hate it. Avoid it, but there are free aspects to it that you can use whether you like it or not.

My goodness there is so much more at each resort that is free that even if they did add this to others it won't affect your stay. I'm not sure why you keep replying to this though since you have said the same thing over and over again. Just ignore the thread and move on maybe since this upsets you so?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
No you have made it utterly clear that you hate it completely (without even giving it a chance), and yet when I asked what you wanted free, you decided to stomp your foot and pout some more. I'm sorry you hate it. Avoid it, but there are free aspects to it that you can use whether you like it or not.

My goodness there is so much more at each resort that is free that even if they did add this to others it won't affect your stay. I'm not sure why you keep replying to this though since you have said the same thing over and over again. Just ignore the thread and move on maybe since this upsets you so?
I don't need to pay $200 a day for a continental breakfast and a bud light in the afternoon to know I don't like this offering. It's attached to a beautiful bar and restaurant, why would I choose the lesser of those two options, which also happens to be the more expensive of the two? For a little status? I don't think so.

Phonedave

And this is our issue, as well.... To us, this is not a DVC facility. At best? It's a "shared facility", similar to the Pools. And given that it's there - it should appear that way in our dues statements.

This COULD have been a magnificent SIG, right on the Water..... what a pity :(.
All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

That is my concern as well. Not that it matters to me now - I own at SSR - but if this sort of thing starts happening at SSR, then I expected it to be prorated in my dues. If DVC builds a building that is not open to all owners, then all owners should not have to pay for it. The portion of the expenses of the building that are dedicated a pay potion needs to come out of those payments. So if the building is open 12 hours a day and 6 of those hours are only open to people who paid, then all of the activities during those times (staff wages, food costs, cleaning, HVAC etc) need to come out of those costs, and 50% of the overall maintenance of the building needs to come out of those costs as well.

I am kind of disappointed that this is what it is being used for , but that's just my personal opinion.

correcaminos

Original Poster
I don't need to pay $200 a day for a continental breakfast and a bud light in the afternoon to know I don't like this offering. It's attached to a beautiful bar and restaurant, why would I choose the lesser of those two options, which also happens to be the more expensive of the two? For a little status? I don't think so.

Not why we'd do it, but hey different strokes.

ell. Not that it matters to me now - I own at SSR - but if this sort of thing starts happening at SSR, then I expected it to be prorated in my dues. If DVC builds a building that is not open to all owners, then all owners should not have to pay for it. The portion of the expenses of the building that are dedicated a pay potion needs to come out of those payments. So if the building is open 12 hours a day and 6 of those hours are only open to people who paid, then all of the activities during those times (staff wages, food costs, cleaning, HVAC etc) need to come out of those costs, and 50% of the over

To me that is more of a concern that I hadn't thought of, but we are not CCVC owners. I would imagine the fees will help run it though but we will have to see I guess. Though given the evening hours are for all DVC members maybe we all are already paying some for it? Who knows. Something we can write into DVC if we are concerned about.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Well it’s not for convenience. Since it’s at the restaurant and it’s only part of the day. It’s not for value because it’s wildly expensive. It’s not for the beauty of the space. It’s not for the special events, because those are extra money. What’s the reasoning? Status.

correcaminos

Original Poster
Well it’s not for convenience. Since it’s at the restaurant and it’s only part of the day. It’s not for value because it’s wildly expensive. It’s not for the beauty of the space. It’s not for the special events, because those are extra money. What’s the reasoning? Status.

Not everyone values things the way you do and some of us appreciate things differently. I'd appreciate you stop implying things about me that are not true as well. I could go on and just say you're jealous because you cannot afford it, but I know that's not true. It's equally as insulting though.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Not everyone values things the way you do and some of us appreciate things differently. I'd appreciate you stop implying things about me that are not true as well.
What do you value about the reunion station and it’s 50/33 a night cost factor? Make me see your side.

correcaminos

Original Poster
What do you value about the reunion station and it’s 50/33 a night cost factor? Make me see your side.

We like concierge services. We always have and likely always will and have paid more for rooms to get it. I've said this repeatedly. I'm not here to argue with people over a preference.

I notice you completely ignored the latter part of my post too which means I would rather not continue this discussion with you at all. Sorry.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
We like concierge services. We always have and likely always will and have paid more for rooms to get it. I've said this repeatedly. I'm not here to argue with people over a preference.

I notice you completely ignored the latter part of my post too which means I would rather not continue this discussion with you at all. Sorry.
You edited your post after I quoted you. Then called attention to your edit. Strange thing to do. Anyhoo, I’ll address it anyways.

I wouldn’t be insulted to admit I couldn’t afford this faux concierge service. Fact is, I can, but I wouldn’t consider it for even a second. I have too much respect for money to waste it on something like this.

FWIW.....

This is no kind of concierge I have ever encountered. It’s a mixed use building, disguised as a concierge lounge for a few hours a day. Essentially it’s a meal plan, which only includes snacks and beverages and only at specific times. That’s not any kind of concierge lounge I know of.

correcaminos

Original Poster
You edited your post after I quoted you. Then called attention to your edit. Strange thing to do. Anyhoo, I’ll address it anyways.

I wouldn’t be insulted to admit I couldn’t afford this faux concierge service. Fact is, I can, but I wouldn’t consider it for even a second. I have too much respect for money to waste it on something like this.

FWIW.....

This is no kind of concierge I have ever encountered. It’s a mixed use building, disguised as a concierge lounge for a few hours a day. Essentially it’s a meal plan, which only includes snacks and beverages and only at specific times. That’s not any kind of concierge lounge I know of.

I'm sorry, I did not edit it that after you replied. The implications from you are really getting to me big time. I called you out on being rather insulting and I do not appreciate it in the least.

You hate the place, fine, but leave me alone please.

As I said I have enjoyed every concierge stay I have had. We would have two meals a day there (no lunch ever has been available) because the appetizers actually were enough for a meal. I've enjoyed just relaxing in quiet and avoiding a lot of people because I like it. This is not even close to a meal plan though. Which oddly I am never a fan of. My husband drinks and enjoys the ones they offer. I enjoy the ambiance of concierge. Not for you, fine, but knock of the holier than thou attitude please.

Phonedave

To me that is more of a concern that I hadn't thought of, but we are not CCVC owners. I would imagine the fees will help run it though but we will have to see I guess. Though given the evening hours are for all DVC members maybe we all are already paying some for it? Who knows. Something we can write into DVC if we are concerned about.

My thoughts exactly. They will have to come up for some way to prorate it. If it was solely for paying people 100% of the time, then it's easy, the fees cover 100% of it. If it was open to all members all of the time, then the members pay in their dues. This hybrid thing where sometimes it's for people paying the fee and other times it is for everyone is a bit trickier.

Before anybody brings up the craft events you have to pay for, that covers the cost of the craft. Any DVC owner is free to go to the community center and hang out, and even watch the craft events. Your dues cover the building and staff which you are free to make use of at any time. The fee for the craft covers the cost of stickers, glitter, and glue.

I also think that is why you will not see a separation based on members vs. resale owners. They all pay the same dues, so anything that is paid for out of dues needs to be available to all dues paying members. Things like the member lounge in EPCOT or moonlight magic events are not paid out of dues, but out of DVC revenues as a marketing device, so they can easily make them member only.

-dave

correcaminos

Original Poster
My thoughts exactly. They will have to come up for some way to prorate it. If it was solely for paying people 100% of the time, then it's easy, the fees cover 100% of it. If it was open to all members all of the time, then the members pay in their dues. This hybrid thing where sometimes it's for people paying the fee and other times it is for everyone is a bit trickier.

Before anybody brings up the craft events you have to pay for, that covers the cost of the craft. Any DVC owner is free to go to the community center and hang out, and even watch the craft events. Your dues cover the building and staff which you are free to make use of at any time. The fee for the craft covers the cost of stickers, glitter, and glue.

I also think that is why you will not see a separation based on members vs. resale owners. They all pay the same dues, so anything that is paid for out of dues needs to be available to all dues paying members. Things like the member lounge in EPCOT or moonlight magic events are not paid out of dues, but out of DVC revenues as a marketing device, so they can easily make them member only.

-dave

Interestingly enough the Disney blog made a distinction saying

"While the food-and-beverage-inclusive lounge-access option is available only to Members staying at Boulder Ridge Villas or Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Reunion Station workshops are open to all eligible Members.

As a part of Membership Extras, an incidental benefit, these Member benefits are subject to change, availability or termination and may require a fee. Membership Extras are available with eligible ownership interests. Visit http://disneyvacationclub.com/memextraspolicy for more information."

The link there is for all the perks that only full members get. Hmm.....

If that's the case then this could possibly be paid for in a different way? But if that's the case do they limit who can order it upon check in? We'll likely see more in the next month or so. I might ask more in person when we go because at minimum we'll be checking out the evening activities. Not sure the paid sessions appeal to me in subject material. Obviously not sure of the rest yet.

And no, I don't get bent out of shape about paying for crafts or the like either. I don't expect everything to be free. We haven't done a craft yet, only because our offspring haven't been drawn to doing one. The coloring and games were more up their alley.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

I happened to walk by this morning and saw the door to Reunion Station was propped open. Of course I had to take a couple of pics for you...
View attachment 272604
View attachment 272605

THANK YOU for those photos. First thought - a stinking drop ceiling in the Pacific Northwest? Just me - looks like my basement :(. Or a standard "Convention Room" :(. There was SO much promise for this building.... I now wish WDW would just tear it down and start over.

I look at OUR "Common Area" at BRV - and have tears for our CCV neighbors :(.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom