News New Indian restaurant eet by Maneet Chauhan coming to Disney Springs later this year

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney has announced Maneet Chauhan, the acclaimed James Beard Award-winning chef and Food Network star, and Vivek Deora, international hospitality entrepreneur, are bringing their famed Indian cuisine to Disney Springs with the opening of EET later this year.

IMG_C8BED10425ED-1.jpeg

G&CsMom

I am so excited for this!! DH and I watch her on Food Network and have always wanted to try her dishes. I hear her restaurants in Nashville are highly rated. I wonder if she will bring her famous take on the Nashville hot chicken to DS??

hopemax

This is very exciting! We love watching Maneet on Food Network, and love Indian food. Plus, the location works great if someone wants to stick with the ol' standby of Earl of Sandwich.

Bocabear

If they have not started working on it, it is doubtful it could be complete in a couple months.... 16 months ago they announced the Cake Bake Shop at the Boardwalk Resort... At the 14 month mark it was still steel girders and missing walls... We have not had an update in a while, but after they get it closed up they still have to do walls, electrical, plumbing etc...
If the Indian Restaurant moved into the old Wolfgang Puck Express and didn't change anything but just some decor, they could be open fast, but as usually happens the new tenant wants a complete buildout and all new...
Well it is something to look forward to at least... something different than the usual...

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Is there any hope of it opening by the beginning of October?

The Orlando Business Journal is reporting a late summer opening.

"Celebrity chef and Food Network star Maneet Chauhan with her husband, global hospitality entrepreneur Vivek Deora, in late summer will debut EET restaurant at Disney Springs. The couple — who together operate several concepts under Nashville, Tennessee-based Morph Hospitality restaurant group — are taking on their first venture in Florida through EET, according to a news release."

jaklgreen

The Orlando Business Journal is reporting a late summer opening.

"Celebrity chef and Food Network star Maneet Chauhan with her husband, global hospitality entrepreneur Vivek Deora, in late summer will debut EET restaurant at Disney Springs. The couple — who together operate several concepts under Nashville, Tennessee-based Morph Hospitality restaurant group — are taking on their first venture in Florida through EET, according to a news release."

That is what I thought that I read but things change. The poster that I quoted said that he was a partner and would have the most accurate information.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
If they have not started working on it, it is doubtful it could be complete in a couple months.... 16 months ago they announced the Cake Bake Shop at the Boardwalk Resort... At the 14 month mark it was still steel girders and missing walls... We have not had an update in a while, but after they get it closed up they still have to do walls, electrical, plumbing etc...
If the Indian Restaurant moved into the old Wolfgang Puck Express and didn't change anything but just some decor, they could be open fast, but as usually happens the new tenant wants a complete buildout and all new...
Well it is something to look forward to at least... something different than the usual...
I believe it's a fairly minimal change from the former Wolfgang Puck. A lot can be reused for a quick startup.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom