New Imagineer Introduction Thread

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Now it becomes blurry. I'm sorry. @MonorailRed but I think I might have to replace my icon.

I had success cropping it on the website.... Give this a shot! :D

8688db_812365135cea47a79312cb9fd69d7ed7~mv2.png

mimitchi33

Nice to meet you! I am Jillian, a girl who has loved Disney parks ever since I was 3. Nor only do I love the characters, but I also love the rides in the park and the fun experiences I get to have while I am there. I have always dreamed of working at the parks since I was a child. This year, I am starting college, and I am studying hospitality in order to get the job I've always desired. I hope that becoming an imagineer on your site can help me gain experience on what to expect when one works for the parks. I also decided to join here after someone told me that a dream I had involving a version of Journey into Imagination starring my favorite Disney character, Bing Bong from the Pixar movie Inside Out, sounded like something I should write in the Imagineering forum and someone invited me to an armchair imagineering contest. I am a very smart girl who is going to graduate high school this month with a 98 average and in the honors program. I am a talented writer and often impressed teachers with my work. I hope I can impress you with my amazing ideas I have for Disney parks and rides.

OvertheHorizon

Hello everyone. I'm honored to be included with this group, although I can see that I'm traveling in fast company. I'll try to keep up.

I've been visiting Walt Disney World since 1975. The Magic Kingdom was the only park at that time, the Lake Buena Vista Shopping Village opened that year, and I stayed in the Travelodge (now a Best Western) in the Lake Buena Village Hotel area. I have returned to WDW for vacation nearly every year since, and delighted as each new park opened. Epcot is my favorite park (hoping to see it spruced up a bit in coming years). After I retired, I moved to Florida and now live within 15 minutes of Walt Disney World, so I'm a frequent visitor.

I have visited Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure parks on two occasions.

Tony the Tigger

Hi all - Tony the Tigger here - no, really, I'm the only one LOL. Fan of all things Disney since I was a little kid in NJ. Still have my plastic Mickey Mouse dinner plate that we all had in the 70's. Always got a kick out of Tigger.

But my family never went to WDW! I went my first time at age 29 for the New Millennium New Year (having moved to Ft Lauderdale, FL 3 years prior) and the rest is history. My husband and I especially appreciate the restaurants (Flying Fish!!) and fun places like Tune-In Lounge, and are planning our one & only meal at Victoria & Albert's for our 10-year wedding anniversary next year. (Woo hoo!)

My other big love is music, and I own a record store here in Fort Lauderdale called We Got The Beats. We specialize in dance music, and also carry most Disney records in print (Tron still sells the most - both the original and the new Daft Punk soundtrack.)

I am known to be camera-shy, but this spontaneous shot with Tigger at Epcot (he was just walking by) is probably my favorite picture of myself ever taken. I was 30, but the look on my face is 8 years old LOL.

tony-tigger.jpg

orlando678-

Hey everyone, I'm Orlando678-, or simply orlando. I've been a fan of all things Disney and amazed by theme parks around the world, especially the Disney theme park ever since I was a young Dutch guy. After visiting different parks in Europe and the United States, I started to grow an interest in designing or imagining theme parks, hotels etc. And it has been growing ever since. I've visited Disneyland Resort Paris 9 times and Walt Disney World Resort 5 times. My favorite Disney character is Stitch(what a surprise) and my favorite movie is Alice in Wonderland. A few years ago I stumbled upon this site and got interested in sharing my ideas and reading other people's ideas. After doing several things here on the forums like Refurbing Disneyland Resort Paris, The Next Generation and participating in the Creator Games, I have combined the things I have learned with starting The Walt Disney Resort Project. Furthermore I love doing stuff with my friends, listening to music, travelling, watching movies and doing some sports. I hope to see a lot of new ideas on the forums and I can't wait to see what everyone wants to share here :)

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Hey everybody. I'm DuckTalesWooHoo1987 and I'm a die hard Disney fan. I've been a lifelong lover of all things Disney for 34 years now and show no signs of stopping. I'm a DVC member since 2008. My all time favorite Disney movie is PROBABLY is Peter Pan if I was forced to choose but I'm a huge fan of classic Disney and anything by the 9 Old Men. My favorite character of all time is Scrooge McDuck and I love the Carl Barks comics that gave birth to him. I assume it is also no shock that I'm maybe the worlds biggest Ducktales fan as well. My favorite way to enjoy Disney is the Magic Kingdom and my favorite ride is The Haunted Mansion. My non Disney interests are video games, comic book, and vintage action figures which I passionately collect. I'm also a baptist preacher and enjoy church three times a week as well. I hope to contribute some creativity around here.

ThemeParkJunkee

Hello everyone. I will be an interested observer for the finals of the House Cup. I am ThemeParkJunkee. I have been a fan of themed entertainment since my childhood many years ago when it and I were in our infancy. My name is Wendy, and yes, I was named after the Wendy in Peter Pan. I am a fan of your imagineering forums and lurk and read a lot but have little understanding of the actual work that goes into your creations. I have an adult daughter who was inspired by MGM Studios to become an animator and illustrator. She is awesome but her imagination comes from me so there is that. I am not a trained artist, I'm an accountant who dabbles a bit.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Nice to meet you! I am Jillian, a girl who has loved Disney parks ever since I was 3. Nor only do I love the characters, but I also love the rides in the park and the fun experiences I get to have while I am there. I have always dreamed of working at the parks since I was a child. This year, I am starting college, and I am studying hospitality in order to get the job I've always desired. I hope that becoming an imagineer on your site can help me gain experience on what to expect when one works for the parks. I also decided to join here after someone told me that a dream I had involving a version of Journey into Imagination starring my favorite Disney character, Bing Bong from the Pixar movie Inside Out, sounded like something I should write in the Imagineering forum and someone invited me to an armchair imagineering contest. I am a very smart girl who is going to graduate high school this month with a 98 average and in the honors program. I am a talented writer and often impressed teachers with my work. I hope I can impress you with my amazing ideas I have for Disney parks and rides.

@mimitchi33 here is your official Armchair Imagineering Nametag! :D

mimitchi33Name_zpsrtjpl6ys.png

Hello everyone. I'm honored to be included with this group, although I can see that I'm traveling in fast company. I'll try to keep up.

I've been visiting Walt Disney World since 1975. The Magic Kingdom was the only park at that time, the Lake Buena Vista Shopping Village opened that year, and I stayed in the Travelodge (now a Best Western) in the Lake Buena Village Hotel area. I have returned to WDW for vacation nearly every year since, and delighted as each new park opened. Epcot is my favorite park (hoping to see it spruced up a bit in coming years). After I retired, I moved to Florida and now live within 15 minutes of Walt Disney World, so I'm a frequent visitor.

I have visited Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure parks on two occasions.

@OvertheHorizon here is your official Armchair Imagineering Nametag! :D
OvertheHorizionName_zps7ssctayo.png

Hi all - Tony the Tigger here - no, really, I'm the only one LOL. Fan of all things Disney since I was a little kid in NJ. Still have my plastic Mickey Mouse dinner plate that we all had in the 70's. Always got a kick out of Tigger.

But my family never went to WDW! I went my first time at age 29 for the New Millennium New Year (having moved to Ft Lauderdale, FL 3 years prior) and the rest is history. My husband and I especially appreciate the restaurants (Flying Fish!!) and fun places like Tune-In Lounge, and are planning our one & only meal at Victoria & Albert's for our 10-year wedding anniversary next year. (Woo hoo!)

My other big love is music, and I own a record store here in Fort Lauderdale called We Got The Beats. We specialize in dance music, and also carry most Disney records in print (Tron still sells the most - both the original and the new Daft Punk soundtrack.)

I am known to be camera-shy, but this spontaneous shot with Tigger at Epcot (he was just walking by) is probably my favorite picture of myself ever taken. I was 30, but the look on my face is 8 years old LOL.

View attachment 144889

@Tony the Tigger here is your official Armchair Imagineering Nametag! :D
TonyName_zpsljcyhp3l.png

Hey everyone, I'm Orlando678-, or simply orlando. I've been a fan of all things Disney and amazed by theme parks around the world, especially the Disney theme park ever since I was a young Dutch guy. After visiting different parks in Europe and the United States, I started to grow an interest in designing or imagining theme parks, hotels etc. And it has been growing ever since. I've visited Disneyland Resort Paris 9 times and Walt Disney World Resort 5 times. My favorite Disney character is Stitch(what a surprise) and my favorite movie is Alice in Wonderland. A few years ago I stumbled upon this site and got interested in sharing my ideas and reading other people's ideas. After doing several things here on the forums like Refurbing Disneyland Resort Paris, The Next Generation and participating in the Creator Games, I have combined the things I have learned with starting The Walt Disney Resort Project. Furthermore I love doing stuff with my friends, listening to music, travelling, watching movies and doing some sports. I hope to see a lot of new ideas on the forums and I can't wait to see what everyone wants to share here :)

@orlando678- here is your official Armchair Imagineering Nametag! :D

orlandoNametag_zpsqqeuk9nm.png

Hey everybody. I'm DuckTalesWooHoo1987 and I'm a die hard Disney fan. I've been a lifelong lover of all things Disney for 34 years now and show no signs of stopping. I'm a DVC member since 2008. My all time favorite Disney movie is PROBABLY is Peter Pan if I was forced to choose but I'm a huge fan of classic Disney and anything by the 9 Old Men. My favorite character of all time is Scrooge McDuck and I love the Carl Barks comics that gave birth to him. I assume it is also no shock that I'm maybe the worlds biggest Ducktales fan as well. My favorite way to enjoy Disney is the Magic Kingdom and my favorite ride is The Haunted Mansion. My non Disney interests are video games, comic book, and vintage action figures which I passionately collect. I'm also a baptist preacher and enjoy church three times a week as well. I hope to contribute some creativity around here.

@DuckTalesWooHoo1987 here is your official Armchair Imagineering Nametag! :D

Ducktales_zpsblsxejqd.png

Hello everyone. I will be an interested observer for the finals of the House Cup. I am ThemeParkJunkee. I have been a fan of themed entertainment since my childhood many years ago when it and I were in our infancy. My name is Wendy, and yes, I was named after the Wendy in Peter Pan. I am a fan of your imagineering forums and lurk and read a lot but have little understanding of the actual work that goes into your creations. I have an adult daughter who was inspired by MGM Studios to become an animator and illustrator. She is awesome but her imagination comes from me so there is that. I am not a trained artist, I'm an accountant who dabbles a bit.

@ThemeParkJunkee here is your official Armchair Imagineering Nametag! :D
ThemeParkJunkeeNametag_zpsqy9dyxfb.png

FigmentPigments

@Crazydisneyfanluke here is your official Armchair Imagineering Nametag! :D

LukeNametag_zpswco8k7y8.png

@fox_198 here is your official Armchair Imagineering Nametag! :D

FoxNametag_zpsbewxdvob.png

@A foolish mortal here is your official Armchair Imagineering Nametag! :D

FoolishMortal_zpsbihphmuc.png

@FigmentPigments here is your official Armchair Imagineering Nametag! :D

FigmentsName_zpsi6lfexy0.png

@GrandCanyonConcourse here is your official Armchair Imagineering Nametag! :D

GrandCanyonName_zpsdewya3l6.png

@tirian here is your official Armchair Imagineering Nametag! :D

tirian_zpstgp4skxd.png

@Steel City Magic here is your official Armchair Imagineering Nametag! :D

SteelCityName_zpsihvnlk33.png
Thank you very much!

TheOriginalTiki

I TOTALLY agree! The only problem is that I'm "PC Illiterate" and don't know how to put it over in the corner like everyone else does. LOL! If anyone could help with that that would be really awesome and I would owe you big time!

Click on your username in the top right corner of the page. That will take you to a profile editor. Click "edit avatar" and then upload the pic of your name tag :)

TheOriginalTiki

Even more detailed instructions from Space :)

Ah @DuckTalesWooHoo1987 - you were wondering how to change your avatar picture.

Hope this helps. (There are many ways to do this and if anyone else computer savvy like @Voxel :bookworm: has a better way - feel free to chime in.

Step 1 - Here's your picture, you want to right click on this image below and hit "view Image" .That'll take you to photobucket where Red has the image
Ducktales_zpsblsxejqd.png

Step 2 - There's a "download icon" it looks like an arrow pointing down into a line. Click on that and save the picture to a folder you'll remember

Step 3 - Once you've downloaded it, come back to wdwmagic, in the top right corner where your username is, scroll over your username and a bunch of stuff will show up, you want to click on "Avatar"

Step 4 - Once you click on Avatar , it will give you the option to insert a picture from your saved pictures on your computer. Click on that, and select your ducktales image you downloaded. Then hit "Okay" and you should be good to go!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom