New Hours for Future World

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Original Poster
I hadn't seen this posted elsewhere, but I just found this tidbit on MousePlanet:

"…It looks like Epcot's Future World has finally drawn enough late-hours interest to earn full-day status. Starting Sunday October 3, Future World once again will officially close with the park at 9 p.m. Now if we could only get World Showcase to open at 9 a.m. again…"

http://www.mouseplanet.com/9395/Walt_Disney_World_Resort_Update

ToTBellHop

I don't ever remember World Showcase openin before 11:00AM. That must have been quite a long time ago.
There was a time when Epcot was open past 9 pm, too. I want to say back in the mid-90s, you could still find closings past 9 pm (outside of the month of December).

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I wonder if this is an attempt to somewhat alleviate the massive Food and Wine crowds from the back of the park at that time

dreamfinder

From all accounts though, isn't most of Future World open til closing anyways? At least the major attractions? Test Track, Soarin' etc? So this is really just legitimizing that practice, and keeping the less busy attractions open as well.

wolf359

How many Future World attractions actually closed at 7pm?

Innoventions
Universe of Energy
Living with the Land
Circle of Life
Imagination

I'm honestly not sure how many more people these attractions will see each day with the extra two hours but I guess this is still a positive change somehow, right?

GLaDOS

From all accounts though, isn't most of Future World open til closing anyways? At least the major attractions? Test Track, Soarin' etc? So this is really just legitimizing that practice, and keeping the less busy attractions open as well.

Yup, the only things that closed at 7 were JII, UoE, and LwtL.

PintoColvig

Innoventions
Universe of Energy
Living with the Land
Circle of Life
Imagination

I'm honestly not sure how many more people these attractions will see each day with the extra two hours but I guess this is still a positive change somehow, right?
Our family tends to sleep in after late nights at the Parks. So, having the smaller attractions remain open in FW are a plus for us.

We've been run out of Innoventions several times because of the 7 p.m. closing time. It never made sense to me because there were always lots of people still in Innoventions.

Also, we have to do the child swap thing on Soarin'. Having the smaller attractions open in Future World West offers more options for us to take the little one who can't ride Soarin.'

sweet.... i hate when i park hop and miss out on fw... now i can do innoventions, lwl, and i think i was already able to have fun with figment...
so again sweet news

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I noticed this when I was jotting down the park hours for my vacation next week! Couldn't believe my eyes!

parkgoer

Innoventions
Universe of Energy
Living with the Land
Circle of Life
Imagination

I work at epcot. Quite a few people ask for directions to one of the mentioned attractions. When they find out it's they're closed, some are quite angry. With the ticket prices what they are, i think they should stay open until the park closes. I understand it's posted everywhere that these attractions close at 7pm and if you want to experience it, you need to get there before 7.

I think it's good. It gives more to do in future world without having only a few options and long wait times.

Pioneer Hall

I wonder if any of these attractions will now just be operating at reduced hours instead of saying other attractions are opened past future worlds closing time. Guess we will find out next month.

Horizonsfan

Fantastic news!

not a startling shift from current practice, with most major FW attractions being open, but still highly welcomed.

Oddysey

Great news! I have skipped a few after work evening trips to the parks because of the early closings. Now I am sure to be at the parks a little more often.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom