New Horizons Remake 2019

EZRock

In the Parks
No
Dang, I never got to experience the ride Horizons from Epcot, I'm pretty young (as you can see from my profile). I'm glad YouTube exists so that I can watch videos of the ride (although I'm not sure how much longer I will be able to find those videos because of COPPA).

The Empress Lilly

So much great original music was created for the classic EPCOT CENTER... It was a golden age for the discerning theme park fan that won't come again. Glad I got to experience it at just the right moment.
I am slowly turning towards gratitude as my overriding sentiment too.

Twenty years of frustration and anger after the Epcotalypse. Forever hoping the tide will turn. But the current destruction of EPCOT feels final. EPCOT is dead. It's over. It's time to understand EPCOT as ephemeral. An event in time, not a place.

And just be grateful that I knew it. I knew it at a great age too, falling in love with it as an 11 year old as it was being built. The one thing I regret is that I didn't spend a bit more time in EPCOT as an adult, right before the Epcotalypse.

As to the subject of this thread, surely no theme park has ever had such an incredible score. So much atmospheric music, so many fantastic songs. Divine. EPCOT was a spiritual experience. It fed your soul.

FettFan

This is pretty good, I still want the full version of the piece they put into Epcot Forever.

Fun fact: this is actually the SECOND version of a Horizons theme.

The first was written by the Sherman Brothers, but was rejected for the final ride....although it did make a brief appearance in the ride itself, and the instrumental version was still used in the courtyard.

Goofyernmost

I am slowly turning towards gratitude as my overriding sentiment too.

Twenty years of frustration and anger after the Epcotalypse. Forever hoping the tide will turn. But the current destruction of EPCOT feels final. EPCOT is dead. It's over. It's time to understand EPCOT as ephemeral. An event in time, not a place.

And just be grateful that I knew it. I knew it at a great age too, falling in love with it as an 11 year old as it was being built. The one thing I regret is that I didn't spend a bit more time in EPCOT as an adult, right before the Epcotalypse.

As to the subject of this thread, surely no theme park has ever had such an incredible score. So much atmospheric music, so many fantastic songs. Divine. EPCOT was a spiritual experience. It fed your soul.
That was probably the most level headed, common sense approach to the changes that has been posted here.

1575936105501.png

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If you get a chance, would you mind doing a breakdown? I'm intrigued.
Have to question that... how does one get 78 hours of music into one 24 hour day? Is it Disney Magic? 🤔;)
Break it down. One person would never hear all the music in one day. Area loops, load loops, ride music, show music.

Example; World of Motion had an exterior loop, a load loop, all the ride music loops, an unload loop, Bird and the Robot show, Water Engine show plus incidental music. Imagination had an exterior loop, an interior loop, all the ride music loops, an Imageworks loop, Makin’ Memories, Magic Journeys load, Magic Journeys show, fountain garden loop. The Land had an exterior loop, interior loop, Listen to the Land ride loops, Symbiosis load, Symbiosis, two Kitchen Kabaret load loops, Kitchen Kabaret show.....

Goofyernmost

Multiple locations with different music playing simultaneously. (eg the BGM changes when you move from Japan to France, France to UK, etc)
So they played 78 hours worth of music scattered about during the whole day, but, no one heard 78 hours of music in that one day. That wouldn't be possible. Don't they do that in all the parks everyday anyway? Not necessarily the same music but I have never been there when different lands didn't play different music continuously divided up by queue, preshow, show, exit and just area music specifically for the area you happen to be in!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom