New Horizons Pavilion

LenYJr

Original Poster
I think this pavilion's idea is still valid, even if it is just concentrated on where people can live and work in the future. Unfortunately, the problem with predicting the future, as the beginning of the original Horizon's ride showed, is that eventually time catches up to the prediction and it looks either outdated or silly.

Perhaps one of the big home builders (or even Lowe's or Home Depot?) could resurrect a version of Horizons that had some aspects of the original but could concentrate more on how people can actually live in unconventional locations?

I know they're trying to put more "exciting" things into Epcot now, but it would be nice to put a bit of the learning/showing off new technologies/predicting the future of early EPCOT Center into the current park.

k.hunter30

I know they're trying to put more "exciting" things into Epcot now, but it would be nice to put a bit of the learning/showing off new technologies/predicting the future of early EPCOT Center into the current park.
I definitely agree with this. As you said however, it's just hard to come up with things that wouldn't be outdated in a few short years. But I would love more things that really represented the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow.

HoW

I know the original Horizons talked with all sorts of experts (biologists, agriculturalist, etc) to get a firm grip on what the future could, or very likely would, hold, and I don't see why the same research wouldn't work for a New Horizon. True, there is a chance that in a few short years a project could look dated, but then again, that's what refurbs are for. As for sponorship, I absolutely love the idea of a home improvement sponsor. Another idea, since Horizons was kind of the meshing of all things Future World, a sponsorship of multiple companies (i.e. an energy, transportation, food producer, etc companies) would also make sense.

EPCOT_1138

They could build a new building (have it look similar to the old one) between The Seas and The Land or replace the Wonders of Life building that is going to sit empty after they gut the place.

Futureworld is already a mash of non-futuristic and half way futuristic attractions, why not?

EPCOT_1138

You know, whenever I search "Epcot Horizons" on Google, there are hundreds of websites that talk about missing the attraction and wondering why it left. Most of us know why the attraction left, but there's no reason for Disney not to bring it back. I never got to ride Horizons when it was open, and I would like to see something like a new Horizons that explores going into the 22nd century, or even midway into the 21st century. They could even update Spaceship Earth (I mean REALLY update) to kind of move away from communications (we've already got that covered, internet and cell phones) and go back to a Horizons-type attraction. I know that there are plans to add a "choose your own ending" to the ride and maybe even add bits of the Horizons soundtrack, but I'd still like to see them do Horizons all over again.

Sorry about the rant.

-EPCOT_1138

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom