"New Horizons" at Epcot

Crazy Harry

jedimaster1227 said:
Very true! Your words were taken out of context and used against you there.You were fully in line in everything you said.

Lets make sure that this thread doesn't get out of hand like *others* have :animwink:. I don't think Steve wants to get involved in another one of these.

Well, after rereading my original post I can see how that could be taken the wrong way, and we can concider it my mistake for poor wording.

jedimaster1227

Crazy Harry said:
Well, after rereading my original post I can see how that could be taken the wrong way, and we can concider it my mistake for poor wording.

Really, I didn't see any problem with your post. It was straight-forward, polite enough for an internet forum and told you opinion. Those are the three things that people normally look for in a post, and you had all of them. It is a shame that everything everyone says on this forum now has to be assessed to tell if it is right or wrong in any form.

Back on topic, I feel that Horizons lived a good life up until the end. The tribute in the queue for Mission Space is small but gracious and through that and online videos, Horizons can stay with us forever. I don't know what more people can really ask for. Bringing back an entire attraction isn't probable or logical in any form. Bringing back a character has always been a real stretch and takes a long time to happen. Horizons has had its time and now it is Mission Space's turn to own the element of Space in Epcot. Wonders of Life will look for a better replacement than an old ride.

Crazy Harry

jedimaster1227 said:
Back on topic, I feel that Horizons lived a good life up until the end. The tribute in the queue for Mission Space is small but gracious and through that and online videos, Horizons can stay with us forever. I don't know what more people can really ask for. Bringing back an entire attraction isn't probable or logical in any form. Bringing back a character has always been a real stretch and takes a long time to happen. Horizons has had its time and now it is Mission Space's turn to own the element of Space in Epcot. Wonders of Life will look for a better replacement than an old ride.

Although I don't believe Horizons should be resurected in it's previous form, a new version with updated technology has it's advantages. A good ride is a good ride no matter where it comes from. And I believe Epcot would benifit from one more really good family dark ride. Rides like pirates and haunted mansion arguably are what keeps the people coming back, so lets give Epcot one supersized dark ride, and what better theme than a glorified future. Now I'm not even suggesting something simular to the original ride, but a completely new ride inspired by the original. Of course anything based on the future is tough because you have to make it unrealistic enough not to have to change it ever few years because the technology caught up.

And if the ride was really good it would not only attract more of the general populous to or back to the park but would make amny a disney fan very happy.

And although I would love this, I realize it will never happen.

Although I also think WOL would be the perfect spot for a weather pavillion with a spider man style storm chaser ride.

erasure fan1

Crazy Harry said:
Although I also think WOL would be the perfect spot for a weather pavillion with a spider man style storm chaser ride.

HHMMM... Spiderman style storm chaser ride?.... Not a bad idea, I give it a thumbs up.

jedimaster1227

Crazy Harry said:
Although I don't believe Horizons should be resurected in it's previous form, a new version with updated technology has it's advantages. A good ride is a good ride no matter where it comes from. And I believe Epcot would benifit from one more really good family dark ride. Rides like pirates and haunted mansion arguably are what keeps the people coming back, so lets give Epcot one supersized dark ride, and what better theme than a glorified future. Now I'm not even suggesting something simular to the original ride, but a completely new ride inspired by the original. Of course anything based on the future is tough because you have to make it unrealistic enough not to have to change it ever few years because the technology caught up.

And if the ride was really good it would not only attract more of the general populous to or back to the park but would make amny a disney fan very happy.

And although I would love this, I realize it will never happen.

The next Project Blue Sky, Here we come! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom