New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

matt9112

Gringotts is a decent ride, but has several weak aspects:
- You are anticipating the wild and crazy cart ride as seen in the films. Instead you get shuffled through close corridors from scene to scene. Much of your time is spent watching dialogue and exposition unfold. All of the other characters seem to be having a better adventure than you are.
- as mentioned, pacing - the biggest wow factor of the ride happens immediately and the rest doesn't live up to it. You're never really given any moment to take in the setting or situation because of how much you are shuffled around. The ending launch is where it feels like everything should culminate with an appropriate roller coaster portion, but instead, you just turn a corner and bam - "ok we're done now, see ya later!"

I've said it many times on here, but the ride would have been significantly better as just a whimsical tour of the bank vaults on the crazy cart system without the forced conflict and tie-ins.

you mean without a story got it.

BrianLo

Add another person to the I am personally disappointed by Gringott's side. It's a divisive experience that I am not going to be a total snob and try and convince people who love it not to. That's reserved for people who praise Fast and Furious.

But for many of the reasons outlined already and many more, it is seemingly lavish, has a wonderful queue, excellent buildup, promising start, interesting ride system that fizzes out after the first 30 seconds.

Gringotts lacks many, many core ride design principles under the sheen of what is clearly an elaborate/expensive ride. Nothing irks me more than a ride that is essentially a park and bark for projected characters to stand still shouting expositional monologue at you.

Gringott's borders more on a poorly stitched together show, (with Universal's usual overeliance on frenetic nonsense and the suspect list of gag moments lifted from the far superior Spiderman), than a ride.

Everything Gringott's does wrong, Shanghai's Pirates did right.

BUT... I think this is going to be the ride I wanted Gringott's to be. #ontopic

JoeCamel

Add another person to the I am personally disappointed by Gringott's side. It's a divisive experience that I am not going to be a total snob and try and convince people who love it not to. That's reserved for people who praise Fast and Furious.

But for many of the reasons outlined already and many more, it is seemingly lavish, has a wonderful queue, excellent buildup, promising start, interesting ride system that fizzes out after the first 30 seconds.

Gringotts lacks many, many core ride design principles under the sheen of what is clearly an elaborate/expensive ride. Nothing irks me more than a ride that is essentially a park and bark for projected characters to stand still shouting expositional monologue at you.

Gringott's borders more on a poorly stitched together show, (with Universal's usual overeliance on frenetic nonsense and the suspect list of gag moments lifted from the far superior Spiderman), than a ride.

Everything Gringott's does wrong, Shanghai's Pirates did right.

BUT... I think this is going to be the ride I wanted Gringott's to be. #ontopic
As one who waited six hours to ride when EFG opened I agree. It is good not great. The land is outstanding and I hope this new ride is as much fun as it looks to be. I might have to gird up and do another opening but this is worth it from what I can see.

danpam1024

As one who waited six hours to ride when EFG opened I agree. It is good not great. The land is outstanding and I hope this new ride is as much fun as it looks to be. I might have to gird up and do another opening but this is worth it from what I can see.
Nothing is worth waiting SIX HOURS in the FL heat :eek:.

SuperStretccch

Well, I'm getting a new Universal AP this month, so I'll make an attempt to get on this next year. I assume there'll be Virtual Line for this ride as well, right? It might be needed much more than for Fallon and F&F.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom