New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

lebeau

JAWS (Japan)
SPIDERMAN
HAUNTED MANSION
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN (Shanghai version)

Old Universal attractions : Kong, Jaws

Attractions that anyone can ride, but still provide a thrill seeking experience to satsify everyone. It's lazy to not attempt more of these attractions.

I share your tastes to a large degree, but I don't expect Universal to conform to them.

While these attractions have relatively broad appeal, I wouldn't say they provide a thrill-seeking experience that will satisfy everyone.

I love Jaws, but I wouldn't exactly call it family friendly. I know people who get motion-sick on Spider-Man. Lots of people would consider Haunted Mansion and Pirates anything but thrilling.

I think your definition of "everyone" is your family.

Last edited:

the.dreamfinder

It has a terrific facade, queue, preshow, and a super duper fun ride. All I have to do is see the happy reactions of people getting off the ride to know it's a good one.
Gringotts is a ride that’s all set up and no payoff. The actual ride never connects, on a tonal level, with that buildup, to its detriment. The ride is a mediocre use of innovative technology, which FJ, with the KUKA arms and projection domes, did with grace. The ride is quite dull and boring.

In some ways Gringotts is the perfect metaphor for post potter, CMCSA owned UNI, lots of hype with great promise followed by product that generally runs in place, never achieving Classic Disney levels of quality, as Hogsmeade did.

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

It seems like Universal is really saying, "We'll only do high-quality '''E-Ticket''' rides and attractions if and only if they're Harry Potter related."
I disagree (of course). I Kong think is great. And I will never understand the hate for Fallon. I think the facade is great. The queue is very high quality and entertaining and the ride is fun. And I love people saying they didn't theme the theater, particulally pointing out the light rig as an egregious break in theming and it should be hidden. It's a flippin' movie. no studio lights needed, that egregious theme breaking light rig is theming, dumbazz."

Fast & Furious, not so much.

GLaDOS

Gringotts is a ride that’s all set up and no payoff. The actual ride never connects, on a tonal level, with that buildup, to its detriment. The ride is a mediocre use of innovative technology, which FJ, with the KUKA arms and projection domes, did with grace. The ride is quite dull and boring.

In some ways Gringotts is the perfect metaphor for post potter, CSMA owned UNI, lots of hype with great promise followed by product that generally runs in place, never achieving Classic Disney levels of quality, as Hogsmeade did.

Lol. K.

the.dreamfinder

I disagree (of course). I Kong think is great. And I will never understand the hate for Fallon. I think the facade is great. The queue is very high quality and entertaining and the ride is fun. And I love people saying they didn't theme the theater, particulally pointing out the light rig as an egregious break in theming and it should be hidden. It's a flippin' movie. no studio lights needed, that egregious theme breaking light rig is theming, dumbazz."

Fast & Furious, not so much.
The hate for Fallon seems to come from people’s opinions of him.

Bairstow

In some ways Gringotts is the perfect metaphor for post potter, CSMA owned UNI, lots of hype with great promise followed by product that generally runs in place, never achieving Classic Disney levels of quality, as Hogsmeade did.
Gringotts has exactly one interesting trick up its sleeve and it does it right away. It's like a backwards Tower of Terror.

the.dreamfinder

Memorial Day 2019. This is Universal response to Star Wars Galaxy's Edge. It won't be lacking.

A motorbike coaster with a zero G fall back and a drop track, plus AAs and serious theming. It is not lacking.
I was hoping for March or April, but it’s close enough. Honestly, this feels like it can be UNI’s BTM more than anything.

Tom Morrow

Gringotts is a decent ride, but has several weak aspects:
- You are anticipating the wild and crazy cart ride as seen in the films. Instead you get shuffled through close corridors from scene to scene. Much of your time is spent watching dialogue and exposition unfold. All of the other characters seem to be having a better adventure than you are.
- as mentioned, pacing - the biggest wow factor of the ride happens immediately and the rest doesn't live up to it. You're never really given any moment to take in the setting or situation because of how much you are shuffled around. The ending launch is where it feels like everything should culminate with an appropriate roller coaster portion, but instead, you just turn a corner and bam - "ok we're done now, see ya later!"

I've said it many times on here, but the ride would have been significantly better as just a whimsical tour of the bank vaults on the crazy cart system without the forced conflict and tie-ins.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom