New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

Stripes

Happens to almost all new rides. To be expected.
Not like this. People are ticked on Twitter. Besides the breakdowns and the ride running on half it’s maximum capacity even when it is working, the handling by guest relations has been terrible. Universal shouldn’t have opened this ride yet. It’s not ready. Also, they need to drop Intamin as a future supplier.

Last edited:

Professortango1

Not like this. People are ticked on Twitter. Besides the breakdowns and the ride running on half it’s maximum capacity even when it is working, the handling by guest relations has been terrible. Universal shouldn’t have opened this ride yet. It’s not ready. Also, they need to drop Intamin as a future supplier.

Indiana Jones and Splash Mountain had TONS of downtime. I remember sitting down in the Indy queue many times and wondering if we should stick it out or ditch it. Its just part of opening a new ride.

Tony Perkis

“People are ticked on Twitter” may be one of the dumber reasons to knee jerk.

Stripes

Indiana Jones and Splash Mountain had TONS of downtime. I remember sitting down in the Indy queue many times and wondering if we should stick it out or ditch it. Its just part of opening a new ride.
In the 90s. I'm not aware of 10 hour queues for anything in recent memory.
“People are ticked on Twitter” may be one of the dumber reasons to knee jerk.
If I had just waited 10 hours in line for my ride to come to a halt at every show scene, I'd be ticked.

Tony Perkis

If I had just waited 10 hours in line for my ride to come to a halt at every show scene, I'd be ticked.

And you of can air your grievances on Twitter for someone on their social media team or HR to help remedy the situation in some way.

It’s still foolish to think that complaining on Twitter isn’t knee jerk for Universal creative and corporate. They think longer than opening weekend, and the opening of this attraction is no different than most, if not all, major new attractions at these resorts.

Professortango1

In the 90s. I'm not aware of 10 hour queues for anything in recent memory.

When Wizarding World opened in 2010 it had a wait of up to 8 hours just to enter the land. When I was at WDW a few years back, Seven Dwarves Mine Coaster was 5 hours and it had been open for awhile.

JT3000

Hopefully Universal will learn a thing or two about before opening an attraction before it’s ready. 10 hours is unacceptable, and there’s no excuse.

There we go. The "This only happens at Universal" schtick rears its ugly head again. No, this happens everywhere. New, technologically advanced rides are going to have issues when it comes time for normal operation to begin, no matter what. This particular ride lacked a proper soft opening, which didn't help matters, but it was still testing for months. Using this logic that they should wait until everything is deemed perfect and 100% ready before opening, the ride may never open!

Tony Perkis

Hopefully Universal will learn a thing or two about before opening an attraction before it’s ready. 10 hours is unacceptable, and there’s no excuse.
Where is your evidence proving the ride wasn’t ready?

You can make a claim regarding crowd management and the need for a more restrictive reservation system, but that doesn’t mean the ride wasn’t ready.

New rides break down consistently. It’s almost expected. The question is, would additional weeks of testing have prevented the issue? The answer is seldom yes, because you introduce the human element into the equation when it didn’t exist in a meaningful manner prior.

JT3000

Where is your evidence proving the ride wasn’t ready?

You can make a claim regarding crowd management and the need for a more restrictive reservation system, but that doesn’t mean the ride wasn’t ready.

New rides break down consistently. It’s almost expected. The question is, would additional weeks of testing have prevented the issue? The answer is seldom yes, because you introduce the human element into the equation when it didn’t exist in a meaningful manner prior.

I wasn't there, but based on what I've seen, crowd management wasn't even an issue. It was actually pretty uneventful in that sense. They even took several unusual measures to prepare for the entirely expected onslaught, like setting up a 10-hour-long queue (that even slithered through backstage areas) ahead of time and handing out water to everyone. There were simply too many people all wanting to see the same thing.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Coaster was advertised as "at capacity" all night... walked back there and it had a 120 min posted wait. But it had must been cleared because I got in singlenrider and got on in 10mins and the standby queue maybe had 20min wait. Got off and went right back around and then waited an hour in single rider. Later folks were waiting about an hour (they closed single rider just behind us).

Easily best coaster in town. Don't watch spoilers!!!

At night with the headlight is awesome.

There are somethings other coasters do better (btmrr track integration) but the ride experience on this is amazing. Intense but not hard on you at all! Btmrr is harder on the body...

The first time you round the hill and see the ride layout from the queue you just can't help but be wow'd

If they had done the ceiling better on the indoor... and maybe some of the lights... I'd call it amazing through and through.

Hagrid looks great. The ride vehicles are amazing. The seating position is great.

The continuous loading is neat to see in a coaster.

I think the castle walls in the queue before you go inside for single rider will be a safety hazard. Too easy for kids to climb up and sit in a wide flat area that immediately drops down to a probably 15ft drop. And no supervision in that area. They need to fill in those sections so they are not tempting to climb to sit.

seascape

It is not Universal's fault that people are dumb enough to wait in a 10 hour long line to ride a rollercoaster. No matter how great a ride is, it is not good enough to waste 10 hours in a line. No ride is worth more than a 2 hour wait and only for the first time. That is just stupid. But Universal collected a lot of money from those stupid people and that is good for Comcast's stockholders. Same goes for any ride at any themepark.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Still signs of monitoring for the new ride around. My first car had paint marks all over the ride vehicle to monitor for screw movement... even in the customer facing areas.

They also had two high speed digital cameras filming the ride side of ride vehicles as they entered the station.

Sorry disney... better stop tron now and make it better. Hagrids is gonna make tron feel flat!!

I think I counted 8 booster sections?

Professortango1

It is ready. That's why it is open. Considering Disney had commercials for years advertising Test Track, I'll take a ride having typical down time as the quirks get worked out. People didn't have to wait 10 hours. They chose to. Me personally, I'd wait a month and wait 2+ hours, but these folks wanted to ride it opening day no matter the wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom