New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

Tom Morrow

So tomorrow is the grand opening and it looks like no soft openings today. Very odd. I can’t think of an attraction in recent memory that didn’t soft open to the public before the official opening date.

Tony Perkis

Are you just now figuring this out? Were you expecting a boat ride? Omnimover? Teacups? What?

bhg469

7D is themed MUCH better.... but it’s only one show scene.

If Disney didn’t cheap out and actually made 7D longer and added a few more show scenes then Hagrid’s would’ve looked like an ancient relic opening in 2019.
How many times did you ride it before coming to this realization?

Stripes

How many times did you ride it before coming to this realization?
At least once.
Personally thought it was an outstanding ride and great experience. All this "GrEaTeSSST RiDEEE EVA" is getting a bit out hand though.

Awesome ride and it's the best to land at UOR since Forbidden Journey. I do think FJ is still the superior ride and Universal hasn't done anything as innovative and groundbreaking since, but nonetheless this was a ton of fun. Huge improvement on Escape from Gringotts.

bhg469

At least once.
Groundbreaking is obviously a subjective word but to say that the queue-less system that was in place for Fallon isn't a them park breakthrough.... Meanwhile I haven't ridden this yet but I have ridden mine train... There is no "if" in terms of its length... It is not long enough, it is about half as long as it should be. That is the final product. That is the route disney took. Seems like it was the same story for navi river journey, which is IMO 1/8 of the way to being one of the greatest attractions built in the past decade.. It is a huge mistake not making that ride any longer.

You want to talk about over hype... Look no further than Flight of passage..

Tonto

Groundbreaking is obviously a subjective word but to say that the queue-less system that was in place for Fallon isn't a them park breakthrough.... Meanwhile I haven't ridden this yet but I have ridden mine train... There is no "if" in terms of its length... It is not long enough, it is about half as long as it should be. That is the final product. That is the route disney took. Seems like it was the same story for navi river journey, which is IMO 1/8 of the way to being one of the greatest attractions built in the past decade.. It is a huge mistake not making that ride any longer.

You want to talk about over hype... Look no further than Flight of passage..
As you mentioned subjective. Flight of Passage for me is an amazing ride and the best ride in Orlando in the past 5 years. Hands down. It’s also one of those rides that when you get off that you can see the amazement and enjoyment in peoples eyes. It is a stellar attraction and too suggest anything else is very unfair. The ride, associated environment and its queue are amazing!!! I would not use the words over hyped.

raven

Ripken10

Now it’s just saying ‘At Capacity’, but I kind of find it interesting that the wait times don’t seem to have spilled over to the other Potter rides. However- Hippogriff has longer lines than FJ?!
View attachment 381179

View attachment 381180
View attachment 381181
View attachment 381182
Had a friend down there. Was told they waited 10 hours in line (the line was capped when it got to 10 hours, park reached capacity as well), they got to the "40 minutes to go" point (not sure if there was a sign or just there estimate) when it broke down for the second or third time. They finally gave up (parents were willing to wait, but the kids had enough. Apparently their kids, high school age, had enough of listening to the other kids in line complain).

bhg469

Sounds like a total failure guys... time to give up on potter.. Oh yeah, all those people who suffered permanent spinal injuries on bike... Thoughts and prayers.... That was what was supposed to happen right?

raven

Had a friend down there. Was told they waited 10 hours in line (the line was capped when it got to 10 hours, park reached capacity as well), they got to the "40 minutes to go" point (not sure if there was a sign or just there estimate) when it broke down for the second or third time. They finally gave up (parents were willing to wait, but the kids had enough. Apparently their kids, high school age, had enough of listening to the other kids in line complain).
Ride never broke down. Lightning in the area caused it to stop operating a few times but once it was clear they were back up and running.

Tony Perkis

This is how misinformation spreads.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I want to go over... but app says 6hr wait... so even with virtual queue I may not even get there before close... nutty

Never mind other breakdowns that are possible

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom