New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

Tom Morrow

Glad to see the raving reviews, though that screen jab at Millennium Falcon smuggler’s Run was dumb and unnecessary. Like if you can’t recognize which resort has a greater saturation of screen experiences... and ignore all the raving reviews for Galaxy’s Edge... sure. Universal “won.”

Tony Perkis

Glad to see the raving reviews, though that screen jab at Millennium Falcon smuggler’s Run was dumb and unnecessary. Like if you can’t recognize which resort has a greater saturation of screen experiences... and ignore all the raving reviews for Galaxy’s Edge... sure. Universal “won.”
I don’t think either resort won or lost. They both look incredibly impression.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don’t think either resort won or lost. They both look incredibly impression.

I'm glad it's a great ride.

We all won.

But for Disney fans... we won in that Universal keeps doubling down on that really successful IP and makes its Land better and better, which hopefully will push Disney to do the same with expanding TSL, Pandora, and SWL.

Tony Perkis

I'm glad it's a great ride.

We all won.

But for Disney fans... we won in that Universal keeps doubling down on that really successful IP and makes its Land better and better, which hopefully will push Disney to do the same with expanding TSL, Pandora, and SWL.
I’ve been exceedingly critical of Disney with their Florida projects. I think the quality between the two coast locations is night and day.

Disneyland is the superior of the two US properties, almost exclusively due to the maintenance and attention to detail of the day-to-day operations.

As for the Millenium Falcon ride, I assume it’s a blast. It looks like a Ganeworks or D&B arcade game with heightened productions values, but YouTube is a bad metric of quality, so I’ll withhold a final judgement until my next trip to Orlando in 2069.

I don’t understand why anyone would root for one ride to fail. It’s similar to films for me, which actually are my passion. I don’t root for a film to fail; I want all of them to be great. Because why the hell would somebody root to be miserable unless there were a sadist?

I have my issues with the Star Wars land on a nerd level, but they’ve clearly done a wonderful job creating a captivating environment.

seascape

I am glad that the ride is as great as hoped. However to say that one ride, which actually replaced Dragon Challenge, is winning over SWGE, which replaced Lights Motor Action. is just wrong. SWGE is a new land. For Universal to actually win it would need to increase its attendance more than HS will increase. Therefore, the real winners are the themepark fans and Disney. HS will draw over 15 million in 2020, GEs first full year.

Universal is pushing Disney and that is a good thing, but builing rollercoasters is not the way to build for the future. Our population is getting older. Family sizes continue to decrease as s parents wait until later in life to have their one or two children. Universal is advertising to teenages and people under 30. Once people reach their 40s they are less and less likely to ride rollercoasters. Family rides and attractions are more likely to grow in popularity. The actual audience both Disney and Universal should aim for are grandparents. They are the ones with the money and can afford to pay for the vacation. That is why if Universal were smart they would start selling timeshares at the new resort and include more dark rides. Plus Nintendo Family attractions, would bring back the memories of playing the original NES games.

JT3000

So a new E-ticket attraction is accepting its first riders and we're doing this crap again? Really?

ToTBellHop

I think it will be a great ride, but the first folks to experience an attraction are usually QUITE biased. I've seen this song and dance before where folks go on a ride during previews and claim it's the #BESTRIDEEVAAA!!! and a #GAMECHANGER! and then the real reviews come in during the first few months after the land opens.

Again, I think it will be a fabulous ride. I highly doubt most will view it as the #BESTRIDEONEARTH!! however. It's a wonderful achievement for Universal regardless. The dig at Guardians is just silly, however. We know just about nothing about it and it will likely be great, as well. I never understand the competition fans create. I want BOTH WDW and UOR to produce wonderful rides. I have no problem staying in Orlando for 2 weeks if they can put together 7 wonderful parks (I gave up on Sea World years ago...).

OG Runner

I think it will be a great ride, but the first folks to experience an attraction are usually QUITE biased. I've seen this song and dance before where folks go on a ride during previews and claim it's the #BESTRIDEEVAAA!!! and a #GAMECHANGER! and then the real reviews come in during the first few months after the land opens.

Again, I think it will be a fabulous ride. I highly doubt most will view it as the #BESTRIDEONEARTH!! however. It's a wonderful achievement for Universal regardless. The dig at Guardians is just silly, however. We know just about nothing about it and it will likely be great, as well. I never understand the competition fans create. I want BOTH WDW and UOR to produce wonderful rides. I have no problem staying in Orlando for 2 weeks if they can put together 7 wonderful parks (I gave up on Sea World years ago...).

Not when they rode The Fast & Furious ride! :p

Tom Morrow

My only point was that "At least it isn't a screen ride unlike that park down the road!" is an extremely delusional dis for a Universal fan. But I know that a lot of employees of both resorts develop this mentality.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
"Family coasters" with elaborate "scenes" are just so hugely popular. They all get multiple hour lines.

Don't know why even more of them aren't being built.

Yes, I know fans of the slow dark ride want more of those and fume every time a family coaster is announced. And yes, their capacity isn't that great. So... just build more of them.

And contain the cost.

doctornick

I'm still having a hard time believing that they aren't offering Early Admission for IoA this month with this ride opening. With a ride that will surely have massive demand, extending the ride's operating time is one way to add least somewhat increase the total capacity for the day

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom