News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

note2001

Waterproof? 😁
But of course. They all need to live up to the industry standards plus some as this is Disney where anything could happen. For all we know one of these gondolas could end up being flung into orbit, melt like a chocolate bar, or be swallowed whole by Monstro.

Last edited:

BeckyTheTechy

Watching gondola updates on ytube with another ytuber complaining about why Disney didn’t put AC on the gondolas. My husband pointed out as we watched that AC would be pointless because any cool air in the cabins would go away once the gondola goes into the stations and the doors remain open as it makes the return loop to let people on. Has anyone mentioned this before? I’ve kept up with the last 300 pages and hadn’t seen this very valid point yet...

Minthorne

Watching gondola updates on ytube with another ytuber complaining about why Disney didn’t put AC on the gondolas. My husband pointed out as we watched that AC would be pointless because any cool air in the cabins would go away once the gondola goes into the stations and the doors remain open as it makes the return loop to let people on. Has anyone mentioned this before? I’ve kept up with the last 300 pages and hadn’t seen this very valid point yet...
I don’t think anyone has mentioned air conditioning on this thread at all. 😇

bUU

Watching gondola updates on ytube with another ytuber complaining about why Disney didn’t put AC on the gondolas. My husband pointed out as we watched that AC would be pointless because any cool air in the cabins would go away once the gondola goes into the stations and the doors remain open as it makes the return loop to let people on.
The vast majority of fans are well-adjusted and clear-headed people, but some are less mature and the nature of Disney, as a place about fantasy, is that that immaturity has a louder voice than it might have with other things. So we see some of those folks beating to death a concern that most reasonable people would realize doesn't make sense or a concern that they would drop after expressing the concern once or twice - concerns like air conditioning on the gondolas, or like the size of a ride building, or like some attraction that they personally feel is out of place. It's always been a little like that, though I think the advancement of social media has given those less reasoned voice an even louder voice than before. Don't get me wrong - I watch the YouTube channel that I believe you're referring to regularly. If you can keep in perspective the immaturity and set it aside, there is still a good bit of interesting content.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

You would be hard pressed to find something about the gondola's that hasn't been discussed do far on this thread. ;)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Bretton Woods ski resort in New Hampshire is building their first gondola line this year, and oddly enough, it has generated virtually no internet forum conversations.

I have a feeling that if Disney changed their toilet paper, we'd get a 12 page discussion.

Now that's a ridiculous statement....

The discussion would go on for 100 page minimum! ;)

carolina_yankee

The Paradise Point Tramway in St. Thomas has no air-conditioning, makes a five minute run, and hasn't baked, roasted, or seared a single DCL guest yet. I'm guessing that if St. Thomas can run a tram without convection cooking guests, Disney can do the same thing.

Then again, maybe it's dreams of the Bushwhackers that await at the top that keep one's mind from noticing the aroma of burning flesh.

mm121

I think the road will reconnect. The current CBR bus route is a darn mess.

I also think CBR and Riviera could be sharing busses on most routes with the connected route.

Riviera is a 300 room location. Caribbean lost 576 rooms to make way for this DVC. If Caribbean were able to make it work before with its original 2112 rooms, the busses can certainly hold the addition of Riviera rooms with the remainder of Caribbean.

Think the routes will be separate or connected?
Does anyone know how many BEDS were lost versus how many were GAINED?

Since I know many of the 300 in Riviera would probably count as two old Caribbean rooms since DVC usually includes a lot of suites.

Still not a fan of what they did with destroying existing rooms to build this and having this new huge tower looming over CBB when they want us to believe that Riviera is a completely separate resort.

Phil12

I have a feeling that if Disney changed their toilet paper, we'd get a 12 page discussion.
Well I think they should use the same quality of toilet paper on the gondolas as they use in the parks and the guest rooms. Otherwise it's very confusing for sensory receptors. However, they may have to use that toilet paper that is specially designed for holding tanks and blue water.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
If you look at some of my other posts, yes, the labor is the most intensive. There are different adhesives for temporary vs. long-term use, but even still, even if the wraps are farmed out, a large contract like this would wind up with individual wraps costing less than if they only had 3 that needed to be wrapped, so replacing the gondolas would be ridiculous.
Oh, you mean like giving your CEO $423 million dollars over the next four years ridiculous?

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, April 20, 2019. At the Riviera resort Skyliner station, bronze colored light posts have been installed, wrapped in protective plastic.

As reported earlier, ligustrum bushes and other plants have been added around the Skyliner towers at the Caribbean Beach resort.

Phil12

Photo update as of Saturday, April 20, 2019. At the Riviera resort Skyliner station, bronze colored light posts have been installed, wrapped in protective plastic.

View attachment 366561

As reported earlier, ligustrum bushes and other plants have been added around the Skyliner towers at the Caribbean Beach resort.

View attachment 366562
Ligustrum shrubs are perfect for the base of the Skyliner towers. The plants are very forgiving, easy to grow and are great for breaking the fall of heavy objects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom