News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Looks like blog Mickey did get photos of the heavy cable in that shot with the trees, but it doesn't look like heavy cable in the close shots

I think they are all still just the communication and pilot cables.

1541950121174.png

MouseBrayden

Full wire rope being run between DHS and Caribbean November 9th-13th (already partially complete).

Guidewire being run from Caribbean to Pop/AoA in same timeframe (also partially complete).

Once DHS to Caribbean wire rope is complete, wire rope will next be extended from Caribbean to Pop/AoA.

Lastly, guidewire and permanent rope will extend to Riviera/Epcot turns and finally the Epcot station, completing the cable install.

joelkfla

Full wire rope being run between DHS and Caribbean November 9th-13th (already partially complete).

Guidewire being run from Caribbean to Pop/AoA in same timeframe (also partially complete).

Once DHS to Caribbean wire rope is complete, wire rope will next be extended from Caribbean to Pop/AoA.

Lastly, guidewire and permanent rope will extend to Riviera/Epcot turns and finally the Epcot station, completing the cable install.
Source?

MouseBrayden

He is the source.

I got the info last week and gave it to the Disney news photographers you know and love and so far it looks like the info was all true so I thought I'd publish what I know!

I'm assuming they're doing the DHS/Caribbean & Caribbean/Pop/AoA lines first because they're simple station-to-station lines. The Epcot/Riviera line is a bit more intensive with a single wire going 3 directions throughout the route.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm assuming they're doing the DHS/Caribbean & Caribbean/Pop/AoA lines first because they're simple station-to-station lines. The Epcot/Riviera line is a bit more intensive with a single wire going 3 directions throughout the route.

Given the announced shutdown of the ferries to Epcot the first week of December, it's likely that that is when they'll be hauling rope by the IG.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I got the info last week and gave it to the Disney news photographers you know and love and so far it looks like the info was all true so I thought I'd publish what I know!

Have you seen any pictures from today of the haul rope?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom