News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

dan8302

Looking at the mock up of the route, the Epcot leg goes pretty close to the back of the France Pavilion, so much so that they may need to do some additional themeing on the back side of the building. It makes me wonder if either a) that is where the rumors of a new attraction for that pavilion are coming from, or b) they decided if we have to do some work on the back side, we might as well make it worth while.

nickys

Premium Member
I didn't read the last 100 pages but it was confirmed that this gondola system is definitely happening, right?

Not by Disney yet! But by our awesome"insiders" who share what they can, when they can. And work has started I think.

And I have meant to post since spending a few evenings reading thie first 100 pages. A massive thanks to those of you who deduced all this from nothing more than some permits. I cannot fathom how you did it, but wow! That's all I can say. This is the thread I check each day now, far more than I should.

RSoxNo1

I'd be fine with the gondolas taking some design inspiration from the Tokyo monorail too. They have Mickey ear windows which differentiates it from a generic train, but are subtle enough to not be a gaudy distraction in the environments it travels through. That to me is how a customization should be done.
View attachment 197744
Personally, I think the exterior of the Tokyo monorails make them look the likeliest monorails Disney has. The interiors however are awesome.
IMG_6207.JPG

BEARSHOUSE4

I say these gondolas are already in production. Somewhere in Europe probably, far away from prying eyes here. Once the towers are installed, the shipment arrives with the carriages, possibly cable as well. Strung and installed, viola! Just my take.....

Lift Blog

I say these gondolas are already in production. Somewhere in Europe probably, far away from prying eyes here. Once the towers are installed, the shipment arrives with the carriages, possibly cable as well. Strung and installed, viola! Just my take.....

Doppelmayr production facilities are in Salt Lake City, Utah; St. Jerome, Quebec; Wolfurt, Austria and Olten, Switzerland. In that last one you can literally see the gondolas from space and in Google Street View. Cable manufacturer Fatzer is in Romanshorn, Switzerland.

Just a guess, but Doppelmayr would probably love to install the ropeway components next winter when their construction teams are freed up from ski resort projects. They are building approximately 15 ski lifts in the US over the next six months and at least that many in summer 2018.

Last edited:

jt04

Doppelmayr production facilities are in Salt Lake City, Utah; St. Jerome, Quebec; Wolfurt, Austria and Olten, Switzerland. In that last one you can literally see the gondolas from space and in Google Street View. Cable manufacturer Fatzer is in Romanshorn, Switzerland.

Just a guess, but Doppelmayr would probably love to install the ropeway components next winter when their construction teams are freed up from ski resort projects. They are building approximately 15 ski lifts in the US over the next six months and at least that many in summer 2018.

I like your time table. It makes some sense.

A salute to @danlb_2000 and their permit examination fu, On bringing us the best Disney news in a LONG time even I the resident curmudgeon is excited and pleased about this project! (and has no lingering doubts about whether it's actually happening)

2017, 2018 and 2019 will be amazing years for WDW

PS- so will 2020, 2021, 2022,......2032.........2071.......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom