News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Victor Kelly

Should have taken a picture - but I didn't. Rode it this past weekend and noticed a sign that said something to the effect of:

"Like other gondola systems around the world, gondolas are subject to disruptions from time to time that may cause the gondolas to briefly stop"

I don't remember that sign being there when it opened. But it might have. I just chuckled and thought of this thread.
Bad excuse for sure.

Squishy

Should have taken a picture - but I didn't. Rode it this past weekend and noticed a sign that said something to the effect of:

"Like other gondola systems around the world, gondolas are subject to disruptions from time to time that may cause the gondolas to briefly stop"

I don't remember that sign being there when it opened. But it might have. I just chuckled and thought of this thread.
Been there ever since the collision of the gondolas happened..

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The beginning of the end of regular Pop bus service to DHS and EPCOT. I'm sure AoA would have the same. Wonder if it's also at CBR.

1578226234109.png

From here...

Not sure people will be happy with this since the Skyliner doesn't open until 7am. Maybe the hours will change. I decided not to try for the boarding group this morning. To cold and I wanted to sleep. Maybe next weekend.

View attachment 439188

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

The beginning of the end of regular Pop bus service to DHS and EPCOT. I'm sure AoA would have the same. Wonder if it's also at CBR.

View attachment 439190

From here...
So, how does this work from leaving the park? Is it still every 20 the other way around? And how does this affect when the park closes for the night and your still in FW having to high tail it over to International Gateway and the CM's barricade you going back that direction when it closes for the night...I'm a late night person so I'd like to make sure I can still get over to the Skyliner after the park closes...

nickys

Premium Member
So, how does this work from leaving the park? Is it still every 20 the other way around? And how does this affect when the park closes for the night and your still in FW having to high tail it over to International Gateway and the CM's barricade you going back that direction when it closes for the night...I'm a late night person so I'd like to make sure I can still get over to the Skyliner after the park closes...

If you’re in FW and heading for the IG, just tell them that’s where you’re going. Shouldn’t be a problem.

I expect they will still encourage you to use the Skyliner when leaving DHS to get back to POp, AoA and CBR.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Rather bold given the continued reports of issues with the Epcot line.

Maybe this means they feel those issues have been resolved?

I still doubt bus service will end completely.

I'm sure if one or more lines go down, they add more busses to go back to every 20 minutes for the duration.

peter11435

Cast members will not stop you from going to international gateway at any point

trainplane3

Cast members will not stop you from going to international gateway at any point
This was actually a concern of mine last year. I hovered around Epcot for a while well past close (with many other guests taking their time leaving) and had no issue with exiting through the IG.

Last edited:

joelkfla

I'm sure if one or more lines go down, they add more busses to go back to every 20 minutes for the duration.
By past experience, when the monorail or boats go down, it takes up to half an hour to get replacement buses running, and of course there are no extra bus drivers sitting around, so overall service levels are affected. And replacement service generally comes nowhere near the capacity of the service being replaced, so lines tend to develop.

I'm not anti-Skyliner, nor am I against reducing redundant bus service, but Disney needs to come up with a way to have that reserve capacity readily available. If they continue to shut down for lightning, it certainly will be needed come summer.

trainplane3

View attachment 439190

From here...
Reading the tweets from our favorite site...ya people aren't happy. If they can work out whatever kinks they're having with the Epcot line, I'm sure most would be fine with it. I'd still rather take this over the bus since it *should* be more consistent then buses.

Glad to see @Lift Blog is still out here though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom