News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

jaklgreen

We have been on the Skyliner 6x in the past 5 days. We chose CBR for this reason; my husband and son were both really excited. I was a bit meh about it because I’m not a fan of heights (other than roller coasters/ToT).

While my husband and son enjoy it enough, I LOVE it. Lines are nonexistent, it’s efficient, the breeze is nice (vents are closed up top). Even the other day when it was in the low 50s at times, we were very comfortable. At the end of the night, I get excited to ride again like it’s another attraction 🤣 Backing out my daughter’s stroller has been no problem at all.

When we left DHS the other day it was down, but by the time we went back it was fine. That was the only hiccup. Oh and when we first rode on 12/18, it was really windy, which had my husband and son a little queasy, and my legs were a bit wobbly when I got off. Nothing that scarred or deterred is, though. We’ve talked to other guests about it at the bus stop and everyone we’ve met is also really enjoying it.

I was a little bit of a skeptic, but I am SOLD.

I would be OK with it if there was 100% certainty that I would never be stuck in one the gondolas in the air for over 10 minutes. I know that any ride can go down, but you can physically get off of a ride. I am not a fan of the monorails for this reason either.

peter11435

I would be OK with it if there was 100% certainty that I would never be stuck in one the gondolas in the air for over 10 minutes. I know that any ride can go down, but you can physically get off of a ride. I am not a fan of the monorails for this reason either.
There are many rides you can’t physically get off of without assistance.

peter11435

Well, you're not supposed to, but you could. If I were on the people mover and a fire broke out in one of the tunnels, I would not hesitate to climb out and head for the nearest marked exit. Same on Splash or Pirates.
But on many you would physically not be able to get out without assistance.

In the case of something like pirates you would end up very wet And likely injured by unseen equipment beneath the waters surface.

peter11435

Without assistance is because that is how Disney wants it to be. But most rides you can physically get out of them on your own if you needed to. You are not dangling in the air.
Peter Pan you are dangling in air and good luck getting out of attractions with physical restraints without assistance. I think you’d be surprised how many rides you would not be able to get out of on your own.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Peter Pan you are dangling in air and good luck getting out of attractions with physical restraints without assistance. I think you’d be surprised how many rides you would not be able to get out of on your own.
Space Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain
Peter Pan
Tower of Terror
Star Tours
RnR Coaster
Expedition Everest
Flight of Passage
Soarin'
Test Track

peter11435

Space Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain
Peter Pan
Tower of Terror
Star Tours
RnR Coaster
Expedition Everest
Flight of Passage
Soarin'
Test Track
And

Barnstormer
Mine train
Splash mountain
Dumbo, Aladdin, Astro, Triceratops (if raised)
Slinky Dog
Millennium Falcon
Rise of the Resistance
Dinosaur
Primevil Whirl

The Monorail

Not to mention all of the attractions that you would likely be physically injured while attempting to exit yourself.

RobWDW1971

And

Barnstormer
Mine train
Splash mountain
Slinky Dog
Millennium Falcon
Rise of the Resistance
Dinosaur
Primevil Whirl

The Monorail

Not to mention all of the attractions that you would likely be physically injured while attempting to exit yourself.
Jungle Cruise if not at dock.

peter11435

Jungle Cruise if not at dock.
I would lump that in with pirates, small world, frozen, and kali. You could physically exit yourself since there’s no restraint. However you would definitely end up very very wet and likely seriously injured/killed since you would be unaware of equipment/mechanics/depth changes beneath the surface.

joelkfla

But on many you would physically not be able to get out without assistance.

In the case of something like pirates you would end up very wet And likely injured by unseen equipment beneath the waters surface.
There are places in Pirates where I grant it would be dicey to get out, but there are other places where it would be fairly easy to step onto the floor of the adjacent set.

peter11435

There are places in Pirates where I grant it would be dicey to get out, but there are other places where it would be fairly easy to step onto the floor of the adjacent set.
Correct. But there more places where it would be challenging to get out than there are places where you could simply step out onto a set. There’s actually only a handful of places where it would be “easy” to step out of the boat on to a set.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
And

Barnstormer
Mine train
Splash mountain
Slinky Dog
Millennium Falcon
Rise of the Resistance
Dinosaur
Primevil Whirl

The Monorail

Lap bars are easy to defeat, so I didn't count them. But locked seatbelts, yeah. Hard to get out of without a knife.

peter11435

Lap bars are easy to defeat, so I didn't count them. But locked seatbelts, yeah. Hard to get out of without a knife.
Depends on the lapbar. I think you’d have a hard time getting out of many of them if they were properly lowered initially. Good luck getting out of mine train with the lapbar lowered.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom